Organized rides in lower MI & Eastern IN

Old June 25th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
eganders

Default Organized rides in lower MI & Eastern IN

I would like suggestions of good organized rides in Southern Michigan
and upper Eastern part of Indiana area. The rides should be in July,
August or September. I would like the rides to include at least 20
through 50 miles, have good participation and be a good value (well
organized, on uncrowded roads and decent food). I don't want to just
contribute to a ride that is organized for the sponser of a cause
only. What suggestions can you give?

Old June 25th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Kruger

eganders wrote:
I would like suggestions of good organized rides in Southern Michigan
and upper Eastern part of Indiana area. The rides should be in July,
August or September. I would like the rides to include at least 20
through 50 miles, have good participation and be a good value (well
organized, on uncrowded roads and decent food). I don't want to just
contribute to a ride that is organized for the sponser of a cause
only. What suggestions can you give?

Amishland http://www.mbabike.com/ is a popular ride among my friends,
although I haven't personally been on it.

Old June 26th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

eganders,

Check out the Indiana Bicycle Catalog at

http://bicycleindiana.org/page.cfm?PageID=30

and Mike's Midwest Rides at

www.mikebentley.com/bike/mwrides.htm

Ron

Old June 27th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Veloise

eganders wrote:
I would like suggestions of good organized rides in Southern Michigan
and upper Eastern part of Indiana area. The rides should be in July,
August or September. I would like the rides to include at least 20
through 50 miles, have good participation and be a good value (well
organized, on uncrowded roads and decent food). I don't want to just
contribute to a ride that is organized for the sponser of a cause
only. What suggestions can you give?

Mike:
Amishlandhttp://www.mbabike.com/is a popular ride among my friends,
although I haven't personally been on it.

Hey! That was going to be my suggestion!!
ACC is a mega-ride. Nice roads (dunno about uncrowded).
Jackson's wenie roast event was delightful the one year I went.
Try the LMB calendar for more ideas. lmb.org

HTH

--Karen D.

Organized Tours - Europe, US, Canada jalex Rides 3 November 3rd 06 09:09 PM
Eastern Washington Rides Claire Rides 4 May 16th 06 03:28 PM
Tour of Georgia Better Organized than P-R? [email protected] Racing 9 April 21st 06 08:57 PM
FA: Campagnolo Pista Wheelset -- Lower Reserve, Lower Buy-it-Now [email protected] Marketplace 0 September 7th 05 12:45 PM
Let's get some organized rides going! hvatum Rides 1 June 8th 04 06:32 AM