Are Christians the most Apathetic people in the world?

Old November 25th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Baka

Default Are Christians the most Apathetic people in the world?

Ron Wallenfang wrote:
On Nov 23, 8:43 pm, Bill Baka wrote:
Ron Wallenfang wrote:
On Nov 23, 1:39 pm, "His Highness Comandante Banana, King of the Apes
I & Chief of Quixotic Enterprises"
wrote:
In my long years of campaigning for a realistic and humanistic change,
the excuse I heard the most often is: ONLY GOD CAN CHANGE THINGS!
So I've come to the conclusion that Christians will never be part of
the solution. They are waiting for God to fix up things while they
think nothing but sin and damnation......., NO TO
ABORTION, ............., while they turn a blind eye to the CLEAR AND PRESENT
DANGERS faced by humanity, ie. WAR AND CLIMATE CHANGE.
Actually those of us in the right to life movement are more pilloried
for NOT waiting passively for God to change that situation, but rather
to try our best to assist in doing God's work. But be of good cheer.
I ride my bicycle to and from the abortion clinic outside of which I
pray and offer pro-life encouragement.

I am pro-choice since being born against a mother's will makes for a bad
life. How about pro-good life? Why force an unwanted birth? Only a total
fool would want that.

Fool or not?

Bill Baka- Hide quoted text -

Here's my "foolish" response:

Living an unhappy life is not a capital offense, still less the bare
possibility that a developing child might be unhappy.

Further regarding "an unwanted birth", moods change over time. That
works in both directions, as wanted children sometimes become unwanted
over time. Maybe bike riding will improve their dispositions.

And of course there's the adoption option.

Counter-point......
Where do we start stacking the people?
Some cities are getting so huge it is impossible to have lunch with a
friend due to travel time for just a few miles. It has happened to me in
Silicon Valley, drive 25 minutes, meet a friend for about 15 minutes,
then drive 25 minutes back to work.
You have to realize that enough people is enough.
Bill Baka