Wheel Truing Tutorial

Old February 28th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
BicycleTutor

Default Wheel Truing Tutorial

I hope the group finds this week's wheel truing tutorial useful. I
tried to cover all the aspects of truing without running overtime. I'd
love to hear what you think...

http://bicycletutor.com/wheel-truing/
Old February 29th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
datakoll

yeah...coming here asking RBT for comment is off course useless and
demeaning but aside from that.

GARGLE FIRST. get some air in your lungs. breathe deep. rising falling
rising falling

does the Tutorial teach wheel truing. Not really. You speak, move your
hands, saying turn the nipples on the right to bring rim right, turn 4
(six six six but less with incerasing torque...)

I live in an asylum. Occasionally bringing the bike out onto the
"common area" for a rolling wheel true before heading out to DO
SOMETHING.

Other asylumites comment: "how does he do that, the bike shop...."
"He's done that for years..."

Ever try telling a rider, not a serious rider off course, the rear
wheel is out an inch, the tire is wearing away...then tutorial turn
tight right, loosen left, the rim goes, bend straightens?

whaddya get? a glassy look. synaptic seizure. like when I say ERD
ERD...

Without a graphic following a "survival in the artic" monologue,
graphic showing turns and rim movement singularly and symphonically,
in brilliant color. A graphic pierceing the synaptic seizure, you wind
up saying: this is a cat, this is a dog, and this is my mommy.
"That's" whose listening and "that's" what you're telling "them." A
reciprocal relationship.

As it is, a "survival" op, best to simplify the message and forget the
trimmings unless trimmings are meant to impress the Campy/carbon/
glacier crowd of materialist excess. oooooo lookit the shiny wheel?

Yeah, simply and explain turn right go right.... but there again a
graphic upside and downside.

INVEST IN THE SOFTWARE!

excuse me I'm gonna throw up....
Old February 29th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
datakoll

HI KIDS!
I'M AUTO DISSMARK (COSTUME-looks like?) AND I'M GONNA SHOW YOU HOW A
BICYCLE WHEEL IS STRAIGHTENED
First we need a bent bicycle wheel. KNOCKOUT REDHEAD BRINGS IN WHEEL.
Auto holdsup straight wheel and bends it into a pretzel. Short 15
second video of crazy kid jumping his bike, trashing the wheel. Kid
wipes his face out on chip and tar.
Auto, off course, has a room filled with wheels pre-tuned for each
segment of this disaster

Auto pulls out a 3' monkey wrench, walks over to a bent rim section 2'
wide with proportional spokes and...
graphics arrows move directionally as Auto torques, with handle
direction graphics...
followed by a cartoon of same (gotta repeat)

and I'll leave it to yawl to finish...
Old February 29th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
datakoll

porque

a must read:

http://books.google.com/books?id=D9c...ummary_s&cad=0
Old February 29th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
datakoll

Default Wheel Trung Tutorial

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...HICS&x=17&y=18
Old February 29th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
Ron George

On Feb 28, 2:04 pm, BicycleTutor wrote:
I hope the group finds this week's wheel truing tutorial useful. I
tried to cover all the aspects of truing without running overtime. I'd
love to hear what you think...

http://bicycletutor.com/wheel-truing/

I was aware of your website and threw a link in my blog. Great work,
keep it up.

Ron
http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com

Wheel Truing Tutorial BicycleTutor General 33 March 1st 08 05:30 PM
Wheel Walk Tutorial request banjo_gun_snake_wheels Unicycling 10 August 1st 07 12:00 PM
Truing a wheel Josey UK 2 December 11th 06 07:41 PM
truing a wheel uni4life_13 Unicycling 11 November 23rd 06 07:10 AM
Wheel truing Pete Biggs UK 3 September 20th 03 03:44 PM