Vandeman helps British Columbia business

Old November 2nd 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

Default Vandeman helps British Columbia business

On Oct 28, 6:51*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"y_p_w" wrote in message

On Oct 28, 12:04 pm, Bill Weir wrote:

Mark your calendar.
"Lynn Valley B&B encounters the wrath of Vandeman"

http://www.bclocalnews.com/community/105357658.html

The following is referencing a letter Vandeman wrote to a little known

bed & breakfast owner decrying his marketing towards mountain bike
riders.

**quote**

For a laugh, Knowles decided to forward the letter to a couple friends
at local mountain bike shops, and posted it to the blog on his
business website. On Oct. 3, the day before Vandeman s letter
arrived, the Lynn Valley Bed and Breakfast website had four visits. On
Oct. 4, they had 552 hits. And on Oct. 5, 675. In total, their website
has received 3,300 hits from 54 countries.

He hasn t done his cause any good or bad, but he s done my cause a

lot of good, said Knowles.

I offered him free accommodation as a thank you. I doubt he ll take

me up on it but the offer stands.
**unquote**

A bed and breakfast that caters to mountain bikers is beneath contempt. It
is difficult to say what the ultimate good or bad is of a message that is
communicated to 3,300 souls, even if most of them are slobs. Mr. Vandeman
has accomplished exactly what he wished to accomplish, which is to get his
message as widely disseminated as possible. Many mountain bikers have no
idea how the rest of the world regards them. Now they do.

You mean how the criminal Vandeman and you regard mountain bikers.
Dissemination of a message and concurrence with a message are not one
and the same, and to think otherwise is to think like ... well, the
irrational and illogical twins ... Mike and Ed.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 3rd 10, 03:33 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Oct 28, 6:51 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
A bed and breakfast that caters to mountain bikers is beneath contempt. It
is difficult to say what the ultimate good or bad is of a message that is
communicated to 3,300 souls, even if most of them are slobs. Mr. Vandeman
has accomplished exactly what he wished to accomplish, which is to get his
message as widely disseminated as possible. Many mountain bikers have no
idea how the rest of the world regards them. Now they do.

You mean how the criminal Vandeman and you regard mountain bikers.

Dissemination of a message and concurrence with a message are not one
and the same, and to think otherwise is to think like ... well, the
irrational and illogical twins ... Mike and Ed.

Mr. Vandeman knows just as I do that repetition is the basis of all
learning. Knowledge has to be pounded into dunderheads. There is no other
way.

Old November 3rd 10, 01:23 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

On Nov 2, 10:33*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

The first thing they'll teach in any public speaking course is that
you should "Tell 'em what you're gonna tell 'em, then tell 'em, and
then tell 'em what you told 'em." Unfortunately, Ed and Mike think
that's all there is to making one's point, with no substantiation
required. Both expect,even demand, that readers to accept what they
say merely because they are the ones saying it. Making an assertion,
failing to justify it, and then stating it again and again proves
nothing and impresses no one. Argumentum ad nauseam (argument to the
point of disgust; i.e., by repetition) is a logical fallacy of trying
to prove something by saying it again and again. Both Ed and Mike
employ this failed technique in many of their posts. No matter how
many times either repeats something, it does not and will not become
any more true than it was with the first utterance. This is an
elementary concept that neither Ed nor Mike have learned to recognize
and/or accept. Before attempting to enlighten others, both are in
need of their own enlightenment. Neither Ed No Mike have learned that
to be heard one must first learn to listen. The conundrum continues!

Old November 4th 10, 07:49 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

Both Mr. Vandeman and I will say what needs to be said, but we will not
waste much time and effort on idiots. Most facts are self-evident, unless
you are an idiot of course. Idiots should only talk to other idiots. It is
why I recommend that you engage TM. You are out of your class with one so
GREAT as MYSELF!

Old November 4th 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

On Nov 4, 2:49*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

need of their own enlightenment. *Neither Ed nor Mike have learned that
to be heard one must first learn to listen. *The conundrum continues!

Both Mr. Vandeman and I will say what needs to be said,

AND few will listen and most will take issue whether they respond or
not.

but we will not waste much time and effort on idiots.

You claim TM is an idiot and no matter what you say to the contrary
have devoted lots of time and effort to him.

Most facts

FACTS ... from the guy who abhors facts and is all about opinion?

are self-evident, unless
you are an idiot of course. Idiots should only talk to other idiots. It is
why I recommend that you engage TM. You are out of your class with one so
GREAT as MYSELF!

I said it before, but since you keep repeating your recommendation, I
will again repeat that I have no interest to engage TM. I will allow
you to fruitlessly struggle and embarrass yourself. You are in a
class all your own alright, one into whose depths I hope never to
descend.

Old November 4th 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 4, 2:49 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
but we will not waste much time and effort on idiots.

You claim TM is an idiot and no matter what you say to the contrary

have devoted lots of time and effort to him.

Copy and paste ...

Most facts

FACTS ... from the guy who abhors facts and is all about opinion?

Facts are contemptible - the last refuge of scoundrels and cowards. I give
you Tom Sherman as an example of the species.

are self-evident, unless
you are an idiot of course. Idiots should only talk to other idiots. It is
why I recommend that you engage TM. You are out of your class with one so
GREAT as MYSELF!

I said it before, but since you keep repeating your recommendation, I

will again repeat that I have no interest to engage TM. I will allow
you to fruitlessly struggle and embarrass yourself. You are in a
class all your own alright, one into whose depths I hope never to
descend.

You are already lower than TM since he is not a stalker like you.

Old November 5th 10, 01:57 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
JimmyMac

On Nov 4, 5:15*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

AND you who are a troll as well!