cycling with glasses

Old November 15th 04, 10:41 PM
Shabby

Default cycling with glasses

Dej Wrote:
and not sunnies/bunnings safety glasses!
my eyesight is pretty crapola when im not wearing glasses.
its especially bad when i wear glasses all day, then take them off t
ride
home.
its not bad that i cant see cars, the colour of traffic lights etc, bu
it
may end up being the case one day?
so what do the glasses wearers do? wear contacts? wear shade
prescription
glasses?
not that ive had a case of glasses falling off while riding, bu
reading
glasses cost $$$ so the thought of there being a remote chance o
dropping
them kinda puts me off.

??

Prescription sunnies with transitions lenses are the go (get the lense
replaced when you buy them). Perfect for mornings when it's dark whe
you leave home, and perfect for afternoon/night track carnivals o
indoor events. Find a shop doing buy one get one free deals next tim
you're buying a pair of glasses.

The contacts option is really bad, you'll end up with red eyes an
contacts stuck to your eyes

--
Shabby

Old November 16th 04, 11:29 AM
DRS

"Shabby" wrote in
message

[...]

Prescription sunnies with transitions lenses are the go (get the

For the sake of the record, "Transitions®" lenses are a registered trademark
name. The generic name is photochromatic lenses. And don't let anyone try
to tell you they're anything new. I've been using them for more than twenty
years.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old November 16th 04, 08:07 PM
Jack Russell

DRS wrote:
"Shabby" wrote in
message

[...]

Prescription sunnies with transitions lenses are the go (get the

For the sake of the record, "Transitions®" lenses are a registered trademark
name. The generic name is photochromatic lenses. And don't let anyone try
to tell you they're anything new. I've been using them for more than twenty
years.

Weren't they only available in glass originally? I remember trying a
pair but they were literally too heavy!

--
Remove norubbish to reply direct

Jack Russell
Old November 16th 04, 10:40 PM
Shabby

Let's not get too pedantic, DRS. I hope the "Transitions®" people don'
sue me now for not using an ®. Off to go for a ride with my Walkman® o
so I can go for a swim in my Speedos® at the beach.

DRS Wrote:
"Shabby" wrote in
message

[...]

Prescription sunnies with transitions lenses are the go (get the

For the sake of the record, "Transitions®" lenses are a registere
trademark
name. The generic name is photochromatic lenses. And don't let anyon
try
to tell you they're anything new. I've been using them for more tha
twenty
years.

--

A: Top-posters.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet

--
Shabby

Old November 16th 04, 10:42 PM
Shabby

Jack Russell Wrote:
Weren't they only available in glass originally? I remember trying a
pair but they were literally too heavy!

Nope, polycarbonate, similar weight to normal sunnies (except they'r
thicker at the edges for obvious reasons - just like coke® bottles)

--
Shabby

Old November 17th 04, 09:51 AM
DRS

"Shabby" wrote in
message
Jack Russell Wrote:
Weren't they only available in glass originally? I remember trying a
pair but they were literally too heavy!

Nope, polycarbonate, similar weight to normal sunnies (except they're
thicker at the edges for obvious reasons - just like coke® bottles).

That's not true. They were only available in glass *originally*.

--

A: Top-posters.

cycling with glasses SteveA Australia 0 November 15th 04 06:17 AM
Critique of BMA paper Just zis Guy, you know? UK 2 November 11th 04 11:15 PM
published helmet research - not troll Frank Krygowski Social Issues 1716 October 24th 04 06:39 AM
More Paris Cycling - Along Southern Rim Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 4 May 26th 04 02:01 AM
Age doesn't stop 70-somethings who are cycling devotees Garrison Hilliard General 5 March 22nd 04 04:56 AM