A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Recumbent Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

OFF TOPIC FUN - The TROLL, Rear-ended



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 23rd 08, 05:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
32GO
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 78
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The TROLL, Rear-ended

Hey guys -

The recent 'Oh Well...' thread was begun by a poster
[purportedly named Harry Brogan] who stated:

I will not tolerate the constant trashing by [the TROLL's
most common signature] if that IS his real name... I have
tired of this and will find my information on other areas
of the web...


Of course many of us, from time to time, review our options
for dealing with the rancorously ranting, repetitiously
raving, rarely rational rodent I rudely refer to as
ARBR's TROLL. Ignore it? Snipe at it? Or - like Harry -
just leave the group altogether?

I find it a little ironic that, most likely, the real
primary beneficiary of the TROLL driving away user after
user from this recumbent newsgroup is the net's dominant
moderated forum. It's easy for believe that the TROLL is
stupid enough not to figure that out, but not quite so easy
to think that's its true intent.

I've pretty much ignored the nattering nuisance for a few
months now, and I guess it's time for me to take another
swipe at it, in the form of a new poem in the 'Here There
Be Trolls' section of our shop website:

http://www.32go.us/pow/htbt/rearend.htm

Again, I apologize in advance for the TROLL's unimaginative
barrage of regurgitated misstatements long since disproven
and refuted: fit, pass, is and shuck; blah, blah, blah...
For the most part, I and hopefully you, will just continue
to ignore it.

Regards,
Wayne
Ads
  #2  
Old March 23rd 08, 03:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
CowPunk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 320
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

On Mar 23, 7:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


Dear Ed,

The problem with your postings is that they are not the least bit
entertaining. They are long, boring diatribes that no one is
interested in or even cares to read. You haven't even achieved the
level of Troll. You are at the bottom of the newsgroup hierarchy. You
are a Spammer.

A more suitable title would be:
St. Ed the Greasy, Order of Perpetual Spammers - Messysota

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk
  #3  
Old March 23rd 08, 04:24 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Just A User
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 297
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

CowPunk wrote:
On Mar 23, 7:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


Dear Ed,

The problem with your postings is that they are not the least bit
entertaining. They are long, boring diatribes that no one is
interested in or even cares to read. You haven't even achieved the
level of Troll. You are at the bottom of the newsgroup hierarchy. You
are a Spammer.

A more suitable title would be:
St. Ed the Greasy, Order of Perpetual Spammers - Messysota

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk


I personally think even spammers are a higher life form.
  #4  
Old March 23rd 08, 04:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
CowPunk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 320
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

On Mar 23, 12:43 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"CowPunk" wrote in message

...

On Mar 23, 7:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


Dear Ed,


The problem with your postings is that they are not the least bit
entertaining. They are long, boring diatribes that no one is
interested in or even cares to read. You haven't even achieved the
level of Troll. You are at the bottom of the newsgroup hierarchy. You
are a Spammer.


Just because others call me a troll doesn't mean I am one. And a spammer?
You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

However, your envy of Ed Dolan the Great is understandable, even if
lamentable. The fact is that you would have to grow another brain to even
approach His Greatness.


Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


Yes, thank you for proving once again who is in charge by replying to
my post. You are entitled to disagree with me about being a SPAMMER,
but the facts, and your many OT post speak for themselves. I can only
attribute this to your complete lack of cycling knowledge. Why else
would you only talk about yourself in a cycling NG?

Pulling your strings,
CowPunk
  #5  
Old March 23rd 08, 08:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended


"CowPunk" wrote in message
...
On Mar 23, 12:43 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"CowPunk" wrote in message

...

On Mar 23, 7:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


Dear Ed,


The problem with your postings is that they are not the least bit
entertaining. They are long, boring diatribes that no one is
interested in or even cares to read. You haven't even achieved the
level of Troll. You are at the bottom of the newsgroup hierarchy. You
are a Spammer.


Just because others call me a troll doesn't mean I am one. And a spammer?
You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

However, your envy of Ed Dolan the Great is understandable, even if
lamentable. The fact is that you would have to grow another brain to even
approach His Greatness.


Yes, thank you for proving once again who is in charge by replying to
my post. You are entitled to disagree with me about being a SPAMMER,
but the facts, and your many OT post speak for themselves. I can only
attribute this to your complete lack of cycling knowledge. Why else
would you only talk about yourself in a cycling NG?


Your admiration for Ed Dolan the Great is embarrassing Him. I beg of you to
moderate your devotion to Him. Ed Dolan the Great is actually a very
sensitive and retiring person and He cannot take much adoration. But I am
advised that Ed Dolan the Great excuses your enthusiasm and attributes it
to your youth and inexperience. He says you need to control your emotions
lest they lead you down false paths.

For your penance, say 10 Our Fathers and 20 Hail Marys. Go my son and sin no
more.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #6  
Old March 24th 08, 01:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
CowPunk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 320
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

On Mar 23, 5:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"CowPunk" wrote in message

...
[...]

Yes, thank you for proving once again who is in charge by replying to
my post. You are entitled to disagree with me about being a SPAMMER,
but the facts, and your many OT post speak for themselves. I can only
attribute this to your complete lack of cycling knowledge. Why else
would you only talk about yourself in a cycling NG?


I never talk about myself except in relationship to others. Surely that is
fair. Read any of my posts and you will see there is loads of content that
can be responded to. Instead all I get is a lot of name calling.

Speaking of name calling, have you read my original post of recent date
entitled "Jym Dyer - Asshole Supreme"? There you will not see a word about
me. It is all about him.

I have been cycling probably from before you were born, unless you are at
least 30 years old. The fact is that there is only so much that can be said
about bicycles, which is why I prefer to be off-topic when the opportunity
presents itself. Instead of complaining about me, you should be grateful
that I am here to give the group some zest.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


Ahahaha, is that all you got little eddie? Never talk about
yourself. Why you just did. All at the hands of ME, your puppeteer.
You can't resist can you? It's like taking candy from a baby troll.

At least 30 years old? hahaha.... too funny.... for someone who
professes to know so much, you know so little.

And what a lame excuse to try and justify your SPAM....

please, excuse yourself now and leave the cycling NG's while you still
have some shred of dignity left.

Bye bye SPAM BOY!

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk
  #7  
Old March 24th 08, 04:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:53:35 -0700 (PDT), CowPunk
wrote:

On Mar 23, 7:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


Dear Ed,

The problem with your postings is that they are not the least bit
entertaining. They are long, boring diatribes that no one is
interested in or even cares to read. You haven't even achieved the
level of Troll. You are at the bottom of the newsgroup hierarchy. You
are a Spammer.

A more suitable title would be:
St. Ed the Greasy, Order of Perpetual Spammers - Messysota

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk


Your jealousy is understandable. Ed can write circles around a zero
like you. Heck, ANYONE can. Ed is a million times as entertaining as
you. No, actually, there is NO multiple of ZERO that will amount to
anything....
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
  #8  
Old March 24th 08, 04:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:40:40 -0700 (PDT), CowPunk
wrote:

On Mar 23, 5:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"CowPunk" wrote in message

...
[...]

Yes, thank you for proving once again who is in charge by replying to
my post. You are entitled to disagree with me about being a SPAMMER,
but the facts, and your many OT post speak for themselves. I can only
attribute this to your complete lack of cycling knowledge. Why else
would you only talk about yourself in a cycling NG?


I never talk about myself except in relationship to others. Surely that is
fair. Read any of my posts and you will see there is loads of content that
can be responded to. Instead all I get is a lot of name calling.

Speaking of name calling, have you read my original post of recent date
entitled "Jym Dyer - Asshole Supreme"? There you will not see a word about
me. It is all about him.

I have been cycling probably from before you were born, unless you are at
least 30 years old. The fact is that there is only so much that can be said
about bicycles, which is why I prefer to be off-topic when the opportunity
presents itself. Instead of complaining about me, you should be grateful
that I am here to give the group some zest.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


Ahahaha, is that all you got little eddie? Never talk about
yourself. Why you just did. All at the hands of ME, your puppeteer.
You can't resist can you? It's like taking candy from a baby troll.

At least 30 years old? hahaha.... too funny.... for someone who
professes to know so much, you know so little.

And what a lame excuse to try and justify your SPAM....

please, excuse yourself now and leave the cycling NG's while you still
have some shred of dignity left.

Bye bye SPAM BOY!

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk


Yawn. Come back when you have something worth saying.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
  #9  
Old March 24th 08, 11:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended


"CowPunk" wrote in message
...
On Mar 23, 5:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"CowPunk" wrote in message

...
[...]

Yes, thank you for proving once again who is in charge by replying to
my post. You are entitled to disagree with me about being a SPAMMER,
but the facts, and your many OT post speak for themselves. I can only
attribute this to your complete lack of cycling knowledge. Why else
would you only talk about yourself in a cycling NG?


I never talk about myself except in relationship to others. Surely that
is
fair. Read any of my posts and you will see there is loads of content
that
can be responded to. Instead all I get is a lot of name calling.

Speaking of name calling, have you read my original post of recent date
entitled "Jym Dyer - Asshole Supreme"? There you will not see a word
about
me. It is all about him.

I have been cycling probably from before you were born, unless you are at
least 30 years old. The fact is that there is only so much that can be
said
about bicycles, which is why I prefer to be off-topic when the
opportunity
presents itself. Instead of complaining about me, you should be grateful
that I am here to give the group some zest.


Ahahaha, is that all you got little eddie? Never talk about
yourself. Why you just did. All at the hands of ME, your puppeteer.
You can't resist can you? It's like taking candy from a baby troll.

At least 30 years old? hahaha.... too funny.... for someone who
professes to know so much, you know so little.

And what a lame excuse to try and justify your SPAM....

please, excuse yourself now and leave the cycling NG's while you still
have some shred of dignity left.

Bye bye SPAM BOY!

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk


I have better things to do with what remains of my life than to waste time
and energy responding to nincompoops. Ed Dolan the Great will only deign to
notice your miserable existence provided you post content that interests
him. If all you want to do is post the same old **** over and over, Ed Dolan
the Great will no longer be available to you. Assholes should only talk to
other assholes. My Greatness is not for the likes of you!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #10  
Old March 24th 08, 12:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
di
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 847
Default OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended


"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
...
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:53:35 -0700 (PDT), CowPunk
wrote:



Ed is a million times as entertaining as
you. No, actually, there is NO multiple of ZERO that will amount to
anything....


Most clowns are entertaining

--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear ended a car this morning. Martin Dann UK 23 August 20th 07 01:51 PM
DON'T FEED THE TROLL! - Off Topic 32GO Recumbent Biking 26 January 30th 07 07:49 PM
Fighting the Troll - My Method - Do Not Reply - OFF TOPIC Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 1 January 30th 07 06:35 PM
Sort of on topic/off topic: Rising toll of kids hurt on roads wafflycat UK 4 March 24th 06 05:28 PM
I got rear ended today...(Tom) Steve Ritchie UK 283 June 30th 04 12:26 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.