LA News today

Old June 10th 21, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default LA News today

https://ktla.com/morning-news/techno...ve-richontech/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 10th 21, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 7:30:58 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://ktla.com/morning-news/techno...ve-richontech/

After thinking about what Lou said I suppose that the modern generation is still young enough to think of electric bikes as a viable form of transportation. It won't take too many winters to change their minds about that but they will doubtless tough it out for a decade or two. Long enough to learn that man-made climate change was nothing more than another tool of the left to instill fear in the stupid people for mass control.
Old June 10th 21, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 10:12:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 7:30:58 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://ktla.com/morning-news/techno...ve-richontech/

After thinking about what Lou said I suppose that the modern generation is still young enough to think of electric bikes as a viable form of transportation. It won't take too many winters to change their minds about that but they will doubtless tough it out for a decade or two. Long enough to learn that man-made climate change was nothing more than another tool of the left to instill fear in the stupid people for mass control.

Once again Tom, you amaze us with your comments. I will restrain from making any direct remarks about them.

http://www.laalmanac.com/weather/we17.php
Above is a link to snow in Los Angeles. Andy's post above was about Los Angeles.

You wrote "I suppose that the modern generation is still young enough to think of electric bikes as a viable form of transportation. It won't take too many winters to change their minds about that but they will doubtless tough it out for a decade or two."

The above webpage on Los Angeles snow says the RECORD for one day and one month is from January 1932. 89 years ago. Once a lifetime event. 89 is well above the life expectancy in the USA. And they got a whopping 2 inches that day in 1932. Where I live and where Andy lives, bicyclists laugh at a measly pitiful pathetic 2 inches of snow. It takes 2 feet to be a real concern.

I've been to Los Angeles several times. March was the coldest month I visited. Brrrr. Went to Disneyland in shorts and t-shirt on that trip. Guessing shorts and t-shirts would have been appropriate for the entire winter season in Los Angeles.

On the above webpage for snow in Los Angeles they list all the snow events in downtown Los Angeles since 1918. Its snowed in 15 years from 1918 to 1962. Mostly trace amounts. But some were measurable. The table shown stops at 1962. I don't know if it has never ever snowed in downtown Los Angeles from 1962 to 2021, or the webpage just stopped the table at 1962. But if its the former, it has never ever snowed in downtown Los Angeles since 1962, then that would seem to support the factually supported theory that the earth is warming. Thus no snow in downtown Los Angeles for 59 years. Most likely due to man caused actions.

I've been to San Francisco a couple times about two decades ago. Summer time I think. So no winter experience with San Francisco. But I'm guessing winter in San Francisco area is very mild to say the lease. Cyclable on electric and regular bikes every day of the year. Supposedly you live in Oakland, on the other side of the Bay. Guessing winter weather in Oakland is the same as in San Francisco. Cyclable all winter long. You have yet to amaze us with your winter riding adventures in blizzards so I'm guessing it doesn't snow in San Francisco area.

So we have determined that there is no winter in San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles, San Diego. Yet you wrote "It won't take too many winters to change their minds."
Old June 10th 21, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 2:22:13 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

The sheer stupidity of you is astonishing. Are you ignorant on purpose? We have homeless people everywhere in the bay area. The railroad right of way has back fences from homes for 3 miles to Oakland. It is entirely lined with homeless people. These people have no other way to get around except with bicycles. They will not ride bikes in our 55 degrees and 30 mph winds. Maybe I do that and then have to stand in a hot shower for 10 minutes after. Explain to everyone here HOW you would commute to work in 2 feet of snow with your great E-bike? E-bikes won't even ride into the wind around here where 55 mph winds aren't that rare?

Better yet, tell us how you would commute to work in New York City on an E-bike where you have snow every year, no place to put your bike where it is safe and you have to attend work in a coat and tie like I did for 30 years?
Old June 10th 21, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/10/2021 4:22 PM, wrote:
[...]

in re Global Warming:

Today, 10 June, it's snowing at the west border of Montana,
5 inches expected (from a customer driving heavy machinery
transport).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...une/ar-AAKUAiI

carry on.

Old June 10th 21, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:25:30 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/10/2021 4:22 PM, wrote:
[...]

Good. They need all the water they can get.
https://www.mtpr.org/post/over-60-pe...ght-conditions
Most of the West is in drought . . . again. https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Curre...itor.aspx?West

-- Jay Beattie.

Old June 11th 21, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/10/2021 3:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:

snip

in re Global Warming:

Today, 10 June, it's snowing at the west border of Montana, 5 inches
expected (from a customer driving heavy machinery transport).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...une/ar-AAKUAiI

Hmm, seems like you don't comprehend the difference between weather and
climate. This may help you understand it:
https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/what-difference-between-weather-and-climate-change-1?qt-news_science_products=0#qt-news_science_products.
"Weather refers to short term atmospheric conditions while climate is
the weather of a specific region averaged over a long period of time.
Climate change refers to long-term changes."
Old June 11th 21, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/10/2021 7:31 PM, sms wrote:
On 6/10/2021 3:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:

snip

in re Global Warming:

Today, 10 June, it's snowing at the west border of
Montana, 5 inches expected (from a customer driving heavy
machinery transport).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...une/ar-AAKUAiI

Hmm, seems like you don't comprehend the difference between
weather and climate. This may help you understand it:
https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/what-difference-between-weather-and-climate-change-1?qt-news_science_products=0#qt-news_science_products.

"Weather refers to short term atmospheric conditions while
climate is the weather of a specific region averaged over a
long period of time. Climate change refers to long-term
changes."

meh:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ure-in-the-us/

about 52 degrees to damn near 55 over 120 years. Don't light
your hair on fire just yet.

Old June 11th 21, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On 6/10/2021 4:22 PM, wrote:
[...]

I've attempted to explain how CO2 acts in the atmosphere but we end up with people like Russell telling us that Dr. Mann who furthered the idiocy of Arrhenius from the 19th century knows what he is talking about despite the fact that not one single prediction of his has even come even close. The precursor to the US Weather Bureau proved Arrhenius wrong in 1908 but people that wish to invent doom and gloom will live their lives in absolute fear.
Old June 11th 21, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:25:30 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/10/2021 4:22 PM, wrote:
[...]

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/hoo...ht-2021-06-10/
https://news.yahoo.com/hoover-dam-re...100814715.html
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ir-drought-low

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover_Dam

"In total, water from Lake Mead serves 18 million people in Arizona, Nevada, and California and supplies the irrigation of over 1,000,000 acres (400,000 ha) of land."
Montana has 1.09 million residents total. Diminishing water from Hoover Dam serves 18 million people. 18 to 1 ratio there. Area of Montana is 147,040 square miles. 94 million acres. So Hoover only irrigates a mere 1.064% of the area of the state of Montana.
But another Google search says the following
"and the lands these waters drain are all part of the "Colorado River Basin.." The rivers drain 242,000 square miles in the United States, or one-twelfth of the country's continental land."
So Hoover drains 1.6 times the area of the state of Montana.

Your comments above say the 5 inches of snow is on the western border of Montana. Going to the Sun road, pass, is over there. Famous bike route. But the whole state of Montana did not get 5 inches of snow. Just the Going to the Sun road got 5 inches of snow.

TODAY'S CYCLE NEWS datakoll Techniques 55 June 1st 09 11:59 PM
today's big news bar Racing 33 April 24th 09 09:03 AM
BBC news story today Peter Wilson Australia 14 August 5th 05 07:33 AM
Vecchio's in the news today Fritz M Techniques 13 September 18th 04 02:47 PM
Today's news Richard Goodman UK 13 January 28th 04 08:45 PM