FS: 62 cm Faggin

Old August 12th 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tom Kunich

Default FS: 62 cm Faggin

62 cm Faggin Road Bike. One of the great Italian marks.

It weighs in at exactly 21 lbs. This is one pound heavier than my Time VX
Elite.

Email for photos.

The equipment shown below is either new or in very good shape.

Shifters: Dura Ace 9-Speed
Derailleur's: Ultegra
BB: Ultegra
Cranks: Ritchey Compact
Wheels: Shimano 540
Bars: ITM Pro
Stem: 3T Mutant
Saddle: Specialized Body Geometry
Seat Post: Thompson
no pedals

Faggin was one of the finest bikes from the Venetian area of Italy. Other
great bikes from this region are
Basso and Bataglin. All three were absolutely marvelous bikes though they
didn't have the reputation of the
Colnagos, Masis or De Rosas from Lombardy. Having ridden them all and owned
most of these manufacturers
I can tell you that the Faggin and the Basso are the best bikes I've ridden
bar none.

Steel rides better than anything else and gives you a road feel that no
other material offers. What's more
it can be repaired properly by almost any framebuilder. Try getting a carbon
fiber frame repaired.

For those interested I found this on the Internet:

Faggin Bicycles

1) I worked for Torelli imports in the mid 80s. We brought in hundreds of
Faggins. They were very nice racing bikes
hand built by the family in Italy. Bill, owner of Torelli, showed me photos
of the Faggin shop. There were two daughters
and a son who worked on cutting, mitering, and brazing the frames. The old
man, a former pro racer I believe, oversaw
everything and did some of the work himself too. The mother cooked and cared
for the crew.

The family lived upstairs and the frame building shop was downstairs. Their
commute to work was hell! The painting and
chrome work were sourced out to a near by specialty shop.

2) Leandro Faggin was a top pro. He was three time world champion on the
track and also won two Olympic gold medals in 1956:

He passed away at 37 years of age in 1970.

62 cm Faggin Tom Kunich Marketplace 2 February 25th 09 06:38 PM
FS: 62 cm Faggin Tom Kunich Marketplace 0 December 14th 08 04:44 PM
Information On Faggin Tom Kunich Marketplace 1 November 13th 08 07:53 PM
FS: 62 cm Faggin Tom Kunich Marketplace 0 October 29th 08 11:43 PM
FS: 61cm Faggin w/Campy Chorus Frankie Marketplace 0 August 10th 04 05:06 PM