Backpack works great on a bicycle rack.

Old November 10th 11, 01:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Anthony Olszewski

Default Backpack works great on a bicycle rack.

Backpack works great on a bicycle rack.

http://nymetroworkout.com/news/2011/...-bicycle-rack/
Old November 10th 11, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:02:34 +0000, Phil W Lee
wrote:

Anthony Olszewski considered 10 Nov 2011
12:04:51 GMT the perfect time to write:

Backpack works great on a bicycle rack.

http://nymetroworkout.com/news/2011/...-bicycle-rack/

Right up until the moment one of the straps comes loose and goes into
the back wheel.

If you need dual purpose luggage, it is available and is designed not
to suffer from that problem.

Around 13 years ago I started bike commuting, strapped my backpack to
the rack with bungie cords, and one of the cords did exactly as you
said. Use the right tool for the job.
Old November 11th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_3_]

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:02:34 +0000, Phil W
wrote:

Anthony considered 10 Nov 2011
12:04:51 GMT the perfect time to write:

Backpack works great on a bicycle rack.

http://nymetroworkout.com/news/2011/...-bicycle-rack/

Right up until the moment one of the straps comes loose and goes into
the back wheel.

If you need dual purpose luggage, it is available and is designed not
to suffer from that problem.

Around 13 years ago I started bike commuting, strapped my backpack to
the rack with bungie cords, and one of the cords did exactly as you
said. Use the right tool for the job.

I duplicated that experience about six months after I began "adult"
cycling, back in 1973. With me, it was with a jacket strapped to the
rear rack. Fortunately I got a little warning noise before things went
really bad, and fortunately it was only the cheap rack that was damaged.

It's not impossible to do this safely. But it's easy to underestimate
the problems that come from things tangled in spokes. I have a friend
who recently flipped his multi-thousand dollar bike when the jacket he'd
tied around his handlebars was snagged by the spokes.

--
- Frank Krygowski