SafeTurn on YouTube (automatic indicators)

Old April 21st 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling

Default SafeTurn on YouTube (automatic indicators)

Hi,
Please check this, may be useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTchSP4MbA
Suitable for "normal" bikes and recumbents.
Cheers,
Roger

Old April 21st 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

wrote:

Please check this, may be useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTchSP4MbA
Suitable for "normal" bikes and recumbents.

Even more useful would be a device that read the mind of BMW drivers
and turned on the indicators :-)
Old April 21st 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Scandrett

wrote on 21/04/2007 13:49:
Hi,
Please check this, may be useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTchSP4MbA

I seem to recall having seen something similar to this when I was
younger, and (for some reason) I think I saw it in ToysRUs. Odd how your
brain remembers these things.

IIRC I was interested in working out how it worked, being the geek that
I was/am...!

Regards

Peter

--
http://www.scandrett.net/lx/
http://www.scandrett.net/bike/
Old April 21st 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Phil Cook wrote on 21/04/2007 14:24 +0100:
wrote:

Please check this, may be useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTchSP4MbA
Suitable for "normal" bikes and recumbents.

Even more useful would be a device that read the mind of BMW drivers
and turned on the indicators :-)

Even more useful would be a device that installed a mind in a BMW driver ;-)

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old April 21st 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Colin Murphy

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:49:21 -0700, rogerhassle4 wrote:

Please check this, may be useful:

Andy Pipkin voice "I don't like it." /Andy Pipkin voice

Seems to encourage people to not look behind them when manoeuvring.

--
The email address, should you need it, does not need the NOT.
Old April 22nd 07, 12:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article . com,
says...
Hi,
Please check this, may be useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTchSP4MbA
Suitable for "normal" bikes and recumbents.

Something like that was available about 20 years ago (but with an
incandescent light source, not LEDs). Hardly anyone was interested in
it - I don't think we ever sold more than the one sample that we got in.
Old April 22nd 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling
Niall Wallace

"Phil Cook" wrote in message

Please check this, may be useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTchSP4MbA
Suitable for "normal" bikes and recumbents.

Even more useful would be a device that read the mind of BMW drivers
and turned on the indicators :-)

I'm sure I was watching a journo on the telly, oh wait it was clarkson...

Road testing a Beemer and by his demonstration of the indicator stalk on a
BMW suggests that BMW know they never get used so make them absolutely
useless.

Niall

Old April 23rd 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

On Apr 21, 8:24 am, Phil Cook wrote:
wrote:
Please check this, may be useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTchSP4MbA
Suitable for "normal" bikes and recumbents.

Even more useful would be a device that read the mind of BMW drivers
and turned on the indicators :-)

On the other side of the pond, Corvettes lack turn signals.

Old April 23rd 07, 08:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote on 23/04/2007 05:40 +0100:

On the other side of the pond, Corvettes lack turn signals.

That's because they are only designed to be driven in straight lines. ;-)

Incidentally according to Google the OP has posted one post each to many
cycling groups over the past 48hrs recommending these items with no
other posting history. Either he is an extremely enthusiastic customer
or guess what.... And we all know what we think of guess whats and
their products ;-)