sights and biking routes for Belgium and Netherlands

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 14th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc

Default sights and biking routes for Belgium and Netherlands

Hi everyone,

For our 10 year anniversary, my husband and I are biking across Europe
beginning in the Netherlands, going through Belgium and ending in
France. I have found a lot of information for all the attractions in
Paris, but neither of us is very familiar with the other two countries -
we did buy a Lonely Planet, but really do not wish to carry it with us.
Given the route we have in mind so far (which is still pretty flexible),
what things should we not pass up a chance to see along the way? Also,
we will be leaving the two kids at my mother's for the trip and of
course I want a way to reach them, preferably cheaply. I have heard you
need a GSM-capable phone in order to make calls. This sounds
complicated. Am I better off using phone cards?

Aileen