A Lesson from Florida: It's Time for Regime Change!

Old September 26th 04, 10:25 PM
Mr_Kingkillaha

Mike Vandeman Wrote:
To the Editor:

The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some
places where
humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the
entire Earth
belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do
anything that we
wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live
sustainably.

Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state.
People in
the desert Southwest can't survive without sucking whole rivers dry.
Most
Americans' lifestyles depend on a supply of fossil fuel from halfway
around the
world. And the ultimate in unsustainable living is space travel!

George W. Bush's goal seems to be to prolong this profligate
living-beyond-our-means as long as possible -- at least long enough for
he and
his rich friends to profit from it, and leave the nation holding the
bag: the
largest debt in our nation's history! For promoting nuclear weapons and
the
destruction of our environment, he represents the greatest living
threat to life
on Earth. We need to get rid of this usurper before he does any more
damage!

Please vote for John Kerry!

I'm not against Kerry, but i missed the part of his campaign where he
said he would make people stop living in Florida or the desert. I
missed the part where he said he was going to end our dependence on
fossil fuels. (i've heard he as a fleet of SUV's). And I don't think
he said he's against space travel (not sure on this one though).
MV Wrote:

he (Bush) represents the greatest living threat to life
on Earth.

Ok I have no argument against that one.

--
Mr_Kingkillaha

Old October 2nd 04, 08:27 PM
Mr_Kingkillaha

So do you ride street bikes, Mike? I was under the impression that you
hated bikes in general. Since you have said there is no right to bike
so they can be taken away or something like that.

--
Mr_Kingkillaha

Old October 5th 04, 01:29 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 05:27:50 +1000, Mr_Kingkillaha
wrote:

..
..So do you ride street bikes, Mike? I was under the impression that you
..hated bikes in general.

That's what those lying mountain bikers would love to have you believe. All you
have to do is read my web site.

Since you have said there is no right to bike
..so they can be taken away or something like that.

There's no right to bike OFF-ROAD. And riding on road is a PRIVILEGE, not a
right.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old October 5th 04, 05:16 AM
Scott Burley

On 04 Oct 2004, Mike Vandeman offered up this insight:

wrote:

.
.So do you ride street bikes, Mike? I was under the impression that
you .hated bikes in general.

That's what those lying mountain bikers would love to have you
believe. All you have to do is read my web site.

Since you have said there is no right to bike
.so they can be taken away or something like that.

There's no right to bike OFF-ROAD. And riding on road is a PRIVILEGE,
not a right.

Where do you draw the line? Obviously fire roads are out, because most of
them are simply wide trails. What about dirt roads in general? What about
a deteriorating asphalt road which is no longer maintained?

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

Old October 5th 04, 09:39 AM
Mr_Kingkillaha

Mike Vandeman Wrote:

Since you have said there is no right to bike
..so they can be taken away or something like that.

There's no right to bike OFF-ROAD. And riding on road is a PRIVILEGE,
not a
right.

If riding on road is a privilege, then it could be taken away. How
would you feel if some idiot on cycling forums was fighting to take it
away? If someone said that walking was the only way that is
acceptable? Im pretty sure this makes you a hypocrite, because you say
it's only okay to bike where you want to.

--
Mr_Kingkillaha

Old October 5th 04, 08:27 PM
Gary S.

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 13:21:19 GMT, Mike Vandeman
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 06:53:16 GMT, Scott Burley wrote:

.By that logic, we have monoplized the moon, since we have the ability to
.go there.

Yes, we have.

Exactly what wildlife are you speaking for, that lives on the Moon?

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old October 7th 04, 01:27 AM
Stephen Baker

MV blathers:

Someone who is eventually going to
die can't be said to "own" property, anyway: your "ownership ends with your
death.

So will your drivel, but you "own" that.....
I own my car. But that will end with it's death.
What's your point?

And just because a law is democratically created, it is not necessarily
fair or just.

Yes, it is. Otherwise the Supreme Court would block it.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha... choke

Nice one Mikey. Trying out for SNL?

Old October 7th 04, 01:56 AM
Bill Sornson

Stephen Baker wrote:

I own my car. But that will end with it's death.

Stevie, Stevie, Stevie...

Bill "don't make me go grammatical on yo' ass" S.

Old October 7th 04, 09:18 AM
Mr_Kingkillaha

In answer to your question about the size of Mike's wilderness
preserve,
here you go:
http://tinyurl.com/4w9xf

Mike, you pathetic loser.
400 s.f. ?
That's it?
Nieghbor kids probably run through it when you are not home just
because they hate you.
20' x 20' is not even enough for most insects to actually stay there.
Why don't you dedicate your entire property to "off limits proj." and
you can live on the street? That will make a better statement.
Ass.

--
Mr_Kingkillaha

Old October 7th 04, 10:51 AM
Stephen Baker

Sorni says:

Bill "don't make me go grammatical on yo' ass" S.

Just seeing if you were awake. ;-)
I knew the Mental Midget wouldn't notice or care.

Steve