More Mountain Biking Propaganda Posing as Science

Old May 23rd 12, 02:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
charley

Default More Mountain Biking Propaganda Posing as Science

ed dolan:

What you don’t get is just about everything. Any group which doesn't
condemn
mountain biking deserves to get ****ed up. That goes for you too - you dumb
asshole!

such grown up language! your mother would be so proud, if she sobered
up long enough to read your posts. too bad they didnt know how bad
alcohol affected the brain of fetuses like your's when you were in the
womb.

but in reponse to your quote above - really? "any group"? i am a
woodworker and sal****er angler too, do those groups have to condemn
mountain biking? too funny - its just you two! i guess your efforts
aren't too convincing, about as successful as Mike's fighting auto
dependency. yawn.

in my past 10 yrs of backpacking i have passed exactly one mountain
biker. its very easy to avoid the areas they frequent. no problem for
me, and when i do hike in areas where it is permitted i still see the
same wildlife. hardly apocalyptic.

all i know is that 22 of the last 25 posts in rec.backpacker are MV's
rambling tirades that exactly nobody other than you support.
therefore, you are wasting your time arguing with "the enemy", with
not one single convert, you would think you would focus your efforts
on some other area, like maybe you should try convincing 3rd graders
that MTBing is horrible and divert them at an early stage. that way,
you keep the fresh meat from entering the sport and eventually it will
die out, and as an added bonus you would be conversing with people on
your same mental level. all you have proven here is that your puny
cranial capacity cant match the ones you try to convert.

Einstein had it right, doing the same thing over and over and
expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. you two
are proof!

Old May 24th 12, 04:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On May 23, 6:12*am, charley wrote:
ed dolan:

What you don’t get is just about everything. Any group which doesn't
condemn

mountain biking deserves to get ****ed up. That goes for you too - you dumb
asshole!

such grown up language!

It's the only kind you understand.

*your mother would be so proud, if she sobered
up long enough to read your posts. *too bad they didnt know how bad
alcohol affected the brain of fetuses like your's when you were in the
womb.

but *in reponse to your quote above - really? *"any group"? *i am a
woodworker and sal****er angler too, do those groups have to condemn
mountain biking? *too funny - its just you two! *i guess your efforts
aren't too convincing, about as successful as Mike's fighting auto
dependency. * yawn.

in my past 10 yrs of backpacking i have passed exactly one mountain
biker. *its very easy to avoid the areas they frequent. no problem for
me,

Obviously, you only care about yourself. Intelligent people don't
restrict their caring to their own skin.

and when i do hike in areas where it is permitted i still see the
same wildlife. *hardly apocalyptic.

That's not what the science says.

all i know is that 22 of the last 25 posts in rec.backpacker are MV's
rambling tirades that exactly nobody other than you support.
therefore, you are wasting your time arguing with "the enemy", with
not one single convert, you would think you would focus your efforts
on some other area, like maybe you should try convincing 3rd graders
that MTBing is horrible and divert them at an early stage. *that way,
you keep the fresh meat from entering the sport and eventually it will
die out, and as an added bonus you would be conversing with people on
your same mental level. all you have proven here is that your puny
cranial capacity cant match the ones you try to convert.

Einstein had it right, doing the same thing over and over and
expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. you two
are proof!

We are more charitable. We never give up hope that you are teachable,
even though your teachers obviously gave up long ago.
Old May 25th 12, 04:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom $herman (-_-)

On 5/23/2012 8:12 AM, charley wrote:
ed dolan:

What you don�t get is just about everything. Any group which doesn't
condemn
mountain biking deserves to get ****ed up. That goes for you too - you dumb
asshole!

such grown up language! your mother would be so proud, if she sobered
up long enough to read your posts. too bad they didnt know how bad
alcohol affected the brain of fetuses like your's when you were in the
womb.

but in reponse to your quote above - really? "any group"? i am a
woodworker and sal****er angler too, do those groups have to condemn
mountain biking? too funny - its just you two! i guess your efforts
aren't too convincing, about as successful as Mike's fighting auto
dependency. yawn.[...]

Ed Dolan just likes to stir the pot.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!
Old May 25th 12, 03:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On May 24, 8:54*pm, "Tom $herman (-_-)" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

Tom Sherman just likes to LIE. Like ALL mountain bikers.
Old May 25th 12, 11:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Tom $herman (-_-)" wrote in message ...

[...]

I have to laugh. I think I must have some kind of 6th sense since I can spot
an asshole like Charley from the get-go. I am never wrong as his subsequent
post proves.

I think he identified himself a belonging to a backpacking group. That is
the precisely the sort of group that should be condemning mountain biking.
If he is not doing that, then he is indeed a dumb asshole. That is not
stirring the pot, that is calling it like it is!

Ed Dolan the Great

Old May 26th 12, 12:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On May 25, 3:33*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom $herman (-_-)" *wrote in ...

[...]

AMEN. DUH! (They don't understand words with more than one syl-la-ble.)
Old May 26th 12, 02:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
charley

On May 25, 5:33*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom $herman (-_-)" *wrote in ...

[...]

nice try couch potato - let me know when you guys get mountain biking
banned. again mike - how is that auto dependency thing working out?
FAIL funny thing is, you do absolutely nothing to fight MTBing other
than cross post on the internet, hohum. not too effective for ya,
eh? and all mike does is the same thing but then take a hand saw into
the woods near his home and threaten people once in a while. cant get
anything done sitting on your ass in front of a computer all day, can
you? but we all know you two are wholly incapable of doing one iota to
actually stop mountain biking other than talk big on the internet.
gotta go boys - planning my next grizzly bear country adventure - one
in montana and another in alaska. expect to see many bears and no
bikes. you just sit back in your recliner and read a Nat Geo, thats
the closest you will ever get to real wilderness.
Old May 26th 12, 05:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On May 26, 6:37*am, charley wrote:
[...]

You obviously know nothing about me. Just like a mountain biker:
pretend that what you think or wish is reality. There's a term for
that: psychosis.

- let me know when you guys get mountain biking
banned.

We already have. It is excluded from most of the world's trails, even
in Marin County where mountain biking was born.

*again mike - how is that auto dependency thing working out?
FAIL *funny thing is, you do absolutely nothing to fight MTBing other
than cross post on the internet,

You obviously know nothing about me, and don't bother to check your
facts.But what can we expect from someone afraid to even use his real
name? You are advertizing yourself as someone who should be ignored.

*hohum. not too effective for ya,
eh? *and all mike does is the same thing but then take a hand saw into
the woods near his home and threaten people once in a while.

Never happened, of course. It's very sad and funny, that you get your
"facts" from mountain bikers! No one who knows anything about mountain
bikers would believe a single thing they say! It is IMPOSSIBLE to
mountain bike and also tell the truth. They are incompatible.

*cant get
anything done sitting on your ass in front of a computer all day, can
you? but we all know you two are wholly incapable of doing one iota to
actually stop mountain biking other than talk big on the internet.
gotta go boys - planning my next grizzly bear country adventure - one
in montana and another in alaska.

And no doubt travelling by motor vehicle, eh, hypocrite?

*expect to see many bears and no
bikes. *you just sit back in your recliner and read a Nat Geo, thats
the closest you will ever get to real wilderness.

You obviously know nothing about me. Just like a mountain biker:
pretend that what you think or wish is reality. There's a term for
that: psychosis. I've never owned nor used a "recliner", nor
subscribed to National Geographic. I only read real science, something
you obviously know nothing about.

Keep making yourself look like the fool that you are. You are only
helping my cause.
Old May 27th 12, 05:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"charley" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

I have to laugh. I think I must have some kind of 6th sense since I can
spot
an asshole like Charley from the get-go. I am never wrong as his
subsequent
post proves.

I think he identified himself as belonging to a backpacking group. That is
precisely the sort of group that should be condemning mountain biking.
If he is not doing that, then he is indeed a dumb asshole. That is not
stirring the pot, that is calling it like it is!

[...]

gotta go boys - planning my next grizzly bear country adventure - one

in montana and another in alaska. expect to see many bears and no
bikes. you just sit back in your recliner and read a Nat Geo, thats
the closest you will ever get to real wilderness.

I am fed up with the wilderness because of fools like you. You leave nothing
but ruin and wreck wherever you go. The whole world is going to hell because
of your greed and lack of regard for the natural environment. I hope a
grizzly bear takes you out. The world will be an infinitely better place
without you.

Ed Dolan the Great

Old May 28th 12, 03:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
charley

On May 26, 11:49*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"charley" *wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

oh you are such a fool, and a useless one at that. i have practiced no
trace hiking and surfing my whole life, whereas all you do is leave
your fat assprint in your couch. on oh yes - i hunt and fish too! i
am sure you just love the fact that i also sustainably harvest the
earths fauna. so the whole worls is going to hell because of people
like me??? LOL!