world record attempt

Old April 9th 04, 09:29 PM
north

Default world record attempt

whats the record for the highest drop on a unicycle?
im planning one thats about 40foot to go on my video... would this put
me at the top? and how would i get it recognised as a world record?

--
north - Circus Trick *******

CTB North

customer satisfaction survey...count the scratches on my back

http://www.circustrick*******.co.uk
north's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3476

Old April 9th 04, 09:32 PM
treepotato

40ft wow! Good Luck! you're very brave i've done so far about...4 cm

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Old April 9th 04, 09:33 PM
north

its into water... am i less cool now?
should i get some sperm frozen first incase i ever wanna have babies?

Old April 9th 04, 09:38 PM
uniextreme

north wrote:
*... am i less cool now?
*

Yes

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuw09
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

Old April 9th 04, 09:40 PM
north

cheers...
but youll all laugh when i have to have my7 sorry, unconcious ass
rescued... which is the important thing...

Old April 9th 04, 09:47 PM
KlownLife

I've got a vid of someone doin a HUGE drop into water, its impressive.
But it's been done before so I don't think you'll be in the record books
pal and seein as its into water its not exactly Xtreme but still it'll
add somethin kool and different to your film.
Jas'o

--
KlownLife - The Bad Boy Of Uni

I'm Poetry In Motion, from start to finish
KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

Old April 9th 04, 09:50 PM
north

fine! but have it on your conscience when i die doing forty feet to
'crete

--
north - Circus Trick *******

North

until it ends...

north's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3476

Old April 9th 04, 10:02 PM
treepotato

should i get some sperm frozen first incase i ever wanna have babies?

haha maybe you should start writing a will as well... and maybe pick a
song for your funeral? maybe 'i will survive' just a thought, not trying
to suggest anytthing..

Old April 9th 04, 10:03 PM
north

how about "indestructable" by rancid...
or "giving gravity a hand" by ten foot pole?

--
north - The seth enslow of unicycling

North

until it ends...

north's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3476

Old April 9th 04, 10:48 PM
johnfoss

north wrote:
*its into water... am i less cool now?*

Yes, but you're also a lot less stupid.

So you want to set a record for dropping into water "on" a unicycle?
Don't know the previous mark for that one, but don't think it's
something Guinness would be interested in listing either.

I've heard stories of at least two different people skydiving on
unicycles. I don't know if either of them were able to ride away from
their landings, but you weren't planning to either. I think they've got
you beat.

For a "real" drop record, you'd probably have to divide it up into
landing types. First, I'd think it only matters if you ride away. Then,
there would be different degrees of difficulty for angle of landing
surface, and what it's made out of. Rock would count the most, followed
by concrete, asphalt, gravel, etc.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
whole van!