Cyclists waste petrol

Old October 4th 18, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On 10/4/18 9:23 PM, Peeler wrote:
On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 21:06:56 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

Did the French buy Lucas?

Will you suck the Scottish troll's cock again, you senile sucker of troll
cock? BG

So you agree that that Parrot Macaw thing is a vulgar little maggot.
Old October 4th 18, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

On 04/10/18 10:25, Peter Keller wrote:
On 10/4/18 9:23 PM, Peeler wrote:
On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 21:06:56 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

Did the French buy Lucas?

Will you suck the Scottish troll's cock again, you senile sucker of troll
cock? BG

So you agree that that Parrot Macaw thing is a vulgar little maggot.

*plonk*

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14

Old October 4th 18, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 00:17:45 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 00:09:14 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 22:57:44 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 22:45:11 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 20:59:41 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 15:29:04 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/26/2018 07:05 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 04:20:42 +0100, rbowman

wrote:

On 09/25/2018 09:25 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
We just changed recently. Annoyingly they also changed one
of
the
coins, so they're slightly bigger and no longer fit in any
machines
until they're all changed over at the shop's expense.
Clueless
Royal
Mint, they do that every 5 years.

At least you don't have Loonies...

Who?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loonie

We do in fact have both a gold colored $1 and $2 coins and they
work
fine
except for the terminal stupidity that the $1 coin is bigger
than
the
$2
coin.
And the 50c coin is bigger again, but is silver colored and not
gold
colored.

And we don't have 1c and 2c coins anymore, the lowest value is
5c.

I misspoke. I was thinking of the toonie..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonie

I don't know if it was just an urban legend but there was talk
that
the
manufacturing process wasn't ironed out for the first runs and
the
core
would fall out leaving you with a $2 washer.

I liked going to Canada. In the '90s the exchange rate was
unfavorable
to the Canadians and they used different colors for their paper
money
with bears, penguins, or whatever in the designs. For $100 you
got
wad
of multicolored Canadian bills. It was like Monopoly money.

What screwed me up was liters for gasoline. Between the exchange
rate
and trying to do liters to gallons in my head I always assumed I
was
getting screwed at the pump where the former Imperial gallons
seemed
like a bargain.

Our Aldi supermarkets, being a German company, like to make
everything
metric, hence they sell litres of milk instead of the pints I get
everywhere else,

Ours are all metric, and that's the law.

Do your lawmakers have nothing more sensible to do?

They do them all.

What? I asked why your lawmakers don't do more sensible things, other
than making everything metric, which nobody gives a **** about.

it makes price comparisons annoyingly difficult. They also do
weird
**** like putting the prices above the shelf instead of on it, I'm
always looking at the price for the wrong thing.

They don't do that here.

In every supermarket but Aldi here, the price is on the shelf which
the
item is sitting on. In Aldi however, it's on the shelf above, or
for
the
top shelf, way above it on a vertical bit.

Like I said, Aldi does it the same way all the other supermarkets do
it
here.

They do however have a nice tactic of speeding things up by
letting
you
just put one of everything on the conveyor belt, then telling them
how
many you have left in the trolley. Sometimes I guess you might
feel
the
need to er.... tell them the wrong number :-)

Ours counts them even when you tell them.

Try filling your trolley to the brim, they can't see them all then
:-)

I did that at one time, they required them to
all be on the belt so they could count them.

They did that to me a few times, then stopped again, it was slowing
down
the queue. It seems they'd rather take the risk of some cheats than
have
everyone take longer to get through the checkout and employ more
staff.

Our old silver dollars were large. The latest attempts to float
out
dollar coin have been barely distinguishable from a quarter (25
cent
piece). They never have taken off.

You currently have no dollar coin?!

Yes they do. But for some reason most don't use it presumably
because
they didn't crap all the paper $1 notes when they introduced it.

Old October 4th 18, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 05:38:25 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

rbowman wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Cant see how that is even possible. The bulk of the notes
must be handed to some shop or other in exchange for
goods and the bulk of those must be deposited in a bank
and not just stuffed under the mattress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where's_George%3F

**** you lot can be weird.

The weirdest thing I found was the government getting upset about the marks they made on the bills. ****ing clueless paperpushers.
Old October 4th 18, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 04:06:56 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 10/03/2018 04:47 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
My current (French - as in ****ty electrics) car failed the annual
safety test because it was reporting a failure of the antilock brakes.

Did the French buy Lucas?

They've always been as bad.
Old October 4th 18, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 04:05:26 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 10/03/2018 04:45 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 23:38:38 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 03:49:03 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 10/02/2018 04:44 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:27:05 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 05:45:16 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/09/2018 01:08 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I really ****ed off a horserider once. I was driving a very old
Range
Rover automatic which had a conversion to LPG. It very often
misfired,
made loud bangs, and changed gear without warning. I managed to
cause a
small explosion and a loud revving of the engine just as I
passed a
horserider coming the other way along a narrow country road. The
horse
**** itself, and so did the rider.

I did better than that... I was coming down a narrow road that went
past
a dude ranch on my Harley. Coming the other was was a herd of dudes
on
their docile refugees from a canning factory led by a genuine wild
west
cowboy. ****head's horse had a nervous breakdown while the guests'
nags
barely roused from their stupor.

it doesn't take much to set them off. I've worked with horses
enough
know most of them are a neurotic bundle of nerves. If the horse
can't
handle public roads, trailer it to a nice quiet horse trail
someplace.

Indeed. Horses on roads were fine, before the invention of the
motor
car.

They weren't actually, lots got killed by them bolting etc.

They're not the brightest of animals.

A common description around here is a cowboy is the third dumbest
critter riding the second dumbest and chasing the first dumbest.

I would agree with that statement.

I wouldn't, sheep are a lot dumber than cattle.

I'd say they were equally stupid.

No, you can turn cattle out in the forest in the spring and expect to
find most of them in the fall, minus the few that walk off cliffs etc.
Try that with sheep and the first thing they will do is find something
poisonous to eat. Then the survivors will find a fence line to pile up
against and smother half of them. The remnant will then try to drown
themselves in a creek. The hardy few survivors will get eaten by the
bears, wolves, mountain lions, and coyotes.

We do have wild bighorn sheep that can fend for themselves but centuries
of breeding have dumbed down the domestic version.

Besides, sheep are an excuse for blue heelers.

Maybe they should let the stupid sheep all die off, then the next generation will be more sensible.
Old October 4th 18, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 03:41:28 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 10/03/2018 02:55 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 04:34:06 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 10/02/2018 04:50 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:11:04 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 03:13:46 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/29/2018 03:48 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Finally, if you live in an RV you get to keep it. And modify it.
Lot
rent is quite a bit less than rental properties.

I take it RV means campervan? Those depreciate way faster than
houses.

If you don't plan on selling it who cares? Besides, as you
argued for
automobiles, buy them used after they depreciate.

Still a lot of repairs to do, like rust, and the engine of course.

Aluminum doesn't rust. RV's also include trailers so there is no
engine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recreational_vehicle

My brother had a motorhome but he towed a Toyota yacht tender behind
it.
That's a very common practice so you have a vehicle smaller than a
bus
to drive around. With the trailer, you can drop the trailer and you
have
the tow vehicle for driving around.

There are quite a few full-time RVers in the US. Some are retirees,
others are younger and find employment as they go.

https://www.outsideonline.com/185778...re-you-park-it

When I hit the road it was in a pickup similar to the 3rd photo,
rather
than a van or some of the pickups with larger camper shells. It was
inconspicuous and could go anyplace. I wandered around the western US
for a year, going to Arizona for the winter months, and then spent a
year as a Forest Service volunteer. It's an interesting life; you
learn
to travel light and improvise.

I don't understand why they're still using steel on any vehicle,

Because its much cheaper than the alternatives
and isnt hard to treat so it doesn't rust.

Yet all cars rust. After the warranty period though.

Only if you live in a swamp.

Or an island like the UK.

That's what I said...

We need to rearrange the continents on the planet. Why can't we do this by now? This is the ****ing 21st century.
Old October 4th 18, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 03:34:03 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 10/03/2018 12:21 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
ROTFPMSL! The EU strikes again!

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country
belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which
enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore
access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact
or call 866-839-6397.

That's more polite than '**** you and your GDPR, Eurotrash!'

All the GDPR seems to have done for me is cause 150 companies I've used over the past decade or so to email me asking permission to keep emailing me, which they weren't before GDPR. It annoyed me so much I added "GDPR" to my killfile, now anyone mentioning it in an email won't reach me.
Old October 4th 18, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 03:32:09 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 10/03/2018 10:02 AM, Rod Speed wrote:
The horses in the 25 horse team were all Clydesdales and none of them
were at all flighty. Even when there was a really ancient IC tractor
pulling
a line of Furphys which were making a hell of a screeching racket with
their very primitive axels. I thought that might faze the 25 horse team
but in fact they didn't turn a hair at it.

One evening at the fair the pulling competition went over its scheduled
completion time. The fireworks display, however, started promptly on
time. That was fun.

Are they as scared of them as my neighbour's dog?
Old October 4th 18, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 00:25:59 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 00:02:06 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:20:34 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 02:11:54 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/29/2018 03:41 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Cost to the customer should dictate ones further away will be less
likely to be bought, so I guess they were different carpets.

Presumably. They were all 12' rolls so I never saw the working side.
Furniture was the same deal. There still are furniture factories in
the
south eastern US while most of the furniture I loaded on the west
coast
was from Asia.

Other products weren't so easy to rationalize. I don't know about the
UK
but the Sunday papers (when people still read the Sunday papers) have
lot of colorful advertising brochures and other crap that most people
strip out and use to wrap garbage. I picked up a lot of those in
Boulder
CO to take to Baltimore MD, which is about 1600 miles. Nobody on the
east coast can print useless stuff?

The whole scheme depends on cheap transportation / cheap fuel. Keep
those container ships and trucks rolling!

If your government put as much fuel tax on it as ours did, that
wouldn't
be happening.

It happens in Britain and the EU too.

Britain isn't big enough to travel very far.

But the EU is.

Most stuff I buy is made in the UK.

Don't believe that with the food.

It is, probably mainly because of our ****ed up government introducing "local foods" advertising for the treehuggers to save transporting things. All the supermarkets seem to be proud to show off that their food is locally grown.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 10:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 08:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 17th 07 11:30 PM