Tour-de-France stage 9 summary

Old July 11th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Tour-de-France stage 9 summary

Changes in stage 9 compared to stage 8

Biggest gainers by position :
+7 Oscar Freire
+6 Simon Gerrans
+6 Iker Camano
+6 Carlos Da Cruz
+5 Tadej Valjavec
+5 Steven De Jongh
+5 Robbie McEwen
+5 Nicolas Jalabert
+5 Mirko Celestino
+5 Miguel Angel Martin Perdiguero

Biggest losers by position :
-17 Inigo Landaluze
-13 Christian Knees
-12 Paolo Tiralongo
-10 Patrick Calcagni
-9 Koos Moerenhout
-9 Levi Leipheimer
-9 Pierrick Fedrigo
-8 Bert Grabsch
-6 Juan Manuel Garate
-6 Juan Miguel Mercado
-6 Samuel Dumoulin

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:20 Oscar Freire
+0:12 Robbie McEwen
+0:08 Erik Zabel

Biggest losers by time :
-7:52 Daniele Righi
-7:52 Jimmy Engoulvent
-6:05 Sébastien Joly
-5:23 Wim Vansevenant
-3:29 Anthony Charteau
-2:30 Patrick Calcagni
-2:13 Stéphane Auge
-1:45 Bram De Groot
-1:45 Bram Tankink
-1:45 Christophe Mengin
-1:45 David Lopez

Favourites by position :
+4 Stefano Garzelli
+3 David Moncoutié
+2 Paolo Savoldelli
+2 Gilberto Simoni
+2 Christophe Moreau
+1 Georg Totschnig
+1 Damiano Cunego
+1 Cadel Evans
+1 Andreas Klöden
-2 Michael Boogerd
-2 Iban Mayo
-2 Denis Menchov
-4 Pietro Caucchioli
-9 Levi Leipheimer

Favourites by time :
-0:13 Pietro Caucchioli
-0:13 Michael Boogerd
-0:13 Iban Mayo
-0:13 Denis Menchov
-0:26 Levi Leipheimer
-0:26 David Moncoutié

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Serguei Gonchar 38.14.17
2 Floyd Landis 1.00
3 Michael Rogers 1.08
5 Andreas Klöden 1.50
7 Cadel Evans 1.52
10 Christophe Moreau 2.07
11 Paolo Savoldelli 2.10
12 Denis Menchov 2.13
16 Carlos Sastre 2.27
17 George Hincapie 2.30
37 Georg Totschnig 4.33
47 Gilberto Simoni 5.34
48 Stefano Garzelli 5.39
50 Michael Boogerd 5.42
61 Iban Mayo 6.24
72 Levi Leipheimer 6.43
75 Damiano Cunego 7.06
81 Pietro Caucchioli 7.27
122 David Moncoutié 12.41

Retirements to date :
Caisse d'Epargne-Illes Balears Alejandro Valverde DNF 3
Davitamon-Lotto Fred Rodriguez DNF 3
Liquigas Danilo Di Luca DNS 2
Milram Fabio Sacchi DNS 6
Rabobank Erik Dekker DNF 3
Team CSC Bobby Julich DNF 7
Total retirements : 6

Old July 12th 06, 10:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

Default Where are you pulling your data from? (was Tour-de-France stage 9 summary)

in message , Bob Martin
') wrote:

Changes in stage 9 compared to stage 8

[snip: excellent stuff]

I've been scraping data from cyclingnews.com and using PERL scripts to
parse it into something usable. I'm doing OK but it isn't by any means
perfect yet. I was wondering if you got your data from somewhere that's
easier to parse?

Due to financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel
has been switched off.

Old July 12th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 513301 20060712 103858 Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Bob Martin
') wrote:

Changes in stage 9 compared to stage 8

[snip: excellent stuff]

I've been scraping data from cyclingnews.com and using PERL scripts to
parse it into something usable. I'm doing OK but it isn't by any means
perfect yet. I was wondering if you got your data from somewhere that's
easier to parse?

No, CN, same as you. It took me a whole season to get it reasonably robust
and I still have to tweak it from time to time.
(It's written in Rexx running under OS/2).