Wonder if his helmet helped?

Old February 26th 16, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Wonder if his helmet helped?

Guy gets knocked off his bike and it looks like he landed on top of his helmeted head. Bewar of charging gazelles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc32IeN5wrA

Cheers
Old February 26th 16, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 26/02/16 13:14, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Guy gets knocked off his bike and it looks like he landed on top of his helmeted head. Bewar of charging gazelles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc32IeN5wrA

Gazelle? I'm sure I heard his mate say it was a holy cow.

--
JS

Old February 26th 16, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/25/2016 10:14 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Guy gets knocked off his bike and it looks like he landed on top of his helmeted head. Bewar of charging gazelles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc32IeN5wrA

Wow. And you complain about my posts!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 26th 16, 10:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

James wrote:
On 26/02/16 13:14, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Guy gets knocked off his bike and it looks like he landed on top of his
helmeted head. Bewar of charging gazelles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc32IeN5wrA

Gazelle? I'm sure I heard his mate say it was a holy cow.

Whatever it was it looks like it hurt.

--
duane
Old February 26th 16, 01:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/25/2016 9:14 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Guy gets knocked off his bike and it looks like he landed on top of his helmeted head. Bewar of charging gazelles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc32IeN5wrA

Cheers

the two-legged wildlife are no better:

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...9bb2963f4.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 26th 16, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
W. Wesley Groleau

On 02-26-2016 08:51, AMuzi wrote:

the two-legged wildlife are no better:

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...9bb2963f4.html

I've had many warnings about the hazards of this place or that place,
though I have never seen any evidence of any real danger. Nevertheless,
it gets me thinking: What would be the effect of someone attempting to
stop over a hundred kilograms traveling at thirty kilometers per hour?

If I don't slow down and keep a good grip, I suspect the one punching
would be the one falling down. But I'm not hoping for empirical
verification. :-)

--
Wes Groleau
Old February 26th 16, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 14:55:30 -0500, "W. Wesley Groleau"
wrote:

I've had many warnings about the hazards of this place or that place,
though I have never seen any evidence of any real danger. Nevertheless,
it gets me thinking: What would be the effect of someone attempting to
stop over a hundred kilograms traveling at thirty kilometers per hour?

If I don't slow down and keep a good grip, I suspect the one punching
would be the one falling down. But I'm not hoping for empirical
verification. :-)

A mugger doesn't need to stop you -- all he needs to do is to shove
you as you pass and let gravity and your own kinetic energy do the
rest of the job.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/