bearings

Old June 24th 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
LSMFT

Default bearings

The bearing race inside my hub on the sprocket side cracked and broke. I
can't find parts for this. Is it repairable?

--
If I wasn't me I wouldn't like me either.
Signature file not found
Old June 24th 10, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On 24 June, 15:18, LSMFT wrote:
The bearing race inside my hub on the sprocket side cracked and broke. I
can't find parts for this. Is it repairable?

That's an unusual failure, I would certainly be looking to get that
done FOC as a munufacturing defect. You can easily punch out a cup
from the reverse side using a split rod and install a new cup using a
drift and hammer. It's finding the right size cups which you may find
to be the problem.
Old June 24th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

On 24/06/2010 15:18, LSMFT wrote:

The bearing race inside my hub on the sprocket side cracked and broke. I
can't find parts for this. Is it repairable?

There's some very important information you need to supply. Without that
there's no chance your question can be answered accurately.

What sort of hub?
Old June 24th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
LSMFT

thirty-six wrote:

On 24 June, 15:18, LSMFT wrote:
The bearing race inside my hub on the sprocket side cracked and

broke. I
can't find parts for this. Is it repairable?

That's an unusual failure, I would certainly be looking to get that
done FOC as a munufacturing defect. You can easily punch out a cup
from the reverse side using a split rod and install a new cup using

drift and hammer. It's finding the right size cups which you may

find
to be the problem.

I decided to install real bearings. I was able to find the ID and OD
and width I need for that hub from an industrial supply place.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.
Old June 24th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
incredulous

On Jun 24, 10:27*am, LSMFT wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
On 24 June, 15:18, LSMFT wrote:
The bearing race inside my hub on the sprocket side cracked and

broke. I
can't find parts for this. Is it repairable?

That's an unusual failure, I would certainly be looking to get that
done FOC as a munufacturing defect. *You can easily punch out a cup
from the reverse side using a split rod and install a new cup using

drift and hammer. *It's finding the right size cups which you may

find
to be the problem.

I decided to install real bearings. I was able to find the ID and OD
and width I need for that hub from an industrial supply place.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.

Lucky Strike Means Real Tobacco?
Old June 24th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
incredulous

On Jun 24, 10:27*am, LSMFT wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
On 24 June, 15:18, LSMFT wrote:
The bearing race inside my hub on the sprocket side cracked and

broke. I
can't find parts for this. Is it repairable?

That's an unusual failure, I would certainly be looking to get that
done FOC as a munufacturing defect. *You can easily punch out a cup
from the reverse side using a split rod and install a new cup using

drift and hammer. *It's finding the right size cups which you may

find
to be the problem.

I decided to install real bearings. I was able to find the ID and OD
and width I need for that hub from an industrial supply place.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.

Or rather
Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco ?
Old June 24th 10, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
LSMFT

Clive George wrote:
On 24/06/2010 15:18, LSMFT wrote:

The bearing race inside my hub on the sprocket side cracked and broke. I
can't find parts for this. Is it repairable?

There's some very important information you need to supply. Without that
there's no chance your question can be answered accurately.

What sort of hub?

Bicycle hub. Why do you think I came here?

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.
Old June 24th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

LSMFT wrote:
The bearing race inside my hub on the sprocket side cracked and broke. I
can't find parts for this. Is it repairable?

A Campagnolo Record hub?
Any year, 1960 to present, sure no problem. See any
competent LBS which commonly services bicycles.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old June 24th 10, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Jobst Brandt wrote:
Harry Travis wrote:

The bearing race inside my hub on the sprocket side cracked and
broke. I can't find parts for this. Is it repairable?

That's an unusual failure, I would certainly be looking to get
that done FOC as a munufacturing defect. Â You can easily punch out
a cup from the reverse side using a split rod and install a new
cup using a drift and hammer. Â It's finding the right size cups
which you mayfind to be the problem.

I decided to install real bearings. I was able to find the ID and
OD and width I need for that hub from an industrial supply place.

--
L.S.M.F.T

I'm trying to think but nothing happens

Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco?

http://www.tobaccovideos.com/commerc...ckystrike.html

If you believe that, you probably believe in carbon fiber, the latest
L.S.M.F.T sales gimmick.

Cecil Yates & I prefer Camels:
http://www.6dayracing.ca/memorabilia...s/yates10.html

Old June 24th 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

LSMFT wrote:
Bicycle hub. Why do you think I came here?

Interpolating from your two posts, we can't help unless we
know more specifically what it is you have and I'm not sure
you know either. Which is OK, but much like asking for just
any spark plug without further engine specs, the
applications vary greatly, and it matters.

For premium quality products such as a Record, this is
straightforward and simple, parts are available virtually
everywhere for all years. For "just a bike", a complete
wheel may well be cheaper than one Record hub cup, not
counting the labor to install it.

Bearings Jon.S Mountain Biking 0 July 21st 07 08:46 PM
Bearing of auto bearings and hub bearings technical co autopartchina Unicycling 0 April 15th 06 08:17 AM
Where to buy KH bearings cyberpunk Unicycling 10 May 3rd 05 10:34 PM
How many bearings? Steph Peters UK 6 June 6th 04 10:52 PM
Mud and Bearings quark soup Unicycling 5 February 16th 04 04:05 AM