Request for Simon Mason

Old March 23rd 12, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_5_]

Default Request for Simon Mason

Please can you take a photo of a can of baked beans on your kitchen worktop
and then upload it to your webspace.

Thanks.

Old March 23rd 12, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:43:06 -0000, "Mr Benn" wrote:

Please can you take a photo of a can of baked beans on your kitchen worktop
and then upload it to your webspace.

Thanks.

You can find such quite uninteresting photos and also videos on his website by
just guessing at the filename.

eg you can just put something like the following in to your browser and see if
it finds one:

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/havingawank.jpg or
http://www.swldxer.co.uk/havingawank.wmv

I have found quite a lot of them - I have saved them for a rainy day.

I think that http://www.swldxer.co.uk/girlsatwork.wmv may have gone now - but I
saved that one !!!

Here is a poor example which is still available:

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/cycle.jpg

there are some which are/were much more revealing :-)

--
Mason is in denial - he is an alcoholic.
He claims that he drinks ten to twelve pints
Old March 24th 12, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Robert Millar Sportive this May to tackle roads where Scottish greathoned his climbing skills

QUOTE:
Following the launch of the Graeme Obree Ayrshire Sportive last year,
Scotland is to get a second ride that celebrates one of the country's
great cyclists – Robert Millar, winner of the King of the Mountains
competition in the 1984 Tour de France, and still Britain's most
successful ever Grand Tour rider in terms of overall placings.

The Robert Millar Sportive, which will be based in Kirkintilloch near
Glasgow, will be held on Sunday 27 May 2012, and is one of three
events that will form part of the Scottish Sportive Series of rides
from organisers Maximise Sport – the Whisky Trail Sportive in June,
and the Graeme Obree Ayrshire Sportive in July.

The Robert Millar Sportive aims to celebrate the legacy of a cyclist
whose fourth place overall in the 1984 Tour has still never been
bettered by a British cyclist, although Bradley Wiggins equalled it in
2009.

During his career he also finished second in both the Giro d’Italia
and the Vuelta – it’s widely believed that he would have won the
latter in 1985 had Spanish teams not worked together to ensure that
home rider Pedro Delgado would win.

Millar’s career and subsequent withdrawal from the cycling scene was
charted in Richard Moore’s 2008 biography, In Search of Robert Millar,
although he does from time to time emerge from his seclusion, writing
now and again for publications including Rouleur.

While Millar has no direct involvement in the event, it does have his
support, with proceeds going to the Braveheart Cycling Fund and
Glasgow Wheelers CC.

Rhondda Geekie, leader of East Dunbartonshire Council Leader,
commented: “I am delighted that East Dunbartonshire is a part of this
wonderful event and I look forward to welcoming participants, their
supporters and spectators to Kirkintilloch on the day.

“The challenging terrain which makes up the routes provides a
picturesque backdrop to celebrate one of Scotland’s true cycling
heroes, Robert Millar. In East Dunbartonshire, we are fortunate to
have some beautiful scenery on our doorstep and I’m delighted that
others will get to enjoy it too”.

Two routes will be on offer, one of 95 miles the other of 46 miles,
and David Lang of organisers Maximise Sport said: “This will
undoubtedly be one of the hardest sportives on the UK calendar.

We have selected a route which will offer a severe test even to the
best prepared riders and takes in many of the roads Robert trained on
when he was a member of The Glasgow Wheelers including some of the
most challenging climbs in central Scotland, the ‘Tak Ma Doon’, ‘Top
of the World’ and ‘The Crow Road’.

“This is a beautiful route starting and finishing in Kirkintilloch,
climbing over the Kilsyth Hills before travelling through
Stirlingshire then negotiating the private road around Loch Katrine
for the 95 mile event.

“We think this is destined to become one of the best sportives in the
UK and will be a
test for the best. This is fitting in that it celebrates a legend that
is Robert Millar whose feats as a cyclist inspired many of the
cyclists now competing at international, world and professional level.

“We are delighted also that proceeds from the Robert Millar Sportive
will go to help develop the talent of tomorrow with funds being
allocated to Glasgow Wheelers and The Braveheart Fund and hopefully
assist in the development of Scotland’s aspiring road and track
cyclists,” he added.

Full details of the event including how to enter can be found on the
Robert Millar Sportive website.

http://road.cc/content/news/55382-ro...d-his-climbing

--
Simon Mason

Who is Simon Mason? Ratchet Cat UK 17 January 22nd 12 11:26 PM
Where is Simon Mason? Dave - Cyclists VOR UK 10 December 21st 11 10:33 AM
Is this alt.rec.simon.mason ? Mentalguy2k8[_2_] UK 30 August 6th 11 09:02 PM
Where is Simon Mason? Nuxx Bar UK 5 June 9th 09 11:44 AM
FAO Simon Mason Nuxx Bar UK 226 May 25th 09 07:07 PM