A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Social Issues
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 30th 11, 09:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 4:59*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

...
On Aug 11, 7:46 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

It is an allusion to think that tyo can improve on what the doctor
prescribes. Before you know it, you will be consulting with witch doctors
and snake oil salesmen.
It is an illusion to think that a doctor knows all that there is to


know about everything. *One of my doctors has said that he has learned
much from his patients. *The point being made was that information is
there that you have not and are not wiling to avail yourself of
available information. *Anything that you can earn that can be applied
in a complimentary and holistic approach to healing is a good
thing.

You are embarked on wild goose chase which will do nothing to enhance your
long term prospects.
[...]


Your opinion has been noted for what it is ... fallacious. I will let
you in on a few things that if you weren't such a lazy ass, you'd be
able to learn for yourself. It is now generally accepted that 30-90%
of all cancer is diet related. There is a strong association of high
intake of Omega-6 fats and the occurrence of prostate cancer and the
degree of its aggressiveness. The fact is that nutrition plays a
major role in the sensitivity and likelihood of developing cancer.
The health of our DNA is nutrient dependent, as is our ability to
repair DNA damage. Cancer begins with mutated faulty genes. Free
radicals damage DNA, which when not repaired, is passed on through
replication. A shortage of antioxidants inhibit the DNA repair
process. Many cells have special cancer growth genes called
protooncogenes which if turned on from the unrepaired DNA causes
normal cells to be transformed into cancer cells that replicate
uncontrollably. What wakes up (read turns on) these genes and
precipitates cancer are viruses, chemicals, infections, radiation,
foreign bodies, and nutritional deficiencies, especially deficiency of
folate. Exposure to these causative factors result in the formation
of free radicals and chronic inflammation leading to cancer. Once
cancer cells are established they have an enormous appetite for
sugar,, iron and glutamate. A seaweed extract foo additive commonly
found in baked goods and ice cream, (CARRAGEENEN) promotes the
aggressive growth and spread of cancer by stimulating the COX-2
enzyme. I could go on and on here, but it should be obvious that I
know far more more about the biology of the disease than does Ed
Dolan, not that that in any way hinders him from running his mouth and
offering errant opinion stated as though fact.

Even if what you say is true, what good does it do me now after a lifetime
of eating dairy and red meat? Is the medical establishment now warning men
not to eat dairy and red meat? If so, I haven't seen or heard it.
In a word ... YES. *It is not what I say, but what medical researchers


and doctors now say. *As I have said all along, you haven't heard
because you haven't taken the time or made the effort required to hear
the message. *It is never too late to take some corrective measures to
improve one's health and well being.

Nope, I haven't heard or seen anything advising men not to eat dairy or red
meat. This would be headline news if it were true. In fact, it would be on a
par with the campaign against tobacco.


You haven't heard because you have chosen not to hear. The campaign
against tobacco also was repressed and got off to a slow start after
the evidence was in and the truth were known. Much of this has to do
with deep pocket lobbying interest since a lot of money is at stake.
Regardless, the information is there for those who care to educate
themselves, but you are not among those that choose to be
enlightened. No surprise there.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


Ads
  #2  
Old September 1st 11, 10:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 5:12 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
This is all hocus-pocus nonsense. The FDA is the expert on food safety,
not
crackpot "scientific researchers".


Says the crackpot know-it-all who expounds without hesitation about

subjects for which his knowledge is he is woefully deficient.

One distinct difference between Ed and myself is that I present what

Ed abhors ... FACTS, whereas Ed is admittedly all about opinion ...
namely, HIS. Not being in possession of the facts has never curtailed
Ed from running his mouth even when it is obvious to most that Ed
knows little or nothing of that about which he is speaking.

Your facts are not really facts, they are just another set of opinions
camouflaged as facts.

Ed Dolan has publicly gone on record to state that our food is safe

and the FDA ensures that it is. Ed's assertion is not supported by
the facts. As is customarily the case, Ed has chosen to run his mouth
without knowing what he's talking about. Ed, hasn't bothered to do the
research before spewing errant opinions as though they were facts.
Lets just take a cursory look at the safety of our food.

No, let's not! It is a waste of time and effort.

Only cranks concern themselves with food safety, unless you are being paid
to do it like the FDA.
[...]

The bottom line is that patients have been callously abandoned to die,

denied access to progress by their own FDA at a time when they needed
it most, when their life was on the line. AND ... this is the very
same FDA that Ed Dolan reveres!!! Then again, most of us have come to
learn that head swollen Ed Dolan will never be accused of being
athinking, rational man.

The bottom line is that people become diseased and die every day from cancer
and other conditions as a result of having lived. Anyone who makes it to age
70 or so has been doing an awful lot of things right. If everyone were dying
of diseased conditions in their 30's and 40's, then I would consider looking
into what might be causing it, but that is clearly not the case.

I have never seen anyone in their 80's who was not frail. That is due to a
biological clock which is ticking away in all of us from the moment of our
birth. Diet only effects our health on the margins. The FACT is that our
food in the US is by and large safe. If it weren't, no one would make it to
age 70 or above.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota



  #3  
Old September 2nd 11, 03:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 1, 4:56*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
On Aug 12, 5:12 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

This is all hocus-pocus nonsense. The FDA is the expert on food safety,
not
crackpot "scientific researchers".
Says the crackpot know-it-all who expounds without hesitation about


subjects for which his knowledge is he is woefully deficient.

One distinct difference between Ed and myself is that I present what


Ed abhors ... FACTS, whereas Ed is admittedly all about opinion ...
namely, HIS. Not being in possession of the facts has never curtailed
Ed from running his mouth even when it is obvious to most that Ed
knows little or nothing of that about which he is speaking.

Your facts are not really facts, they are just another set of opinions
camouflaged as facts.


Your opinion that known facts are not really facts is merely
camouflaged opinion stated as fact. Deletion of (presented facts) and
denial of such facts is a ludicrous effort to discredit what is
documented and accepted. Socrates taught that wisdom begins in the
recognition of how little we know. Every time you open your mouth,
you embarrass yourself by demonstrating how little you know and in so
doing diminish the sum total of your credibility. Keep up the good
work.

Ed Dolan has publicly gone on record to state that our food is safe


and the FDA ensures that it is. Ed's assertion is not supported by
the facts. As is customarily the case, Ed has chosen to run his mouth
without knowing what he's talking about. Ed, hasn't bothered to do the
research before spewing errant opinions as though they were facts.
Lets just take a cursory look at the safety of our food.

No, let's not! It is a waste of time and effort.


Contends Dolan in vain having been proven wrong in his assertions form
known and documented facts. Eds stubborn resistance to enlightenment
has become legendary.

Only cranks concern themselves with food safety, unless you are being paid
to do it like the FDA.


Only those concerned about their health and well being concern
themselves with food safety. They are understandably cautiously
skeptical of the FDA which has proven itself untrustworthy. Obviously
you can be counted among those who put their faith in the FDA with
heads firmly implanted in the sand.

The bottom line is that patients have been callously abandoned to die,


denied access to progress by their own FDA at a time when they needed
it most, when their life was on the line. AND ... this is the very
same FDA that Ed Dolan reveres!!! Then again, most of us have come to
learn that head swollen Ed Dolan will never be accused of being
a thinking, rational man.

The bottom line is that people become diseased and die every day from cancer
and other conditions as a result of having lived. Anyone who makes it to age
70 or so has been doing an awful lot of things right. If everyone were dying
of diseased conditions in their 30's and 40's, then I would consider looking
into what might be causing it, but that is clearly not the case.


The bottom line is NOT that people become diseased and die every day
from cancer
and other conditions as a result of MERELY having lived, but rather
that we have lived not as well as we should have, having made choices
that limit our exposure to that which contributes to cumulative damage
of our DNA as we age, genetic mutation that triggers the onset of
disease, an indisputable fact that DOLAN refuses to acknowledge.

I have never seen anyone in their 80's who was not frail. That is due to a
biological clock which is ticking away in all of us from the moment of our
birth. Diet only effects our health on the margins. The FACT is that our
food in the US is by and large safe. If it weren't, no one would make it to
age 70 or above.


Granted, age inevitably takes its toll on the biological organism, but
diet plays a significant role be it good or bad depending upon the
choices we make as to what we ingest. This has become increasingly
obvious as evidence accumlates.

Jim

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #4  
Old September 2nd 11, 10:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
...
On Sep 1, 4:56 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Your facts are not really facts, they are just another set of opinions
camouflaged as facts.


Your opinion that known facts are not really facts is merely

camouflaged opinion stated as fact. Deletion of (presented facts) and
denial of such facts is a ludicrous effort to discredit what is
documented and accepted. Socrates taught that wisdom begins in the
recognition of how little we know. Every time you open your mouth,
you embarrass yourself by demonstrating how little you know and in so
doing diminish the sum total of your credibility. Keep up the good
work.

Nope, simply documenting something does not mean it is true and accepted.
ALL facts are subject to being interpreted and disputed. My contempt for
your so-called facts runneth over!
[...]

The bottom line is that people become diseased and die every day from
cancer
and other conditions as a result of having lived. Anyone who makes it to
age
70 or so has been doing an awful lot of things right. If everyone were
dying
of diseased conditions in their 30's and 40's, then I would consider
looking
into what might be causing it, but that is clearly not the case.


The bottom line is NOT that people become diseased and die every day

from cancer and other conditions as a result of MERELY having lived, but
rather
that we have lived not as well as we should have, having made choices
that limit our exposure to that which contributes to cumulative damage
of our DNA as we age, genetic mutation that triggers the onset of
disease, an indisputable fact that DOLAN refuses to acknowledge.

Most folks live about as well as their culture permits. Trying to escape
what your culture gives you is a fool's errand.

I have never seen anyone in their 80's who was not frail. That is due to a
biological clock which is ticking away in all of us from the moment of our
birth. Diet only effects our health on the margins. The FACT is that our
food in the US is by and large safe. If it weren't, no one would make it
to
age 70 or above.


Granted, age inevitably takes its toll on the biological organism, but

diet plays a significant role be it good or bad depending upon the
choices we make as to what we ingest. This has become increasingly
obvious as evidence accumlates.

Diet plays a role because how and what we eat is an important element of
life. However, what is in dispute is how great that role is in the grand
scheme of things. Most people in all previous cultures never lived much past
the age of 40. Maybe mother nature never intended that we should live to age
70 or 80?

Why not talk to your wife and get her input. She is a nurse and knows things
about life and death that you and I don't.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota



  #5  
Old September 3rd 11, 05:58 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
T°m [email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 813
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On 9/2/2011 9:35 AM, JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
Granted, age inevitably takes its toll on the biological organism, but
diet plays a significant role be it good or bad depending upon the
choices we make as to what we ingest. This has become increasingly
obvious as evidence accumlates.


Yeah, but all the good food is boring, and the tasty food bad for you.
Such is life.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
  #6  
Old September 4th 11, 03:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 2, 11:58*pm, "Tm [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 9/2/2011 9:35 AM, JimmyMac wrote:
* [...]

Granted, age inevitably takes its toll on the biological organism, but
diet plays a significant role be it good or bad depending upon the
choices we make as to what we ingest. *This has become increasingly
obvious as evidence accumulates.


Yeah, but all the good food is boring, and the tasty food bad for you.
Such is life.


No arguments there. Much of the food that is healthy for you is on
the boring side and much food that is tasty food is not heathy for
you. Life just isnt't fair, I guess.

Jim

Tm Shermn - 42.435731N, 83.985007W
I am a vehicular cyclist.


  #7  
Old September 4th 11, 04:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 2, 4:03*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

...
On Sep 1, 4:56 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Your facts are not really facts, they are just another set of opinions
camouflaged as facts.
Your opinion that known facts are not really facts is merely


camouflaged opinion stated as fact. *Deletion of (presented facts) and
denial of such facts is a ludicrous effort to discredit what is
documented and accepted. *Socrates taught that wisdom begins in the
recognition of how little we know. *Every time you open your mouth,
you embarrass yourself by demonstrating how little you know and in so
doing diminish the sum total of your credibility. *Keep up the good
work.

Nope, simply documenting something does not mean it is true and accepted.
ALL facts are subject to being interpreted and disputed. My contempt for
your so-called facts runneth over!


My contempt for your contempt runneth over. The facts I presented,
and you deleted, were tested and verified facts of which you are in
denial. You never have been able to discern the difference between a
fact and an opinion. Facts are not subject to dispute. Let the
lecture begin..

A fact is a pragmatic truth which can be verified and confirmed as
opposed to perception, belief or opinion which, though held to be
true, is not amenable to confirmation. A fact exists independent of
the mind and that means everyone except the most contentious of
persons (like you) would readily acknowledge and be in agreement about
it ... like temperature, for instance. Measurable, temperature is a
fact and is not subject to interpretation. Interpretation is
basically a conception based on belief and/or judgment. It's
basically your opinion. As valid as an opinion may seem to be and as
strongly as an opinion is may be held, it is little more than an
interpretation conceived to fit the facts as perceived. You often
offer your perceptions as though fact when you are merely stating
nothing more than opinion. Opinion is not a fact and that's a fact no
matter what kind of spin you attempt to put on it.

A fact is information about circumstances that are known to exist or
events that are known to have occurred. As such, facts are not
subject to debate and that's a fact ... not an opinion. You continue
to misconstrue the none too subtle distinction between what
constitutes a fact and what constitutes an opinion. You never have
and never will know the distinction between the two. It is difficult,
if not impossible, to challenge an opinion. You take solace from this
because you are less likely to be proven fallible ... a frailty of
the human condition to which you could not possibly admit. By your
own admission, you are all about opinion and is clamorously
contemptuous of logic and facts. You emphatically insists upon being
unencumbered by logic and unrestrained by facts for two specific,
though unexpressed, reasons. Logic is not your strong suit and fact,
by definition, is not subject to debate (read not arguable), which
precludes your favorite pastime ... argumentation. You are
uncomfortable when bound by the confines of logic and fact. So, what
do you do? You argue about opinions, but there's problem with that
too. Something cannot be branded "true" or "false", "right" or
"wrong" when that something is merely an expression of opinion.
Nonetheless this is precisely what you endeavor to do ... debate the
non-debatable (read opinion). What is debatable are particulars such
as values, policies, proposals or propositions. What is also
debatable is whether you will ever be able to discern the distinction
between fact and opinion and determine what is and what is not subject
to debate.

It is worthy to note that an opinion coincides with fact only in
direct relation to the degree with which it is based in fact. A
purveyor of disinformation, your opinions are most often comprised of
immaterial speculation and irrelevant supposition. There is a immense
difference between opinion and conjecture. You are not, as often
asserted, all about opinion. You are all about conjecture ... a none
too subtle distinction which exceeds your poor powers of perception.
The bottom line is that you should stick to what you know, not to what
you think. You are not entitled to an opinion until you can provide a
cogent explanation.

The bottom line is that people become diseased and die every day from
cancer
and other conditions as a result of having lived. Anyone who makes it to
age
70 or so has been doing an awful lot of things right. If everyone were
dying
of diseased conditions in their 30's and 40's, then I would consider
looking
into what might be causing it, but that is clearly not the case.
The bottom line is NOT that people become diseased and die every day


from cancer and other conditions as a result of MERELY having lived, but
rather
that we have lived not as well as we should have, having made choices
that limit our exposure to that which contributes to cumulative damage
of our DNA as we age, genetic mutation that triggers the onset of
disease, an indisputable fact that DOLAN refuses to acknowledge.

Most folks live about as well as their culture permits. Trying to escape
what your culture gives you is a fool's errand.


Opinion stated as fact.

I have never seen anyone in their 80's who was not frail. That is due to a
biological clock which is ticking away in all of us from the moment of our
birth. Diet only effects our health on the margins. The FACT is that our
food in the US is by and large safe. If it weren't, no one would make it
to
age 70 or above.
Granted, age inevitably takes its toll on the biological organism, but


diet plays a significant role be it good or bad depending upon the
choices we make as to what we ingest. *This has become increasingly
obvious as evidence accumulates.

Diet plays a role because how and what we eat is an important element of
life. However, what is in dispute is how great that role is in the grand
scheme of things. Most people in all previous cultures never lived much past
the age of 40. Maybe mother nature never intended that we should live to age
70 or 80?


Much has changed over time that has contributed to increased
longevity. There are man y variable that have com into play, not the
least of is advancement in medical sciences, but the role that diet
plays cannot be denied.

Why not talk to your wife and get her input. She is a nurse and knows things
about life and death that you and I don't.


Why not get your facts straight before embarrassing yourself? As
usual, you are talking crap again about that which you know nothing.
My wife is a retired IT professional and a certified therapist ...
not a nurse. Can't you ever get anything right???

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #8  
Old September 5th 11, 09:04 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
...
On Sep 2, 4:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Nope, simply documenting something does not mean it is true and accepted.
ALL facts are subject to being interpreted and disputed. My contempt for
your so-called facts runneth over!


My contempt for your contempt runneth over. The facts I presented,

and you deleted, were tested and verified facts of which you are in
denial. You never have been able to discern the difference between a
fact and an opinion. Facts are not subject to dispute. Let the
lecture begin..

Let us NOT begin!

You are not qualified to ascertain anything at all about true health and
medical facts. It takes expertise to do that. All you are reading is
propaganda put forth by know-nothings who have an agenda of their own. They
used to call such types snake oil salesmen who could cure all conditions if
you would only buy their nostrum. The nostrum can be either a product or
information.

A new character has come along (Dr. Oz) advising that we should all eat meat
and dairy. On the other hand. Ornish is still in business advising against
all such foods. This is mainly in connection with heart disease, but even
less is known about cancer.

Final wisdom according to Ed Dolan the Great ... eat whatever you want but
only in moderation!
[...]

Diet plays a role because how and what we eat is an important element of
life. However, what is in dispute is how great that role is in the grand
scheme of things. Most people in all previous cultures never lived much
past
the age of 40. Maybe mother nature never intended that we should live to
age
70 or 80?


Much has changed over time that has contributed to increased

longevity. There are man y variable that have com into play, not the
least of is advancement in medical sciences, but the role that diet
plays cannot be denied.

The trouble with comparing diets and diseases of various peoples around the
globe is that most of the other variables are not uniform. Hells Bells, most
people in most societies do not get cancer because they do not live long
enough to get it. Same is true for heart disease and most other diseases of
old age. Such statistical comparisons are worthless.

Why not talk to your wife and get her input. She is a nurse and knows
things
about life and death that you and I don't.


Why not get your facts straight before embarrassing yourself? As

usual, you are talking crap again about that which you know nothing.
My wife is a retired IT professional and a certified therapist ...
not a nurse. Can't you ever get anything right???

As a therapist, she has seen people in various stages of debilitation and
therefore knows more than you do about the difficulties that go with
impairment and diseased conditions. You are more like me - selfish to the
core and only concerned about yourself. Welcome to the club!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota



  #9  
Old September 5th 11, 12:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,754
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 5, 3:04*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

...
On Sep 2, 4:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Nope, simply documenting something does not mean it is true and accepted.
ALL facts are subject to being interpreted and disputed. My contempt for
your so-called facts runneth over!
My contempt for your contempt runneth over. *The facts I presented,


and you deleted, were tested and verified facts of which you are in
denial. *You never have been able to discern the difference between a
fact and an opinion. *Facts are not subject to dispute. *Let the
lecture begin..

Let us NOT begin!


I see that you once again callously deleted that which I wrote and to
which you are responding. This inappropriate and discourteous.
Readers are entitled to know what you are responding to.

You are not qualified to ascertain anything at all about true health and
medical facts.


1. I was talking about you and fact sin general.
2. Having learned what I learned and having learned how little you
know, I dare say that I am much more qualified than are you who are
uninformed by choice.

It takes expertise to do that. All you are reading is
propaganda put forth by know-nothings who have an agenda of their own.


What I am reading is labeled as propaganda by a know nothing pursuing
his own agenda. that much has become evident in this exchange. You
are a completel waste of my time.

They
used to call such types snake oil salesmen who could cure all conditions if
you would only buy their nostrum. The nostrum can be either a product or
information.


Fortunately, for the most part, medical science has progressed beyond
that.

A new character has come along (Dr. Oz) advising that we should all eat meat
and dairy.


MISINFORMATION ALERT!!! Once again you haven't got your facts
straight. It never ceases to amaze me how you speak with such
authority about that which you know so little and often enough even
get things completely WRONG. Could you please extend everyone the
courtesy to get your facts straight and cease misinforming the
readership. Dr .Oz advses against consumption of any food products
source form anything with parents and faces. Dr Oz advocates a plant
based diet.

On the other hand. Ornish is still in business advising against
all such foods. This is mainly in connection with heart disease, but even
less is known about cancer.


The fact is that a Mediterranean diet which is a heart healthy diet is
considered to be a good anti-cancer diet as well.

Final wisdom according to Ed Dolan the Great ... eat whatever you want but
only in moderation!


Might I suggest humble pie? Fell free to eat that in excess. IT will
do us all some good. Wisdom and repetition are not synonyms.
Furthermore, repetition is no substitute for argument.

Diet plays a role because how and what we eat is an important element of
life. However, what is in dispute is how great that role is in the grand
scheme of things. Most people in all previous cultures never lived much
past
the age of 40. Maybe mother nature never intended that we should live to
age
70 or 80?
Much has changed over time *that has contributed to increased


longevity. *There are man y variable that have com into play, not the
least of is advancement in medical sciences, but the role that diet
plays cannot be denied.

The trouble with comparing diets and diseases of various peoples around the
globe is that most of the other variables are not uniform. Hells Bells, most
people in most societies do not get cancer because they do not live long
enough to get it. Same is true for heart disease and most other diseases of
old age. Such statistical comparisons are worthless.


More opinion state as fact by the unenlightened.

Why not talk to your wife and get her input. She is a nurse and knows
things
about life and death that you and I don't.
Why not get your facts straight before embarrassing yourself? *As


usual, you are talking crap again about that which you know nothing.
My wife is a retired IT professional *and a certified therapist ...
not a nurse. *Can't you ever get anything right???

As a therapist, she has seen people in various stages of debilitation and
therefore knows more than you do about the difficulties that go with
impairment and diseased conditions. You are more like me - selfish to the
core and only concerned about yourself. Welcome to the club!


You are confusing the staion of a nurse who primarily administer to
with physical ailments and a therapist who does not. DO NOT flatter
yourself by thinking that we are at all alike. I am nothing like
you. I have never been and never will be as egocentric, self-serving,
self-indulgent and selfish as you are. That is a club to which I
never aspire to become a member.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota


  #10  
Old September 5th 11, 03:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,212
Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
...
On Sep 5, 3:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Let us NOT begin!


I see that you once again callously deleted that which I wrote and to

which you are responding. This inappropriate and discourteous.
Readers are entitled to know what you are responding to.

Nope, I will steer any discussion that I am involved in my way. You try to
do the same of course, but I am not easily led. I have already told you that
your facts are not my facts.
[...]

They
used to call such types snake oil salesmen who could cure all conditions
if
you would only buy their nostrum. The nostrum can be either a product or
information.


Fortunately, for the most part, medical science has progressed beyond

that.

Yes, medical science, but that is not what is under discussion. What is
under discussion are cultural prejudices about what foods are good for you
and what foods are not good for you. There has been no progress at all about
that. It is why there are hundreds of diets out there, all disagreeing with
one another.

Can you tell me if I should be eating milk with fat in it or skim milk? Only
if you think you know something that is actually not known. Dr Oz says with
fat, Dr. Ornish says without fat. I say ****'em both!

A new character has come along (Dr. Oz) advising that we should all eat
meat
and dairy.


MISINFORMATION ALERT!!! Once again you haven't got your facts

straight. It never ceases to amaze me how you speak with such
authority about that which you know so little and often enough even
get things completely WRONG. Could you please extend everyone the
courtesy to get your facts straight and cease misinforming the
readership. Dr .Oz advses against consumption of any food products
source form anything with parents and faces. Dr Oz advocates a plant
based diet.

I am going by what I heard on the Joe Scarborough show on MSNBC. Dr. Oz
flabergasted motor-mouth Mika by advocating everything that was politically
incorrect as far as she was concerned. By the way, Mika is one of the
dumbest broads on TV.

On the other hand. Ornish is still in business advising against
all such foods. This is mainly in connection with heart disease, but even
less is known about cancer.


The fact is that a Mediterranean diet which is a heart healthy diet is

considered to be a good anti-cancer diet as well.

We do not know that for sure! That is what I am disagreeing about! Ornish is
a quack, but I will admit he is a persuasive quack. Steve Jobs was a
follower of his and he is now dying of pancreatic cancer which may have been
caused by the Ornish diet.

Final wisdom according to Ed Dolan the Great ... eat whatever you want but
only in moderation!

[...]

As a therapist, she has seen people in various stages of debilitation and
therefore knows more than you do about the difficulties that go with
impairment and diseased conditions. You are more like me - selfish to the
core and only concerned about yourself. Welcome to the club!


You are confusing the staion of a nurse who primarily administer to

with physical ailments and a therapist who does not. DO NOT flatter
yourself by thinking that we are at all alike. I am nothing like
you. I have never been and never will be as egocentric, self-serving,
self-indulgent and selfish as you are. That is a club to which I
never aspire to become a member.

You could be the president of such a club and I could be the chairman of the
board. Tom Sherman could be the CEO. We could call our club "The Three
Stooges".

One final hint for Dr. Jim McNamara: Write a diet book about what foods to
eat or not to eat regarding prostate cancer. You will make a fortune and can
give me 15% of what you make for cluing you in.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective JimmyMac Social Issues 0 August 30th 11 08:39 AM
Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective JimmyMac Social Issues 0 August 30th 11 08:31 AM
Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective JimmyMac Social Issues 1 August 11th 11 05:29 AM
Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective JimmyMac Social Issues 1 July 28th 11 08:11 PM
Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective Edward Dolan Social Issues 0 July 6th 11 07:08 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.