cycling with glasses

Old November 16th 04, 07:52 AM
Ted Linnell

Default cycling with glasses

"Dej" wrote:

and not sunnies/bunnings safety glasses!
my eyesight is pretty crapola when im not wearing glasses.
its especially bad when i wear glasses all day, then take them off to ride
home.
its not bad that i cant see cars, the colour of traffic lights etc, but it
may end up being the case one day?
so what do the glasses wearers do? wear contacts? wear shaded prescription
glasses?
not that ive had a case of glasses falling off while riding, but reading
glasses cost $$$ so the thought of there being a remote chance of dropping
them kinda puts me off.

??

I wear "fitovers" over my prescription glasses on a sunny day, or
bunnings safety glasses (the ones that go overprescription glasses) if
is a dull day or at night.
Probably looks daggy, but works for me.

Ted.

| Ted Linnell |
| |
| Nunawading, Victoria , Australia |
Old November 16th 04, 12:35 PM
Steve

Over the last twenty years of racing contact lenses have been my first
choice due to the restrictive peripheral (sic?) aspect of glasses. Most of
the pros seem to follow this path apart from the high profile exceptions
like Fignon or Zulle. Or I suppose the other way is like Robbie McEwen &
have Lasik surgery.

cycling with glasses SteveA Australia 0 November 15th 04 06:17 AM
Critique of BMA paper Just zis Guy, you know? UK 2 November 11th 04 11:15 PM
published helmet research - not troll Frank Krygowski Social Issues 1716 October 24th 04 06:39 AM
More Paris Cycling - Along Southern Rim Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 4 May 26th 04 02:01 AM
Age doesn't stop 70-somethings who are cycling devotees Garrison Hilliard General 5 March 22nd 04 04:56 AM