Thinking of buying a Vigorelli

Old July 21st 03, 06:22 PM
jvalenza

Default Thinking of buying a Vigorelli

I think I found a great deal on a 2003 Bianchi Vigorelli. The guy said
he give the bike to me for $1500 (full Ultegra + Carbon fiber fork), and
give me a pair of $110 shoes (Specialized) for free. In addition, he
said I could have everthing else (helmet, computer, gloves, shorts,
etc.) for half off.

Sounds good right? I wanted to hear some more informed opinions before I
buy the bike.

My one concern is I read some reviews expressing disappointment, with
how easily the paint chips on the Vigorelli frame (Reynolds 631 steel).
In addition, the one I'm looking at had some minor chipping around the
seat post and on the rear triangle.

anyone have any suggestions/warnings?

Old July 21st 03, 07:00 PM
rorschandt

jvalenza wrote in
:

I think I found a great deal on a 2003 Bianchi Vigorelli. The guy said
he give the bike to me for $1500 (full Ultegra + Carbon fiber fork), and
give me a pair of $110 shoes (Specialized) for free. In addition, he
said I could have everthing else (helmet, computer, gloves, shorts,
etc.) for half off.

Sounds good right? I wanted to hear some more informed opinions before I
buy the bike.

My one concern is I read some reviews expressing disappointment, with
how easily the paint chips on the Vigorelli frame (Reynolds 631 steel).
In addition, the one I'm looking at had some minor chipping around the
seat post and on the rear triangle.

anyone have any suggestions/warnings?

Yes. The seat on the Vigorelli is positioned in such a way that a 20 mile
ride may feel like being kicked in the crotch repeatedly. Also, the
handlebar position may cause or irritate the following:

*Carpal tunnel problems
*numb hands
*stiff/sore neck/headache
*erosion or irritation of spinal discs in the neck
*in a head-on collision, you are very likely to launch over the handlebar,
catapaulting yourself into obstructions slamming head into said
obstructions

But hey, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. (~:

rorschandt

Old July 21st 03, 07:24 PM
Cletus Lee

In article ,
says...
jvalenza wrote in
:

[...]

Now, Be Kind. Note the posting source is 'cyclingforums.com'
--

Cletus D. Lee
Bacchetta Giro
Old July 21st 03, 07:24 PM