Tour of Georgia Better Organized than P-R?

Old April 19th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Tour of Georgia Better Organized than P-R?

From cyclingnews' coverage of the ToG second stage:

"14:34 EDT 42km/144.9km to go
The riders will tackle what is listed as a difficult railroad crossing
up ahead. Last year a freight train actually had to stop to let the
race go past."

Sigh.

Jim

Old April 21st 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Dumbass -

You are corrrect.

Due to Newton's Second Law of Motion, trains, once they are started,
are impossible to stop.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Reminds me of a story from a few years back. One of my nieces was
asking me about track racing, and how you stopped the bikes since they
didn't have brakes. I told her you didn't stop.

My Mom chimes in, "well, dear, of course you do or else you'd still be
riding the damn thing".

Old April 21st 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Due to Newton's Second Law of Motion, trains, once they are started,
are impossible to stop.

Newton's 2nd law also applies to people posting to usenet.

--
Bill Asher
Old April 21st 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

William Asher wrote:
Newton's 2nd law also applies to people posting to usenet.

I'm not sure one can explain usenet behaviour using classical mechanics.
Something more random and irrational is required, similar perhaps to the
study of Brownian motion of blondes.

Old April 21st 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Due to Newton's Second Law of Motion, trains, once they are started,
are impossible to stop.

Like perpetual motion? Cool. But how do they unload the trains or
change crew?

Of course, a photo doesn't tell us if the train really stopped, but it
looks pretty big to me:

http://velonews.com/slideshow.php?article_id=9770&image_id=14446&dir=/images/dom/

Jim