Poor John?

Old June 17th 05, 03:06 AM
Tom Kunich

Default Poor John?

Anyone notice that John Leiswyn seems to be going through a lot of self
examination lately in his diaries? I suppose there comes a time in
everyone's life when they start questioning whether what they do is really
what they want to do and if the cost of doing it is worth it.

It would be a shame to see John drop out of the sport. He has a great deal
of knowledge about it. Who is still riding that can say that they raced
against Greg LeMond, Bernard Hinault and Eddy Merckx? Long in the tooth
perhaps but maybe not that long?

John is a thinking man but he is still a fast one. If he can land a contract
for next year shouldn't he try to press on some more? American cycling is
replete with guys that wouldn't give up. Sure, there is a certain amont of
adolescence required to keep racing bicycles late in life, but you know,
there's nothing wrong with that.

Now that I'm getting close to retirement I think that if he can still hack
it he should hang in there. What have I accomplished in 35 years of working
for a living? Not a whole hell of a lot and in another decade nothing at
all.

A great rider doesn't become pack fodder because he gets older. It can only
happen if he can't press himself to keep training at ever increasing rates
to compensate for his age.

In some races some Euro-dogs shouted names at him. He missed the important
break in Philly. Bummer man! But there IS next year.

Old June 17th 05, 04:09 AM
amit

Tom Kunich wrote:
Anyone notice that John Leiswyn seems to be going through a lot of self
examination lately in his diaries? I suppose there comes a time in
everyone's life when they start questioning whether what they do is really
what they want to do and if the cost of doing it is worth it.

dumbass,

JL he ain't no spring chicken. he already said he's planning to retire
to NZ after this season.

Old June 17th 05, 05:38 PM
Rik Van Diesel

He said that last year.