Broken Nimbus Freestyle Question

Old March 10th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jaco42

Default Broken Nimbus Freestyle Question

I recently stripped one of the cranks on my pretty new Nimbus X 20-inch
Freestyle Unicycle. I need new cranks and pedals and so to avoid this
happening again, what do you guys recomend. If I cant avoid it, just
let me know specificly what I need to buy to get my uni working again.
Thanks

--
jaco42
jaco42's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12849

Old March 10th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

http://tinyurl.com/lkkt4
Dotec's are the best but the Qu-Ax ones look good too (not too much
Q-factor)

To keep it from happening again stay away from drops or get a splined
hub & cranks
http://tinyurl.com/7frxc

--
skilewis74

Old March 10th 07, 11:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

If they stripped during normal riding (i.e you weren't doing any drops
or anything) then it may well be that you had the uni assembled
backwards. This causes the pedal to come loose all the time, and loose
pedals can strip very easily. Cranks shouldn't just fail randomly, 99%
of the time when they do either the rider was doing drops that the uni
wasn't designed for, or they have the cranks on backwards. Check that
the letters R and L stamped in the crank correspond correctly to left
and right. If they don't, either turn your seat round (but make sure
the clamp is still arranged so the slot in the clamp aligns with the
slot in the frame) or take the wheel out of the frame, turn it around
and reinstall it.

The' Qu-Ax cranks'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=793) are nice, I would
reccomend them. You're also going to need a cranks extractor tool to
get your old cranks off, UDC sells a couple of different ones. Your
pedals might well be fine, usually the steel threads on them survive
and only the aluminium crank thread gets destroyed. You'll also need a
pedal spanner, 5mm allen key or 10mm spanner for bearing clamps, 8mm
allen key or 15 mm wrench for crank bolts.

--
kington99

Dave

Old March 11th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jaco42

What length should i get?

Old March 11th 07, 06:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

jaco42 wrote:
What length should i get?

This is a personal preference thing, to check the length of your cranks
there should be a number stamped on the inside of your crank, this is
your crank length in mm.

Longer cranks will allow you to get more power to the wheel while
shorter cranks will allow you to go faster and smother.

--
saskatchewanian

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who
is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
saskatchewanian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14180

Old March 11th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

I can put 110s on my coker now if i wanted, so you can imagine the speed
i'm getting. I also have 125s on my torkers.

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian destined to be different
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

nimbus frame question primus Unicycling 3 February 1st 07 10:48 PM
Nimbus II freestyle Lt twerpy Unicycling 3 October 9th 06 06:17 PM
Unicon freestyle question Lucas1wheel Unicycling 13 April 14th 06 10:01 AM
Nimbus question MERCYME Unicycling 2 July 5th 05 11:21 PM
Nimbus X 24" vs. Yuni Freestyle 24" Phuni Unicycling 2 December 1st 04 01:00 AM