During and after Naucc 08 discussion thread

Old July 9th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Default During and after Naucc 08 discussion thread

Any info on results?

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old July 9th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Kelly Hickman placed first in trials and high jump (he actually tied the
world record for over a bar) and thats all we know so far.

I filmed all of the expert street and flat competitions and I'll be
uploading that footage soon. I tweaked my ankle pretty bad repeatedly
attempting to grind a 7 set in the street comp after totally bombing my
first run. I can barely walk so I won't be riding much so it should give
me plenty of time to get all these pictures and videos up.

To be completing honest, I was expecting something much more grand from
NAUCC. Its all been pretty low key with almost no spectators and
everything has been really unorganized. The street competition should
have been at the skate park.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://www.projectuni.com/?page_id=9)-* - Follow the 'progress.'
(http://www.projectuni.com)

'Not fond of benches.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEfoS_i-6lI)
Old July 9th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

27547

|Filename: NAUCC Trials Street Flat_0441.jpg |

Old July 9th 08, 08:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

And heres Kelly finishing up the last trials line and taking the win.
Please note that he did it all with plastic pedals. Odyssey Twisted
PCs.

27552

|Filename: NAUCC Trials Street Flat_0251.jpg |

Old July 9th 08, 08:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

Wow I had no idea Kelly was a sidehoper. And so good at it, what did he
get?

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

Old July 9th 08, 08:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

Brian O. wrote:
27547

That pic might be the best uni pic I have EVER seen.

--
unicycledood

Old July 9th 08, 08:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

unicycledood wrote:
That pic might be the best uni pic I have EVER seen.

Thanks, I really appreciate that. If anyone wants higher resolution
versions of any of these pictures for desktop backgrounds or anything
just send me a PM. I've got them up to 2304x3456 pixels in size.

Old July 9th 08, 08:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

There was a pretty short intense storm that rolled through at about the
time we were trying to start the high jump. Heres a shot of the clouds
approaching just before it hit us.

27553

|Filename: StormSmall.jpg |

Old July 9th 08, 08:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

Brian O. wrote:
Please note that he did it all with plastic pedals. Odyssey Twisted PCs.

But because they're orange they have more grip. Just like skateboards go
faster when you put stickers on the deck.

Don't you know anything Brian?

Did Kelly have to jump from there to the roof? or was he on the way
down?

--
zfreak220

-Conrad
Old July 9th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

zfreak220 wrote:
Did Kelly have to jump from there to the roof? or was he on the way
down?

Yeah, to the roof. Forrest Rowell and Max (not sure of his last name)
tied for second. They both got all but this last line.

EDIT: There was a tie breaker actually but I'm not positive who won it.
I think it may have been Forrest.