Any girls doing this? (Guys can ignore this thread.)

Old August 9th 07, 02:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dorfus Dippintush

Default Any girls doing this? (Guys can ignore this thread.)

Great Singles Bike Ride

http://www.greatsinglesbikeride.com.au/index.htm

Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like me.)

Dorfus
Old August 9th 07, 09:18 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Dorfus Dippintush wrote:

Great Singles Bike Ride

http://www.greatsinglesbikeride.com.au/index.htm

Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like me.)

Read carefully, it is an add for a farm stay place.

I'm just wondering why the "girls" look a bit tired and if the
"organisers" are "swingers"
Old August 9th 07, 11:42 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Terryc wrote:
Read carefully, it is an add for a farm stay place.

"Camp overnight at Jalbrook Cottages & Alpacas (www.jalbrook.com.au),
a stunning property set on 10.5 acres of parkland gardens"

10.5 acres? Bloody peasants!

I'm just wondering why the "girls" look a bit tired and if the
"organisers" are "swingers"

I think you're drawing a pretty long bow with that leap of logic.

BTH
(Can I borrow your Ivory Tower for a moment, Theo?)

Old August 10th 07, 01:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_371_]

Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
Great Singles Bike Ride

http://www.greatsinglesbikeride.com.au/index.htm

Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
me.)

Sounds like a similar concept to what happens at the GVBR, just
slightly more refined. Maybe folks are over the whole P&O fkship thing?
The target audience prolly would be hundreds of nerdy guys, although as
a female I don't find the event all that interesting.

--
cfsmtb

Old August 10th 07, 01:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

cfsmtb wrote:
Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:

Great Singles Bike Ride

http://www.greatsinglesbikeride.com.au/index.htm

Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
me.)

Sounds like a similar concept to what happens at the GVBR, just
slightly more refined. Maybe folks are over the whole P&O fkship thing?
The target audience prolly would be hundreds of nerdy guys, although as
a female I don't find the event all that interesting.

Have to say that is a nice part of the world to ride in, better nearer
the coast though.

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old August 10th 07, 01:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

BT Humble wrote:
Terryc wrote:
Read carefully, it is an add for a farm stay place.

"Camp overnight at Jalbrook Cottages & Alpacas (www.jalbrook.com.au),
a stunning property set on 10.5 acres of parkland gardens"

10.5 acres? Bloody peasants!

(Can I borrow your Ivory Tower for a moment, Theo?)

Sure, the ladder is on the South side.
A 40 km ride for a weekend stay? Why bother? The Nannup-Balingup road
doesn't have lot of local traffic but, by October, will have touristy
traffic. Last time I was down there it was a narrow road with poor
shoulders, could be a little harrowing when there is a car passing in both
directions.
If you want to ride some hills, camp at Chez' Bekkers, set on 5.08 acres of
treed bushland. The 60 kms return ride to Bullsbrook should be enough hills
for a morning. :-)

Theo

Old August 10th 07, 03:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

On Aug 10, 8:57 am, "Theo Bekkers" wrote:
A 40 km ride for a weekend stay? Why bother? The Nannup-Balingup road
doesn't have lot of local traffic but, by October, will have touristy
traffic. Last time I was down there it was a narrow road with poor
shoulders, could be a little harrowing when there is a car passing in both
directions.

Still is. It is a very beautiful road (it reminds me of the driving
along the Tay back home) and the thought of cycling it does appeal,
but as you say, if you cycle it at a touristy time then you'd probably
be to concerned about other vehicles to enjoy the ride.

(it looks like it's the girls ignoring this thread, not the guys)

Graeme

Old August 10th 07, 05:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_61_]

Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
me.)

Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old August 10th 07, 06:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

LotteBum wrote:
Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
me.)

Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

Country towns don't have any scrubbers Lotte. With an unmarried young male
to female ratio of 5:1, all the chicks are highly desirable babes.

Theo

Old August 10th 07, 06:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:

Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
me.)

If you want a girl to ride with on this weekend, you'd better bring one.

Theo