Advice on replacing my Giro Boreas

Old May 17th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Advice on replacing my Giro Boreas

I am looking for advice on a new helmet. I have been wearing a Giro
Boreas.

I have tried one some of the newer models, such as the Pneumo and the
Atmos. Neither of these fit me like the Boreas did, and the Atmos is a
bit pricy anyways. I’ve also tried several Bell helmets with little
satisfaction. Maybe I am just used to my old helmet, but I have yet to
find a new one that seems to fit as well.

So my question is. Folks who have replaced a Boreas with a newer
helmet, what have you found that worked for you? I am looking for a
lightweight, well ventilated helmet. And yes, I will confess I want it
to look decent and not too fredly :-)

Any suggestions?

Old May 17th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

John Rees wrote in newsnGag.270$Qg.18
@tornado.southeast.rr.com:
I have tried one some of the newer models, such as the Pneumo and the
Atmos. Neither of these fit me like the Boreas did

Try the mid-range Giro helmets. They fit a little differently from the
Pneumo and Atmos. Helmet fit should be your primary criteria.
Old May 17th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:25:25 GMT, John Rees wrote:

I am looking for advice on a new helmet. I have been wearing a Giro
Boreas.

I have tried one some of the newer models, such as the Pneumo and the
Atmos. Neither of these fit me like the Boreas did, and the Atmos is a
bit pricy anyways. I’ve also tried several Bell helmets with little
satisfaction. Maybe I am just used to my old helmet, but I have yet to
find a new one that seems to fit as well.

So my question is. Folks who have replaced a Boreas with a newer
helmet, what have you found that worked for you? I am looking for a
lightweight, well ventilated helmet. And yes, I will confess I want it
to look decent and not too fredly :-)

Any suggestions?

Take a look at the Giro Eclipse.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old May 18th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

John Rees wrote:
I am looking for advice on a new helmet. I have been wearing a Giro
Boreas.

I have tried one some of the newer models, such as the Pneumo and the
Atmos. Neither of these fit me like the Boreas did, and the Atmos is a
bit pricy anyways. I've also tried several Bell helmets with little
satisfaction. Maybe I am just used to my old helmet, but I have yet to
find a new one that seems to fit as well.

So my question is. Folks who have replaced a Boreas with a newer
helmet, what have you found that worked for you? I am looking for a
lightweight, well ventilated helmet. And yes, I will confess I want it
to look decent and not too fredly :-)

Any suggestions?

Giro Eclipse - or - I have found eBay to have some new Boreas once in a
while. I got the yellow/orange one to replace mine that I crashed.