compared to texting drivers, not so bad

Old May 25th 18, 03:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default compared to texting drivers, not so bad

https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-...his-own-hands/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 25th 18, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-...his-own-hands/

So the guy proves it wasn't a bomb, saves a bunch of taxpayer money,
reduces traffic congestion, and this is the thanks he gets.

Old May 25th 18, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/25/2018 9:57 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-...his-own-hands/

So the guy proves it wasn't a bomb, saves a bunch of taxpayer money,
reduces traffic congestion, and this is the thanks he gets.

Most frightening statement ever-
"We're from the government. We're here to help you."

Old May 25th 18, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

AMuzi wrote:
https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-...his-own-hands/

So the guy proves it wasn't a bomb, saves a bunch of taxpayer money,
reduces traffic congestion, and this is the thanks he gets.

Most frightening statement ever-
"We're from the government. We're here to help you."

My wife had a seizure due to bleeding into the brain after brain surgery. I called 911 and the FD was at my door before I put the receiver down. Government, OHSU, re-assembled my son's ankles. You gotta love a hospital with a tram. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/x8sFyGlkMNs/maxresdefault.jpg The police got my Roubaix back and delivered it to the front of my office building. It's not all bad news.

Is government inefficient and sometimes misguided -- sure, particularly in the People's Democratic Republic of Portland, but historically, "government help" defined this state -- from Bonneville Dam to Timberline Lodge to Crater Lake. God save the National Parks -- and thanks to all the firefighters who prevented the whole Gorge from going up in flames due to some idiotic kid throwing lit fireworks into a forest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6mGFxTG4qM I'm also fond of the interstate highway system, among other government inventions. Good government separates us from the third-world -- along with common civility and a sense of civic duty, both of which seem to be slipping away at a rapid rate.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 25th 18, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

AMuzi wrote:
https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-...his-own-hands/

So the guy proves it wasn't a bomb, saves a bunch of taxpayer money,
reduces traffic congestion, and this is the thanks he gets.

Well, maybe if he'd proved it *was* a bomb his efforts would have been
more appreciated.

Most frightening statement ever- "We're from the government. We're
here to help you."

That might be the third most frightening, perhaps, after:

"This won't hurt a bit"

and

"Of course you can trust us, we're Wall Street."

texting motorist Tony Dragon UK 89 September 13th 16 10:03 AM
Texting while bicycling John Brittain[_2_] Techniques 19 February 12th 12 06:23 AM
No More Texting While Cycling Bret Cahill[_3_] UK 1 January 23rd 12 01:30 PM
worse that texting drivers AMuzi Techniques 4 November 5th 11 08:28 AM
texting and pedestrians AMuzi Techniques 20 August 28th 11 10:59 PM