RR: Sandown Raceway "Messy" Kermesse

Old February 1st 05, 11:38 AM
hippy

Default RR: Sandown Raceway "Messy" Kermesse

This would be my first race at Sandown International Raceway.. typically
home to V8 supercars..

Left work early (~5pm) and caught the train to Richmond, waited for a
totally packed train to go past and then caught a Pakenham train which
was much less full.
I didn't even have to yuppie-whack to get my bike in!
The howling gale and high heat of mid-day had turned into dark skies and
crazy winds.
Arrived at around 6pm, followed another rider to the track, got changed,
paid the $10 entry fee and collected a race number.
Headed out onto the track as it started to rain.
"Jesus! How frickin' insane is this wind?!"
I was almost going backwards on the main straight, I'm sure. Turned the
corner and it was better in the crosswind, sharp left and down the back
straight was nice and fast until the small rise reduced speed a little.
On through some twisties and then SMACK! POW! the wall of wind just
created a reverse gear!
On the second lap I found a wheel to follow and the speed went up a
little. It was going to take some time to un-Glenvale and adjust to
these new corners at speed.
Completing this lap we rolled up to the start to find the race had been
called off due to the ****ty weather. Damn! All that fuss for nothing
Race entry fees would be saved for another day. At least I got to leave
work early

Rode home with Trev C and experience my first Bad Bus Driver (BBD). This
cocksmoker insisted on sitting behind us for some time along Springvale
Rd. tooting.
"Oh, and where the fsck would you like us to go, dickhead?".
With two other lanes clear, that he could have used, I did not
understand this idiot's problem. At a set of lights I showed him where
the other lanes were and suggested he use them. I gave him the
international sign of Peace Love Unity and Respect as he rounded the
corner. (I flipped him off and call him nasty names ).
Other than that little incident, it was a surprisingly nice ride home in
the rain.

The best bit?
Getting home and realising the race number was still stuck to my back!

Race Stats:
Distance: 0k
Avg. Spd: 0kph
Swearing: 247rwph (rude words per hour, 220 is hippy average )

hippy
Old February 1st 05, 04:16 PM
Brett

hippy wrote:

The best bit?
Getting home and realising the race number was still stuck to my back!

Maybe your bus driving mate was tooting encouragement for your 'race' home

;-)

--
Brett
Old February 1st 05, 08:47 PM
warrwych

hippy Wrote:

[...]

in
the rain.

hippy

Nice practice run Hipstar! Including wind for power/strength sessions
cool! heheheh So next week you'll know the course, have a feel for th
corners and can concentrate on your winning strategy.

I had my first experience of an @rsehole log truck driver yesterday
Around here the loggies and the milk tankers are the best (and te
school bus drivers the worst - they have absolute tunnel vision) bu
this pr!ck decided that he and his fully loaded double bogey 1) couldn
slow down in town and 2) couldnt use any of the road to his right cos.
well he'd have to actually turn the steering wheel. This meant I had
choice between becoming part of his undercarriage or practicing m
cyclocross. I am getting much better at cyclcocross. There was an empt
loggie going back out who saw the whole thing and made appropriat
gestures which made me feel perhaps a little better.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad

--
warrwych

Old February 1st 05, 10:01 PM
NickZX6R

hippy wrote:
[...]

Your rwph is really improving! Does your Polar record all that too?

--
Nick
Old February 1st 05, 10:23 PM
hippy

Brett wrote:
hippy wrote:
The best bit?
Getting home and realising the race number was still stuck to my back!

Maybe your bus driving mate was tooting encouragement for your 'race' home

I wish. Unfortunately when I was eyeballing him as he sat on our arses,
it was pretty damn obvious he wanted us off the road.
Trev was probably laughing to himself all the way home! :S

dopey hippy
Old February 1st 05, 10:25 PM
hippy

NickZX6R wrote:
hippy wrote:
Swearing: 247rwph (rude words per hour, 220 is hippy average )

Your rwph is really improving! Does your Polar record all that too?

I think I have to upgrade to the 8xx series for that..
Perhaps I could retrofit the SwearSensor to the 710?

hippy ;-)

Old February 2nd 05, 06:29 AM
Resound

Nice practice run Hipstar! Including wind for power/strength sessions -
cool! heheheh So next week you'll know the course, have a feel for the
corners and can concentrate on your winning strategy.

I had my first experience of an @rsehole log truck driver yesterday.
Around here the loggies and the milk tankers are the best (and teh
school bus drivers the worst - they have absolute tunnel vision) but
this pr!ck decided that he and his fully loaded double bogey 1) couldnt
slow down in town and 2) couldnt use any of the road to his right cos..
well he'd have to actually turn the steering wheel. This meant I had a
choice between becoming part of his undercarriage or practicing my
cyclocross. I am getting much better at cyclcocross. There was an empty
loggie going back out who saw the whole thing and made appropriate
gestures which made me feel perhaps a little better.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

--
warrwych

Eep! That's a scary thing to get squeezed by! *shudder*