Bike Shimmy/ Mystery Solved

Old October 6th 03, 02:48 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Bike Shimmy/ Mystery Solved

wretrack and tom- I believe I may have solved the mystery of the bicycle
shimmy.
It is not due to the size of the bicycle, nor is it frame material. It is
also not due to frame alignment or loose headsets, tire pressure or even
death-grip, however these may be small factors to contribute to the problem.

The dead give-away is dampener.
MOST every bicycle rider has two dampeners.
Any guess what they are?
Answer: YOUR ARMS! BRBR

By George, Watson, I think you've got it. BRBR

All bicycle framesets shake and shimmey at some speed. Most times the rider
doesn't get to that speed...but hanging onto the handlebars will prevent it at
any speed in the vast majority of instances.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old October 7th 03, 01:39 PM
Jack Fortune

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:45:20 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

The dead give-away is dampener.
MOST every bicycle rider has two dampeners.

^^^^^^^^^

A *dampener* would be something that gets things wet ;-

I think the correct word should be *damper*

Jack Fortune