anyone clean snapped a seat off ur seat post while hopping?

Old May 1st 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default anyone clean snapped a seat off ur seat post while hopping?

i was going for a simple ride along a nice level bush track, hopping
over what ever i felt, when i jumped up ,and snapped my seat post,
just below where is joins the seat, i should include a pic, but cant,
my uni is a Qu-ax 24"
has this ever happened to anyone else? i think it would have, and what
should i do for getting a new one? get teh KH aluminium post with rail
adapter and fusion saddle or what? maximum quality for minimum cost are
my rules

thanks in advance

--
silverfridge

GOD SPEED!
silverfridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11533

Old May 1st 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

silverfridge wrote:
i should include a pic, but cant, my uni is a Qu-ax 24"

why cant you include a pic

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.

Help yourself to anything in the fridge.

And please don't feed the clowns.

dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old May 1st 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It happens alot, get a CrMo seatpost (not aluminium alloy) for around
£10, if you break that in the near future then you may have to consider
going more extreme, but I wouldnt yet.

--
kington99

Dave

Old May 1st 06, 11:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i broke my standard kh post on a lil rolling hop...get a thomson

--
giraffe

evil-nick wrote:
Trials biker after seeing me jump off a concrete barrier: "How do you
keep from squashing your nuts!?"
Me: "I use those for cushioning!"

giraffe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9372

Old May 1st 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah i broke my second kh aluminum seatpost the other day. Really
annoying because there are no chro-mo seatposts in stock anywhere. I
have bought a temporary aluminum one while i wait for Roger to get some
chro-mo ones in (he said about a month).

Is a thompson/rail adaptor setup much heavier than a regular seatpost?

Cheers,
Max

--
max_pfeifer

NO I WILL NOT DO A F@#!ING BACKFLIP
max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

Old May 1st 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

it aint hard to snap a cromo, its easier to snap an alu.
thompson is damn strong, so the extra weight dont count.

--
muzzle

sig.
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Old May 1st 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've broken three seatposts (KH stock) hopping. I've also yanked the
screws on the saddle clean out of the casing.

--
MilkParrot
MilkParrot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8340

Old May 1st 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

never broken a seat post but i can tell you that you should definately
get a thompson/carbon combo for your uni if you dont wanna braek it
anymore.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
[image: http://tinyurl.com/qz2fv ]

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old May 2nd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

no, but ive snapped my frame will hopping

--
manon1wheel

Riley
James_Potter-
I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Old May 2nd 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

that happened to me... qu-ax 20'' red hub...
it sucks...
i was jumping over my friend jesus, who was already really brave to
volunteer...
and it broke right in my hand...
i have pics of it broke i can post later...
then i did a new seat... aluminum... with the form of qu-ax one... so i
used the same leather and foam from the broken one...

jesus is fine... somehow that kid never gets hurt... (o:

--
zaro

it was like that when i got here...
zaro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11517

Thomson seat post mornish Unicycling 12 April 17th 06 03:30 AM
adjusting a rusted-into-place seat post LikeableRodent Unicycling 13 April 6th 06 02:14 AM
An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or wrong) David Recumbent Biking 65 December 21st 04 06:42 AM
How To Stop Seat Post Sliding Scott Ehardt Techniques 22 November 5th 04 04:59 PM