floating pedal myth DEBUNKED

Old January 29th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default floating pedal myth DEBUNKED

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...s/13978.0.html

The upshot of his research skewered two rather sacred beliefs of cycling
fitters. One of his conclusions is that floating pedals do not reduce
the rotational and lateral moments about the knee and are hence of no
use in preventing knee injuries.

---------------------

I always knew you dumbasses in here who used floating pedals were
idiots. This research proves I was right all along.

Lance won most of his Tours on pedals with 0-degree lateraly play. So
take that you Time and Look floater freakjobs.

**** all of you in here with your stupid 7-degree "floatjob" pedals.

Floating = losing energy in the pedal stroke

Wait until Zinn does an article about speed in a velodrome turn. Then I
will rule the world.

Auf wiedersehen you Jackasses,

King Magilla

Old January 29th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dave

MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...s/13978.0.html

The upshot of his research skewered two rather sacred beliefs of cycling
fitters. One of his conclusions is that floating pedals do not reduce
the rotational and lateral moments about the knee and are hence of no
use in preventing knee injuries.

---------------------

I always knew you dumbasses in here who used floating pedals were
idiots. This research proves I was right all along.

Lance won most of his Tours on pedals with 0-degree lateraly play. So
take that you Time and Look floater freakjobs.

**** all of you in here with your stupid 7-degree "floatjob" pedals.

Floating = losing energy in the pedal stroke

Wait until Zinn does an article about speed in a velodrome turn. Then I
will rule the world.

Auf wiedersehen you Jackasses,

King Magilla

The test you are referring to was done on dead people. The test on live
subjects found the opposite to be true. This proves that pedal float
will not help you if you are dead.

/dave
Old January 29th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Dave wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

[...]

**** you, bitch. Cadevers have the same anatomy as living Homos.

I am still the ruler of all things cycling and this study proves you
floaters are members of the Manson Family.

Riddle me this: How come track riders don't use floating pedal systems,
dickweed?

Thanks,

Magilla
Old January 29th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jan 29, 12:26 pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...s/13978.0.html

The upshot of his research skewered two rather sacred beliefs of cycling
fitters.

dumbass,

a cycling science symposium ? this is a cottage industry that sprung
up to exploit the 'aerobic golf' crowd. every real pro i know was
dropping fields of cat 1s in their first year of racing. all the smoke
and mirrors in the world won't give you that.
Old January 29th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dave

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Dave wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

[...]

because it would slow them down in the corners?

Old January 29th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

wrote:
On Jan 29, 12:26 pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...s/13978.0.html

The upshot of his research skewered two rather sacred beliefs of cycling
fitters.

dumbass,

a cycling science symposium ? this is a cottage industry that sprung
up to exploit the 'aerobic golf' crowd. every real pro i know was
dropping fields of cat 1s in their first year of racing. all the smoke
and mirrors in the world won't give you that.

I have always said that pro racing is about genetics and little else.
That's why all the people in here who talk about training their way to
winning races are de facto weirdos.

Magilla
Old January 29th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Riddle me this: How come track riders don't use floating pedal
systems, dickweed?

Because even track riders aren't dumb enough to ride an 8-hr long pursuit?

--
Bill Asher
Old January 29th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message
http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...s/13978.0.html

The upshot of his research skewered two rather sacred beliefs of cycling
fitters. One of his conclusions is that floating pedals do not reduce the
rotational and lateral moments about the knee and are hence of no use in
preventing knee injuries.

---------------------

I always knew you dumbasses in here who used floating pedals were idiots.
This research proves I was right all along.

Lance won most of his Tours on pedals with 0-degree lateraly play. So
take that you Time and Look floater freakjobs.

**** all of you in here with your stupid 7-degree "floatjob" pedals.

Floating = losing energy in the pedal stroke

Wait until Zinn does an article about speed in a velodrome turn. Then I
will rule the world.

Auf wiedersehen you Jackasses,

King Magilla

Do you believe his theory why people TT faster when the roads are wet?

Old January 29th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jan 29, 10:20 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 29, 12:26 pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...s/13978.0.html

The upshot of his research skewered two rather sacred beliefs of cycling
fitters.

dumbass,

a cycling science symposium ? this is a cottage industry that sprung
up to exploit the 'aerobic golf' crowd. every real pro i know was
dropping fields of cat 1s in their first year of racing. all the smoke
and mirrors in the world won't give you that.

I have always said that pro racing is about genetics and little else.
That's why all the people in here who talk about training their way to
winning races are de facto weirdos.

Dumbass -

One can train their way into winning races. You know that. The
genetics just determines the maximum level of race that is winnable.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old January 29th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I'm only talking about pro races. All the other "races" are silly games
akin to playing touch football with your buddies on the back lawn of the
frat house. Nobody confuses that with real football..except cyclists,
of course.

In cycling, they age-grade everything and then further divide it into
geographic regions and sub-categories so everybody and their uncle can
leave saying they "won" their division. It reminds me of when I was in
high school and use to go to the mall and use to see that every varsity
jacket from every high school had some kind of "championship" title on it.

At some point you realize there can be no winners in a system where
there are no losers.

Magilla