Indo-Pak Ride for Peace

Old January 27th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Denali

Default Indo-Pak Ride for Peace

Hi guys,
Starting today I will be unicycling from Delhi in India to Lahore in
Pakistan for peace. I will be joined by 2 cyclists and 2 support
vehicles. We are being flagged off by the Indian Sports Minister,
Mr.Mani Shankar Aiyar.
The details are as follows:

Delhi to Panipat 85 kms- 28th Jan
Panipat to Ambala 117 kms- 29th Jan
Ambala to Ludhiana 109 kms- 30th Jan
Rest Day- 31st Jan
Ludhiana to Jalandhar 60 kms- 1st Feb.
Jalandhar to Amritsar 80kms- 2nd Feb.
Amritsar to Wagah(Border) and Lahore 70 kms- 3rd Feb

I will be posting updates on my blog www.ride4peace.blogspot.com
It's not updated yet as we are busy with all the final details now.
Hopefully, pics will be up too sometime.
Later,
Sid
(Siddharth Rajan)

--
Denali
Denali's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9085

Old January 27th 07, 09:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Cool! Way to go!

Give peace a unicycle!

--
ivan

Read me! thank you.
ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

Old January 28th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aneedles

That's awesome! Have a great ride.

--
aneedles

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
aneedles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12542

Old January 28th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
James_Potter

That's fantabulous!
Have a wonderful time!

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://www.barefoothippie.com)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
-last edited by skrobo : today at 11:41 am.-

Old January 28th 07, 10:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

Go Sid go! Hope it goes well, don't forget to take lots of pics for the
rest of us to look at

--
domesticated ape
domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

Old February 28th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
idiorythmic

I've been following the blog posts and just read the final one.
Excellent job! Thank you for documenting and sharing the story; I
admire your initiative and commitment. Peace.

--
idiorythmic
idiorythmic's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12653

Old February 28th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Congratulations. What a great story and writeup. This trip will shine
in your memories for your whole life. Amazing!

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Check out my 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)

Old March 1st 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Denali

Hi,
Thanks for all the support, emails and comments. It was an awesome
experience. I apologise for taking my time updating the blog and
posting pictures- I literally got 2 hours once I got back home to
repack and head into the bush

Pic 1: Chatting with the media before we started.

|Filename: 1.jpg |

Old March 1st 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Denali

[image: [image: C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\New
Folder\2.jpg]]
2. Getting flagged off my the Indian Minister for Sports and Youth
Affairs

[image: [image: C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\New
Folder\3.jpg]]3. Riding in formation

[image: [image: C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\New
Folder\4.jpg]]4. Riding

[image: [image: C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\New
Folder\5.jpg]]5. The early morning fog made riding hard at times.

[image: [image: C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\New
Folder\6.jpg]]6. Entertaining porters at the border where we were
delayed by 5 hours

[image: [image: C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\New
Folder\7.jpg]]7. "I'd prefer my uni any day!"

[image: [image: C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\New
Folder\8.jpg]]8. Walking into Pakistan with a our reception group-
women councillors from the Pattan Development Organization. The border
is behind us. The next day we met with the head of the Human Rights
Commission of Pakistan.

[image: [image: C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\New
Folder\9.jpg]]9. Braving the traffic

|Filename: 9.jpg |

Old March 1st 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Denali

Pic2. Getting flagged off my the Indian Minister for Sports and Youth
Affairs

|Filename: 2.jpg |

Peace aspenmike Unicycling 5 April 12th 05 01:11 PM
Peace on Smuggler Mine aspenmike Unicycling 8 April 14th 04 05:15 PM
Peace Corps Uni paco Unicycling 16 February 13th 04 02:28 PM
Peace Themed Jerseys? William Paling General 512 January 21st 04 11:55 PM
Indo boards? AccordNSX Unicycling 15 October 17th 03 08:25 AM