A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

And other liberal heavens



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old November 2nd 17, 08:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,967
Default And other liberal heavens

On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 19:00:15 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 09:09:24 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

9. 21 radio stations in LA are Spanish- speaking.


Knowing a little about radio, I take issue with #9.
There are 98 FM and 47 AM stations in Smog Angeles area:
http://www.radiolineup.com/locate/Los-Angeles-CA
I count 19 stations out of 145, or 13% that have "Spanish" or
"Mexican" somewhere in the description. That's a rather small
percentage of Spanish language stations in an area that is 47.5%
"Latino or Hispanic":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Los_Angeles

Also, I'm usually suspicious of factoids and figures without sources.
The numbers might be somewhat right, but offhand seem to be rather
inflated or distorted as in the radio station example.

Anyway, it doesn't matter as I couldn't find the original article
searching through the L.A. Times. There are other articles in the
L.A. Times indicating that it might be a hoax. From 2008:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2008/07/immigration-sta.html
Better yet, Snopes says it is mostly a hoax:
https://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp


Obviously some sort of damned lie. I mean, everybody who knows
anything at all knows that them wet backs is causing real problems.
Don't need no stinking snoops to prove that.

The stupid Snoops doesn't even know that dark hued president we just
got rid of was the cause of all the modern America's problems. Lucky
we didn't re elect that fella.

So There!
--
Cheers,

John B.

Ads
  #12  
Old November 2nd 17, 03:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,428
Default And other liberal heavens

On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 9:08:44 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 12:52:29 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/1/2017 12:09 PM, wrote:
This may not only open your eyes about the state of CA, but also give you an appreciation of why the (soon to be Spanish) state of CA. wants to separate from the 50 nation Union and become its own fiefdom with Brown and Pelosi pulling the strings!

IF TRUE, THIS IS THE LARGEST INSANE ASYLUM IN THE WORLD !!!
(And to think they are getting away with it. READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH, people, WE are the dummies!!! )

Interesting that the LA Times did this!! Lou Dobbs reported this on CNN and it cost him his job. The only network we would see this on would be FOX. All the others are staying away from it. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican, this should be of great interest to you!

From the L.A. Times.

1. 40% of all workers in LA County (10.2 million people) are working for cash; and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens..

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals; and they are here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in LA are Spanish- speaking.

10. In LA County, 5.1 million people speak English; 3.9 million, speak Spanish. (There are 10.2 million people, in LA County.)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States' annual population growth, (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York), results from immigration. Also, 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

Does anyone realize that this is what liberals intend to happen in every state in the union?

http://tinyurl.com/y8dc4ebh


Aren't you the guy with the formal education that never contributed anything of worth to society using that education?


Wow, that's a particularly un-Christian low-blow. As a professor, I imagine Frank has probably had a larger impact on society than most of us.

When it comes to work activities, most all of us could have been replaced by the next resume down in the pile. Claiming that some wage-slave on a development team is socially important because he or she helped bring a product to market is hubris. "I'm the guy who fixed Neil Armstrong's car! I put America on the moon!" Tom, how many patents do you hold? I didn't see any over at the USPTO. Must be nice living in the lap of luxury on that royalty income.

-- Jay Beattie.

  #13  
Old November 2nd 17, 04:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,329
Default And other liberal heavens

On 11/2/2017 12:39 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 5:07:25 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 15:52:25 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 11/1/2017 12:09 PM,
drooled:

snip
Does anyone realize that this is what liberals intend to happen in
every state in the union?

http://tinyurl.com/y8dc4ebh


Egad. Tom, you're just getting nuttier. I'd say you're starting to
challenge Gene in the incoherence sweepstakes, except he knows what he's
talking about...

BTW, you're attributing an ability to plan and organize far beyond what
most groups of us liberals can manage. You've noted, I would hope, that
while the Democrats gripe endlessly about the ills of the Republican
Party (which are many and frightening) and the craziness of Trump (which
is frequent and frightening), there is an extreme shortage of ideas from
them.

That's the electorate's fault. We keep selecting candidates through the
primary system who can't find their way out of a paper bag, let alone
generate sensible policy. H.L. Mencken was not wrong in many of his
observations...


Tell me Tim - what exactly do you believe I was incoherent?


I don't think Tim can answer that question. It's too incoherent.


--
- Frank Krygowski
  #14  
Old November 3rd 17, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,827
Default And other liberal heavens

On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 19:35:20 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/1/2017 7:07 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 15:52:25 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 11/1/2017 12:09 PM, drooled:

snip Does anyone realize that this is what liberals intend to
happen in every state in the union?

http://tinyurl.com/y8dc4ebh


Egad. Tom, you're just getting nuttier. I'd say you're starting to
challenge Gene in the incoherence sweepstakes, except he knows what
he's talking about...

BTW, you're attributing an ability to plan and organize far beyond
what most groups of us liberals can manage. You've noted, I would
hope, that while the Democrats gripe endlessly about the ills of the
Republican Party (which are many and frightening) and the craziness
of Trump (which is frequent and frightening), there is an extreme
shortage of ideas from them.

That's the electorate's fault. We keep selecting candidates through
the primary system who can't find their way out of a paper bag, let
alone generate sensible policy. H.L. Mencken was not wrong in many
of his observations...



+1 I might add, " while the Repugnicans gripe endlessly about the ills
of the Democrat Party (which are many and frightening) and the
craziness of Trump (which is frequent and frightening), there is an
extreme shortage of ideas from them. "

I'll see your Chuckie Schumer and raise one Jeff the Flake.


LOL!
  #15  
Old November 3rd 17, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,827
Default And other liberal heavens

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:54:46 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 11/2/2017 12:39 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 5:07:25 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara
wrote:
On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 15:52:25 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 11/1/2017 12:09 PM,
drooled:

snip Does anyone realize that this is what liberals intend to
happen in every state in the union?

http://tinyurl.com/y8dc4ebh

Egad. Tom, you're just getting nuttier. I'd say you're starting to
challenge Gene in the incoherence sweepstakes, except he knows what
he's talking about...

BTW, you're attributing an ability to plan and organize far beyond
what most groups of us liberals can manage. You've noted, I would
hope, that while the Democrats gripe endlessly about the ills of the
Republican Party (which are many and frightening) and the craziness
of Trump (which is frequent and frightening), there is an extreme
shortage of ideas from them.

That's the electorate's fault. We keep selecting candidates through
the primary system who can't find their way out of a paper bag, let
alone generate sensible policy. H.L. Mencken was not wrong in many
of his observations...


Tell me Tim - what exactly do you believe I was incoherent?


I don't think Tim can answer that question. It's too incoherent.


It's not that. It's that there are just too many places to start
unraveling the nonsense in Tom's political thinking. And ultimately
there's no point. He's got a head full of manufactured drivel and
believes it's all true...
  #16  
Old November 3rd 17, 09:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
somebody[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 193
Default And other liberal heavens

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 09:09:24 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

This may not only open your eyes about the state of CA, but also give you an appreciation of why the (soon to be Spanish) state of CA. wants to separate from the 50 nation Union and become its own fiefdom with Brown and Pelosi pulling the strings!

IF TRUE, THIS IS THE LARGEST INSANE ASYLUM IN THE WORLD !!!
(And to think they are getting away with it. READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH, people, WE are the dummies!!! )

Interesting that the LA Times did this!! Lou Dobbs reported this on CNN and it cost him his job. The only network we would see this on would be FOX. All the others are staying away from it. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican, this should be of great interest to you!

From the L.A. Times.

1. 40% of all workers in LA County (10.2 million people) are working for cash; and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals; and they are here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in LA are Spanish- speaking.

10. In LA County, 5.1 million people speak English; 3.9 million, speak Spanish. (There are 10.2 million people, in LA County.)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States' annual population growth, (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York), results from immigration. Also, 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

Does anyone realize that this is what liberals intend to happen in every state in the union?


How is this news? Things have been like this for a long time. Or are
prople just starting to notice?

And FWIW, The People's Republik of New York is nuts, too. At least
our politicians have the decency to get caught every now and then.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

  #17  
Old November 3rd 17, 10:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,377
Default And other liberal heavens

Tim McNamara wrote:
On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:54:46 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 11/2/2017 12:39 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 5:07:25 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara
wrote:
On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 15:52:25 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 11/1/2017 12:09 PM,
drooled:

snip Does anyone realize that this is what liberals intend to
happen in every state in the union?

http://tinyurl.com/y8dc4ebh

Egad. Tom, you're just getting nuttier. I'd say you're starting to
challenge Gene in the incoherence sweepstakes, except he knows what
he's talking about...

BTW, you're attributing an ability to plan and organize far beyond
what most groups of us liberals can manage. You've noted, I would
hope, that while the Democrats gripe endlessly about the ills of the
Republican Party (which are many and frightening) and the craziness
of Trump (which is frequent and frightening), there is an extreme
shortage of ideas from them.

That's the electorate's fault. We keep selecting candidates through
the primary system who can't find their way out of a paper bag, let
alone generate sensible policy. H.L. Mencken was not wrong in many
of his observations...

Tell me Tim - what exactly do you believe I was incoherent?


I don't think Tim can answer that question. It's too incoherent.


It's not that. It's that there are just too many places to start
unraveling the nonsense in Tom's political thinking. And ultimately
there's no point. He's got a head full of manufactured drivel and
believes it's all true...


Sounds presidential.

--
duane
  #18  
Old November 5th 17, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,374
Default And other liberal heavens



https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/l...er-indictments

Manafort, Russian Agent, is NEGOTIATING bail options !


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thank heavens for super-accurate cyclocomputers! [email protected] Techniques 13 November 16th 11 07:23 AM
Obama selects muff-munching liberal for SCOTUS. [email protected] General 0 May 26th 09 05:26 PM
Tom Sherman - liberal, socialist, communist! Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 21 August 20th 07 09:22 AM
DOES ANYONE SMELL SMOKE? ANOTHER LIBERAL CAUGHT DOING DRUGS...ROTFLMAO! [email protected] UK 3 August 24th 05 11:22 PM
OT Political Stuff: Embrace the Liberal Label! Philip W. Moore, Jr. Racing 21 November 3rd 04 07:43 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.