What colour is the new 36" Nimbus?

Old February 28th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
redwelly

Default What colour is the new 36" Nimbus?

I'm sure the answer would just be to ask Roger.

I know he was using some brand of car touch-up paint to do some minor
spots on his prototype Nimbus 36 frame before painted full production
ones were around. So I guess that there is a 'Mazda Azure Blue' or
somesuch which matches the colour well.

Sam

--
redwelly

"Sometimes you feel like pizza, somethings you feel like chocolate,
sometimes you feel like throwing up, so it's really nice to be able to
pick and choose." - Ken Looi, -GizmoDuck-
redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518

Old February 28th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

My coker will soon be powdercoated with the australian flag design on
it. Me like very much.

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian destined to be different
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old February 28th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
underdog

Hazmat wrote:
My coker will soon be powdercoated with the australian flag design on
it. Me like very much.

Be sure to post pix when it's done.

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Old February 28th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

redwelly wrote:
I'm sure the answer would just be to ask Roger.

I know he was using some brand of car touch-up paint to do some minor
spots on his prototype Nimbus 36 frame before painted full production
ones were around. So I guess that there is a 'Mazda Azure Blue' or
somesuch which matches the colour well.

Sam

Yes, I knew Roger would know the answer, but I also know he reads stuff
in here, so thought it might benefit others. I've emailed him anyway,
so if he doesn't reply in here, I'll let you all know.

I suspect that as the frame is powder coated rather than sprayed that
it is probably a RAL colour rather than a car colour... but we'll see

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078

Old March 1st 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

I'd certainly like to know the color. My Nimbus has a couple scratches.

Twice I've tried using model paint from the hobby shop. It looked
perfect in the bottle, but when applied, not even close.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken ... a recreational unicyclist... Please wear a helmet!
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Old March 1st 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mscalisi

Personally, I think between KH unicycles, and now the Nimbus 36er, there
is too much blue in the unicycle community.

Why not just paint the whole thing a different color. Like orange :-)

--
mscalisi

Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha

mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old March 1st 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

mscalisi wrote:
Personally, I think between KH unicycles, and now the Nimbus 36er, there
is too much blue in the unicycle community.

Why not just paint the whole thing a different color. Like orange :-)

Or lilac.

--
cathwood

Cathy

Old March 1st 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

cathwood wrote:
Or lilac.

or pink

or green

or go like muniaddict's kh24 and just strip everything off of it.

you could call it a naked cok

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

dforbes wrote:
Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
to watch we don't land in dog poop.....

Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Old March 2nd 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Well, for those of you interested, I've got the official answer from
Roger;

We don't do spare paints, sorry about that. The colour is
specified as
YS-PC-20176 it does not have a ral number from what I can tell but it
may be possible to find one with a little bit of searching on the
net.

I've not been able to track it down on the net, but will have a bit
more of a search this weekend.

STM