A Lesson from Florida: It's Time for Regime Change!

Old October 7th 04, 04:39 PM
Bill Sornson

Stephen Baker wrote:
Sorni says:

Bill "don't make me go grammatical on yo' ass" S.

Just seeing if you were awake. ;-)
I knew the Mental Midget wouldn't notice or care.

Ah, but I did.

{pause}

DOH!

Bill "tack-like" S.

Old October 12th 04, 04:26 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:27:27 GMT, Gary S. Idontwantspam@net wrote:

..On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 13:21:19 GMT, Mike Vandeman
..wrote:
..
..On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 06:53:16 GMT, Scott Burley wrote:
..
...By that logic, we have monoplized the moon, since we have the ability to
...go there.
..
..Yes, we have.
..
..Exactly what wildlife are you speaking for, that lives on the Moon?

Any that are there or would like to be there.

..Happy trails,
..Gary (net.yogi.bear)
..------------------------------------------------
..at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence
..
..Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
..Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old October 15th 04, 05:06 AM
Mr_Kingkillaha

.Not at all irrelevant. If you live on 100 acres and set aside 50
.acres you have done something impressive. If you live on a typical
.American lot of 60' by 120' and you set aside the back yard as off
.limits to humans, you have done little except **** off the

neighbors
.for not mowing.

12% of my property.

Twelve percent of what? Ten thousand square feet? Ten acres?

[/color]

. . .How much Mike? How many square feet?
. About 400.

.I finally found it on your web site 20 by 20 feet. What a joke.

But that's the ONLY 400 square feet in the world that is off-limits to
all
humans. That's why it's significant.

. How far away do you keep people in
. . .order for it to qualify as off limits to people?
.
. As long as they don't go there.

12% of about 3200 squre feet.
Even a well used mountain bike trail gives animals more human free
space than that.

--
Mr_Kingkillaha

Old October 21st 04, 10:10 PM
Mr_Kingkillaha

.Twelve percent of what? Ten thousand square feet? Ten acres?

Irrelevant.

Refer to my previous statement. What harm would it do to answer the
question with an honest answer?

It would do plenty of harm to his arguments. It is seriously 20' X
20'. Taken from his own website. It is actually too small to be
considered human free.
If I ride my bike in the mountains, and always keep a distance of more
than 20' from any animal, Mike would not think that is good enough.
Therefore his own "human free" area is irrelevant, from the viewpoint
of the wildlife.

--
Mr_Kingkillaha

Old October 22nd 04, 07:08 PM
Dick Durbin

Mr_Kingkillaha wrote in message ...
.Twelve percent of what? Ten thousand square feet? Ten acres?

Irrelevant.

Refer to my previous statement. What harm would it do to answer the
question with an honest answer?

It would do plenty of harm to his arguments. It is seriously 20' X
20'. Taken from his own website. It is actually too small to be
considered human free.
If I ride my bike in the mountains, and always keep a distance of more
than 20' from any animal, Mike would not think that is good enough.
Therefore his own "human free" area is irrelevant, from the viewpoint
of the wildlife.

You just saved me the trouble of making that point to him. Thanks.
Old October 23rd 04, 08:50 AM
Mr_Kingkillaha

QUOTE=Mike VandemanOn 22 Oct 2004 11:08:54 -0700, (Dick
Durbin) wrote:
..Mr_Kingkillaha
wrote in message
.. .Twelve percent of what? Ten thousand square feet? Ten acres?
.. Irrelevant.
.. Refer to my previous statement. What harm would it do to answer
the
.. question with an honest answer?
.. It would do plenty of harm to his arguments. It is seriously 20'
.. 20'. Taken from his own website. It is actually too small to be
.. considered human free.
..Says who? In the rest of the world, there isn't one square inch
off-limits to
..all humans. You are confusing "human-free" with "off-limits to all
humans". ..The former is only temporarily human-free. The latter is
human-free by ..agreement and law.

No, I have not confused anything except you. The purpose of "off
limits to humans" is to acheive a state of "human free".
Yes, that area is off-limits to humans. But any wildlife in that area,
being 20' away from a human, isn't going to feel safer than standing 30'
from a mountain bike trail. Your yard is not "human-free", therefore it
is no better than my yard, which is not "off-limits to humans".
You can say how it is the only one, and it is significant, but do the
animals really give a **** how you feel? Are there more animals in your
yard than your neighbors?

.... If I ride my bike in the mountains, and always keep a distance of
more
.... than 20' from any animal, Mike would not think that is good
enough.
....Because there's nothing to prevent you from going off-trail.

I know it is hard for you to believe, but some people ARE decent.

.... Therefore his own "human free" area is irrelevant, from the
viewpoint
.... of the wildlife.
....Not for the wildlife that live there. They have something no other
wildlife in
....the world have: guaranteed safety.

"Guaranteed safety"?! A child can chuck a rock more than 20' feet,
right into a squirrels head. With an area that small, no wildlife will
ever realize that it IS human-free.
I do think that there should be SOME human free areas (obviously bigger
ones). You would do good to accomplish that. However, I do not think
ALL areas of wilderness should be human-free. You may have never
"said" that they should, but that is how you come across, and that is
why people become hostile with you.

....You just saved me the trouble of making that point to him.
Thanks.

Sorry I did not mean to steal your argument, but he was never going to
answer your question, even after someone else and I have posted it
before. Just remember: We are all on the same team, thats how Mikey
wants it.

====
eye iz workin an creaytin wildlif habidat dat iz of-limits ta
hoomans ("per habidat"). Wan ta hellp? (eye spen tha preveus 8
yeers fiting ato dipindince an rowd cunstrukshon.)

--
Mr_Kingkillaha

Old November 1st 04, 07:06 AM
Mr_Kingkillaha

QUOTE=Mike Vandeman

..Then what's the point? "Keep Out" is only as good as the 49 cent
plastic
..sign it's written on.

Yes, for scofflaws like you and other hikers.
===
I am working on creating turds that are safe for human consumption
("pure ****s"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years eating
poop, then spewing it out of my mouth.)

Old November 3rd 04, 08:13 AM
Mr_Kingkillaha

. . You missed the point, as usual. The point is to make it
off-limits . to . humans, not to make it IMPOSSIBLE for humans to

go
there. The . latter . is impossible.
. .Then what's the point? "Keep Out" is only as good as the 49 cent
. plastic .sign it's written on.
. Yes, for scofflaws like you and other mountain bikers.
.Oh, I see. So, um... supposing I am a "scofflaw", what's to prevent
me .from ripping down your sign and trampling your weed patch?
The law. Something you obviously have no respect for.
[/color]

So suppose I have no respect for the law. What's to prevent me from
ripping down the sign and trampling your weed patch? You STILL haven't
answered the question.

It is obvious. Vandeman is a level 7 wizard, DUH!

--
Mr_Kingkillaha