The 10 most beautiful bicycles, according to the editors of thehoon's automobile magazine, Top Gear

Old August 24th 14, 01:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default The 10 most beautiful bicycles, according to the editors of thehoon's automobile magazine, Top Gear

The 10 most beautiful bicycles, according to the editors of the hoon's automobile magazine, Top Gear:

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140...tiful-bicycles

That abomination that they start with is indicative of most of the rest of their choices. They aren't to hot on auto styling either.

One has to wonder whether any of them cycle.

Andre Jute

*a hoon is an Australian road hooligan
Old August 24th 14, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:49:12 AM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
The 10 most beautiful bicycles, according to the editors of the hoon's automobile magazine, Top Gear:

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140...tiful-bicycles

That abomination that they start with is indicative of most of the rest of their choices. They aren't to hot on auto styling either.

One has to wonder whether any of them cycle.

Andre Jute

*a hoon is an Australian road hooligan

Didn't we just see those in another recent thread?

Cheers
Old August 24th 14, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 2:26:47 PM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:49:12 AM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:

The 10 most beautiful bicycles, according to the editors of the hoon's automobile magazine, Top Gear:
http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140...tiful-bicycles
That abomination that they start with is indicative of most of the rest of their choices. They aren't to hot on auto styling either.

One has to wonder whether any of them cycle.

Andre Jute

*a hoon is an Australian road hooligan

Didn't we just see those in another recent thread?

If we did, I missed them. But I think you're thinking of the wooden bikes Jeff posted a link to.

Would you lay down your hard-earned for any of the bikes in that selection of ten by the editors of a motoring magazine?

Andre Jute
Old August 24th 14, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 8/24/2014 7:49 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
The 10 most beautiful bicycles, according to the editors of the hoon's automobile magazine, Top Gear:

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140...tiful-bicycles

That abomination that they start with is indicative of most of the rest of their choices. They aren't to hot on auto styling either.

One has to wonder whether any of them cycle.

Andre Jute

*a hoon is an Australian road hooligan

and yet beautiful does exist:
http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Ita.../D60_pista.htm

just not in the BBC collectioon of oddities.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old August 24th 14, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 07:12:15 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 2:26:47 PM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:49:12 AM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
The 10 most beautiful bicycles, according to the editors of the hoon's automobile magazine, Top Gear:
http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140...tiful-bicycles
That abomination that they start with is indicative of most of the rest of their choices. They aren't to hot on auto styling either.
One has to wonder whether any of them cycle.
Andre Jute
*a hoon is an Australian road hooligan

Didn't we just see those in another recent thread?

If we did, I missed them. But I think you're thinking of
the wooden bikes Jeff posted a link to.

It was in the thread titled:
"Bicycle Design Competition Concludes: Seattle Wins"
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!original/rec.bicycles.tech/fpDc-zthSQ8/7SLLXmJNlGAJ
If you missed my posting, don't worry. I don't think anyone has the
time to read all my rants. It doesn't bother me. I'll just go off
somewhere and sulk while I recover.

Would you lay down your hard-earned for any of the bikes in that selection
of ten by the editors of a motoring magazine?

No. I would more likely copy it or steal some of its better ideas.
However, I'm not into fabrication at this time, so both are unlikely.
Also, I judge the bicycle, not the reviewer. If the BBC happens to
find a winner, I won't complain that it came from someone involved
with automobiles.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old August 24th 14, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:10:05 PM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 07:12:15 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute

If we did, I missed them. But I think you're thinking of

the wooden bikes Jeff posted a link to.

It was in the thread titled:

"Bicycle Design Competition Concludes: Seattle Wins"

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!original/rec.bicycles.tech/fpDc-zthSQ8/7SLLXmJNlGAJ

If you missed my posting, don't worry. I don't think anyone has the

time to read all my rants. It doesn't bother me. I'll just go off

somewhere and sulk while I recover.

Ha! I gave that entire thread a miss. I mean, any bike competition Portland doesn't win has to be a fix. So, when due to the exigencies of the publishing biz (Christmas starts in July) I had to give up something, that was the one I didn't read. I realize now I should have. Oh, well, I never had, nor desired street cred. I'll come join you in the sulks. Right after Christmas.

Andre Jute
Old August 25th 14, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 8/24/2014 12:42 PM, AMuzi wrote:

and yet beautiful does exist:
http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Ita.../D60_pista.htm

just not in the BBC collectioon of oddities.

About ten years ago, I came across an Italian-made city bike - I forget
the brand, but it may have been Bianchi - on which I developed an
instantaneous crush. I thought it was gorgeous. I loved everything
from the bend in its upright bars to the color of its wide tires to the
color of its paint to its geared hub. I took it on a test ride and I
loved its handling.

I'm not an impulse buyer, and I couldn't justify spending what it cost
to get yet another bike. But I had serious trouble walking away from
that one.

It might have been far too plebeian for an exotic design competition,
and far too stodgy for any racer. But I sure thought it was beautiful.

--
- Frank Krygowski