Really Stupid Peloton

Old June 15th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Really Stupid Peloton

What would cause the peloton to let a group with Vino in it get 4 minutes on
them when tomorrow is a mountain stage?

Old June 15th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Jun 15, 9:45 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
What would cause the peloton to let a group with Vino in it get 4 minutes on
them when tomorrow is a mountain stage?

I was thinking the same thing; Maybe the lack of climbers like
Valverde, Kloden, etc. But then I thought that these cyclists are
using this race as an experiment for their conditioning, not really
interested in the overall standings. Just tweaking their form, and
playing games with the opposition.

Andre

Old June 15th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Jun 15, 7:45 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
What would cause the peloton to let a group with Vino in it get 4 minutes on
them when tomorrow is a mountain stage?

Maybe after yesterday's performance they didn't see him as that big a
threat for tomorrow (a mistake, I'd think) or maybe it was a function
of AG2R not being strong enough to do anything about it without the
other teams' help, which they weren't willing to provide.

Old June 15th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob in CT[_2_]

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:12:55 -0400, Scott
wrote:

On Jun 15, 7:45 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
What would cause the peloton to let a group with Vino in it get 4
minutes on
them when tomorrow is a mountain stage?

Maybe after yesterday's performance they didn't see him as that big a
threat for tomorrow (a mistake, I'd think) or maybe it was a function
of AG2R not being strong enough to do anything about it without the
other teams' help, which they weren't willing to provide.

Sounds remarkably similar to that Floyd guy and that other peloton, last
year.

--
Bob in CT
Old June 15th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Gregory

Bob in CT wrote:

Sounds remarkably similar to that Floyd guy and that other peloton, last
year.

Am I not the only one who has been finding the Astana performances a
little disturbing?
Old June 15th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Jun 15, 12:57 pm, Dan Gregory
wrote:
Bob in CT wrote:
Sounds remarkably similar to that Floyd guy and that other peloton, last
year.

Am I not the only one who has been finding the Astana performances a
little disturbing?

The Astana performances are starting to look like the old Discovery
performances.

Old June 15th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Dan Gregory wrote:
Bob in CT wrote:

Sounds remarkably similar to that Floyd guy and that other peloton,
last year.

Am I not the only one who has been finding the Astana performances a
little disturbing?

They certainly are riding with panache, aren't they?

But I'd never call it disturbing. I'd say disquieting.

Bob Schwartz
Old June 15th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/dauphine07itt.png

Old June 15th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

On Jun 15, 1:44 pm, wrote:
On Jun 15, 6:57 pm, Dan Gregory

wrote:
Am I not the only one who has been finding the Astana performances a
little disturbing?

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/dauphine07itt.png

Thanks for the graph. The gaps in the data are revealing. Everyone who
finished ahead of Millar is obviously blood doping at various levels,
with Vinokourov and Kashechkin packed to the gils. At the opposite
end, the Hushovd group has apparently been selling their blood
regularly, while Wielinga has been selling organs on eBay. The good
news is that 88% of the peloton is clean as a whistle.

Bret

Old June 15th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 15, 6:57 pm, Dan Gregory
wrote:

Am I not the only one who has been finding the Astana performances a
little disturbing?

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/dauphine07itt.png

Why don't you do that with the results from, say, a 1975 Tour de France?