Vandeman helps British Columbia business

Old November 5th 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
SMS

Default Vandeman helps British Columbia business

On 28/10/10 1:01 PM, y_p_w wrote:
On Oct 28, 12:04 pm, Bill wrote:
Mark your calendar.

"Lynn Valley B&B encounters the wrath of Vandeman"
http://www.bclocalnews.com/community/105357658.html

The following is referencing a letter Vandeman wrote to a little known
bed& breakfast owner decrying his marketing towards mountain bike
riders.

**quote**
For a laugh, Knowles decided to forward the letter to a couple friends
at local mountain bike shops, and posted it to the blog on his
business’ website. On Oct. 3, the day before Vandeman’s letter
arrived, the Lynn Valley Bed and Breakfast website had four visits. On
Oct. 4, they had 552 hits. And on Oct. 5, 675. In total, their website
has received 3,300 hits from 54 countries.

“He hasn’t done his cause any good or bad, but he’s done my cause a
lot of good,” said Knowles.

“I offered him free accommodation as a thank you. I doubt he’ll take
me up on it but the offer stands.”
**unquote**

I sent the owner this image "http://i51.tinypic.com/x5ccjt.jpg" and he
got a big kick out of it.