Backed up with repairs ?

Old June 10th 20, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default Backed up with repairs ?

I was at a local bike shop that was fixing to re-open.

His entire shop was filled with bikes awaiting repair.

Is that pretty common?

I was also told that the reason that it's hard to find bikes is because most are made in China.

The big picture is pretty clear: most of the bikes sold in the U.S. are made in China or Taiwan by a handful of manufacturers of which Giant is the largest.

Generally speaking, low to mid level bikes are made in China and mid to high level bikes are made in Taiwan.

Bikes are produced in other countries, but Asian factories probably produce 95% of the units sold in the United States.

Incidentally, the “big three” (Giant, Trek, and Specialized) account for almost 80% of all bikes sold in U.S. bike shops.

Andy
Old June 10th 20, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 6:42:28 PM UTC+2, Andy wrote:
I was at a local bike shop that was fixing to re-open.

His entire shop was filled with bikes awaiting repair.

Is that pretty common?

I was also told that the reason that it's hard to find bikes is because most are made in China.

The big picture is pretty clear: most of the bikes sold in the U.S. are made in China or Taiwan by a handful of manufacturers of which Giant is the largest.

Generally speaking, low to mid level bikes are made in China and mid to high level bikes are made in Taiwan.

Bikes are produced in other countries, but Asian factories probably produce 95% of the units sold in the United States.

Incidentally, the “big three” (Giant, Trek, and Specialized) account for almost 80% of all bikes sold in U.S. bike shops.

Andy

Yes that is what is happening her in the Netherlands too. See my response to Toms post.

Lou

Cycle repairs [email protected] UK 2 January 25th 19 09:50 AM
Puncture Repairs mill_mobile Unicycling 23 February 9th 08 04:06 PM
Posture repairs JusticeZero Unicycling 5 October 30th 06 03:51 AM
Shoe repairs AndyMorris UK 11 May 18th 06 11:32 AM
Backed by popular demand brockfisher05 Unicycling 9 February 21st 06 04:36 AM