Converting Nimbus to KH---Trials

Old December 4th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Default Converting Nimbus to KH---Trials

Hey guys,

I'm slowly trying to convert my Nimbus Trials 20" into a KH.

My Nimbus is completely stock, so, what should I start with.

Keep in mind I'm content with my qu-ax cranks at the moment, so getting
moments is not my first priority.

--
hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş

ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ
my sponsor'
SixSixOne' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
Old December 4th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Eeek, disappearing post! Basically, getting a KH now will be much
cheaper. Also, a BI kh is still a good choice.

--
Jeremy R

'_*BRING_ROUNDCROWNS_BACK!*_'
(http://unicycle.uk.com/Images/Shop/framecoloured1.jpg)
'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old December 4th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

Well the biggest difference is the frame. But other than that, there are
differences in the:

-Seat
-Seat post
-rim
-pedals

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everything else is
almost identical.

--
crazyjoe

*'uniproshop.com' (http://uniproshop.com)*
*'MySpace' (http://myspace.com/myspace_joespace)*
*'deviantART' (http://thecrazyjoe.deviantart.com/)*
Old December 4th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

hungry4uni;1143189 wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm slowly trying to convert my Nimbus Trials 20" into a KH.

My Nimbus is completely stock, so, what should I start with.

Keep in mind I'm content with my qu-ax cranks at the moment, so getting
moments is not my first priority.

Is your seat well? Did you broke your base?

Maybe you should start switching your saddle and buying a CF base...

If your seat is ok, I would change the frame... It's where you can save
more weight...

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

*Brazilian Unicycling Team*
Old December 4th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

Get a KH frame would be a good start

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)
Lesen - Denken - Posten
Old December 4th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Whoops.

Old December 4th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

the only thing that i see which could really use a change is the seat
and possssibly the frame. reinforce the seat, or get a cf, thats the
first thing i did to my KH, i ripped the seat apart as soon as i got it
and welded a plate to the seat stiffener... i would not shoot for KH
either, if you want to upgrade, the only KH products you don't already
have (in principle) or have the upgrade of is the frame and rim... i
would (and did) get the Koxx street rim.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"
Old December 4th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

Jeremy R;1143197 wrote:
nothing different about the seat.

TOO different! the shape is way better for street and trials... I'm a
small guy and my hands are small, so with a bigger seat is harder to
have control... Definetely the seat makes a LOT of difference!

Old December 4th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

Smilymarco;1143196 wrote:
Get a KH frame would be a good start

I second this. Expensive but its really light. You'll also need a new
seat post if you do that.

--
timekeeper
Old December 4th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

timekeeper;1143201 wrote:
I second this. Expensive but its really light. You'll also need a new
seat post if you do that.

Get a shim ... You'll save some money, and if you're riding CrMO
you'll not brake it so soon!