Tour-de-France stage 8 summary

Old July 9th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Tour-de-France stage 8 summary

Changes in stage 8 compared to stage 7

Biggest gainers by position :
+39 Sylvain Calzati
+6 Patrice Halgand
+1 Mario Aerts
+1 Kjelt Carlström
+1 David Zabriskie

Biggest losers by position :
-1 Alexandre Botcharov
-1 Axel Merckx
-1 Benjamin Noval
-1 Benoît Vaugrenard
-1 Bert Grabsch
-1 Christian Knees
-1 Christophe Brandt
-1 Cristian Moreni
-1 Damiano Cunego
-1 David Canada
-1 Denis Menchov

Biggest gainers by time :
+2:39 Sylvain Calzati
+0:24 Kjelt Carlström
+0:18 Patrice Halgand
+0:10 David Zabriskie
+0:08 Mario Aerts
+0:06 Samuel Dumoulin
+0:04 Jose Vicente Garcia Acosta
+0:02 Jens Voigt

Biggest losers by time :
-0:55 Daniele Righi

Favourites by position :
-1 Stefano Garzelli
-1 Michael Boogerd
-1 Levi Leipheimer
-1 Iban Mayo
-1 Gilberto Simoni
-1 Georg Totschnig
-1 Denis Menchov
-1 Damiano Cunego

Favourites by time :

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Serguei Gonchar 34.38.53
2 Floyd Landis 1.00
3 Michael Rogers 1.08
6 Andreas Klöden 1.50
8 Cadel Evans 1.52
10 Denis Menchov 2.00
12 Christophe Moreau 2.07
13 Paolo Savoldelli 2.10
16 Carlos Sastre 2.27
17 George Hincapie 2.30
38 Georg Totschnig 4.33
48 Michael Boogerd 5.29
49 Gilberto Simoni 5.34
52 Stefano Garzelli 5.39
59 Iban Mayo 6.11
63 Levi Leipheimer 6.17
76 Damiano Cunego 7.06
77 Pietro Caucchioli 7.14
125 David Moncoutié 12.15

Retirements to date :
Caisse d'Epargne-Illes Balears Alejandro Valverde DNF 3
Davitamon-Lotto Fred Rodriguez DNF 3
Liquigas Danilo Di Luca DNS 2
Milram Fabio Sacchi DNS 6
Rabobank Erik Dekker DNF 3
Team CSC Bobby Julich DNF 7
Total retirements : 6

Old July 9th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scoot

Bob Martin wrote:
Changes in stage 8 compared to stage 7

[snipped rest of post]

Thanks for the update. Haven't watched todays stage yet. I'll see it
tonight at 7central.
Anything extraordinary happen today? Or are we still watching riders
pace themselves in anticipation of the Wednesday Mtn. stage?

Take care

Scoot
SDG