New car paint

Old August 31st 19, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default New car paint

Elderly pedestrians often have trouble seeing dark coloured cars so I propose all new cars be painted fluorescent pink.
There can be no objection to this because we have been reliably told the only reason for travelling by car is air conditioned comfort.
Old August 31st 19, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_8_]

On 31/08/2019 17:02, Simon Jester wrote:

Elderly pedestrians often have trouble seeing dark coloured cars so I propose all new cars be painted fluorescent pink.
There can be no objection to this because we have been reliably told the only reason for travelling by car is air conditioned comfort.

As long as this 'bright Pink' does not show the dirt like the black car
I have now, I have no problem with this (don't want to look like a slob).
At 56 and very secure in my sexuality have no problem with pink as a
colour. However that light blue that invalid cars used to be (the
three wheeler ones with just room for the driver) is a colour that I do
not like.

http://www.virtualgaz.com/updateoct0...IC%20front.JPG

Oh the air conditioned comfort and the fact that i can't get my son on a
bike (special needs learning difficulties all that) and the fact that I
can get to the three local (Well not really local more nearest) general
hospitals in about a third of the time (well St Johns in Livingston it's
more like a quarter of the time 27 mins as opposed to 1hour 47 mins
oh and the fact that I can just chuck stuff in the back and transport it
(yes I probably could get most of the stuff on the bike or on a trailer
but at 56 with diabetes I am not fit enough to do that) oh and the fact
that...

There are a lot of situations where a bike should be used but there
are still a lot were a car is needed. For instance I wouldn't drive
into Edinburgh (Edinburgh HATES cars) and I wouldn't ride a bike to the
Hospital to visit my wife .
Old August 31st 19, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 9:06:01 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
[...]

Wow, I think you actually took my troll seriously.
Sad day for you.
Old August 31st 19, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 31/08/2019 21:06, soup wrote:

Â*Â* There are a lot of situations where a bike should be used but there
are still a lot were a car is needed.Â* For instance I wouldn't drive
into Edinburgh (Edinburgh HATES cars) and I wouldn't ride a bike to the
Hospital to visit my wife .

exactly right. No form of transport is right for every situation,
location, purpose or person.
Old September 1st 19, 05:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Elderly pedestrians often have trouble seeing dark coloured cars so I propose all new cars be painted fluorescent pink.
There can be no objection to this because we have been reliably told the only reason for travelling by car is air conditioned comfort.

A recent NASA study of roofs showed that hot pink reflected more heat than any color except white.

A couple of tri athletes are using hot pink swim caps. Wear a black swim cap to the local pool and you'll spend a lot of time cooling the noggin off under 35 C water.

My own swim cap is a nondescript white and something.

Bret Cahill

Old September 1st 19, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_8_]

On 31/08/2019 22:51, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

You mean you weren't serious ?
Then why bother?
Do you get some sort of thrill just typing in rubbish
and 'flinging' it into the ether?

Deliberately trolling as opposed to making ridiculous statements.

For intelligent (FSVO) trolling see 'Commander Kinsey' or 'Wilkinson
sword' or whatever he calls himself these days.

Old September 2nd 19, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 10:12:59 AM UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 31/08/2019 22:51, Simon Jester wrote:

Wow, I think you actually took my troll seriously.
Sad day for you.

You mean you weren't serious ?

Of course not, it's a stupid idea.
Witnesses remember make, colour and reg year.

Then why bother?

It's fun.

Old September 3rd 19, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_8_]

On 02/09/2019 11:52, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 10:12:59 AM UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 31/08/2019 22:51, Simon Jester wrote:

Wow, I think you actually took my troll seriously.
Sad day for you.

You mean you weren't serious ?

Of course not, it's a stupid idea.

So definitely trolling then and not just hyperbole [1] ?

Witnesses remember make, colour and reg year.

Eye witnesses have time and time again shown that their testimonies
can't be trusted

Then why bother?

It's fun.

You think THAT'S fun, thought I was the sad one.

[1] I use hyperbole to mean exaggeration that is patently impossible:-

Saying 10s of 1,000s at the march when there were only 1000sExageration
Everyman and his dog were there ----------------------------- Hyperbole

Old September 3rd 19, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 7:21:55 AM UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 02/09/2019 11:52, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 10:12:59 AM UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 31/08/2019 22:51, Simon Jester wrote:

Wow, I think you actually took my troll seriously.
Sad day for you.

You mean you weren't serious ?

Of course not, it's a stupid idea.

So definitely trolling then and not just hyperbole [1] ?

Yep.

Witnesses remember make, colour and reg year.

Eye witnesses have time and time again shown that their testimonies
can't be trusted

Can you provide evidence from the peer reviewed literature to support this claim?

Then why bother?

It's fun.

You think THAT'S fun, thought I was the sad one.

I'm not the one taking this group seriously.