Cyclocross Toe Overlap - 26 inch front wheel solution?

Old August 12th 04, 06:23 PM
James

Default Cyclocross Toe Overlap - 26 inch front wheel solution?

I have a 54 cm frame (Jamis Nova). I have toe overlap. I thought one
way I could fix it would be to put a 26 inch mnt bike tire on front.
What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?

James
Old August 12th 04, 06:57 PM
S o r n i

James wrote:
I have a 54 cm frame (Jamis Nova). I have toe overlap. I thought one
way I could fix it would be to put a 26 inch mnt bike tire on front.
What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?

Advantage: less drastic than chopping off toes.

Disadvantage: much more endo-prone?

Bill "not to mention looking silly" S.

Old August 12th 04, 07:56 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old August 12th 04, 10:43 PM
A.Lee

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:23:27 -0700, James wrote:

I have a 54 cm frame (Jamis Nova). I have toe overlap. I thought one
way I could fix it would be to put a 26 inch mnt bike tire on front.
What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?

Mine does exactly the same, and I was well put out by it at first, but you
soon get the hang of it, and I cant reacll my foot hitting the wheel in
over a year now.
Alan.

http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.

Old August 13th 04, 12:13 AM
R.White

"S o r n i" wrote in message ...
James wrote:
I have a 54 cm frame (Jamis Nova). I have toe overlap. I thought one
way I could fix it would be to put a 26 inch mnt bike tire on front.
What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?

Advantage: less drastic than chopping off toes.

Disadvantage: much more endo-prone?

Another advantage is you'll always be going downhill.