A Cub Reporter’s Casebook of Unimportant Interviews: Franki Krygowski's legs

Old September 6th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default A Cub Reporter’s Casebook of Unimportant Interviews: Franki Krygowski's legs

I parked my tenspeed battery-drive stepthrough in front of the
smartest caff in town and wondered if my bike was smart enough for
Franki Krygowski, the noted cyclist and my first interview.

The first part of Franki I saw were his shaven legs, sticking out at
right angles to the table. I lifted up the cloth to see if there was
an obstruction under the table but there was nothing. Franki was just
showing off his shaven legs.

‘Nice legs,’ I said as I modestly disposed my own, fully clad, legs
under the table.

But Franki wasn’t interested in the niceties. Among the six empty
latte cups on the table lay a wodge of printout from the internet,
looking like it was from the famous rec.bicycles.tech. Ooh, I thought,
now I will get an insight into the cutting edge.

‘"Stickinthemuddery" may be evidence of attempted creativity,’ Franki
said suddenly, ‘or it may
be evidence that Jute's inability to break paragraphs has now
descended to the word level. Will he soon be making Ulysses look like
easy reading by comparison?’

Since Franki had gone back to contemplating his shaven legs
approvingly and didn’t seem likely to offer me refreshment, I gestured
to the counter for a round of latte. The editor had warned me that
some cyclists are a bit surly. All those lonely hours in the bathroom
with just a razor for company has that effect, or so the editor said.
I wouldn’t know: I don’t shave my legs.

‘This is Mr Andre Jute, the novelist and engineering and arts writer?’
I ventured. ‘He only wrote one long paragraph. That is hardly a
congenital disease.’

But Franki Krygowski wasn’t having any. ‘In any case, Mr. Jute seems
completely incapable of understanding that others' criteria may differ
from his own.’ He looked up at the waitress serving our latte and
flexed his knees apart an inch or two. ‘Keep ‘em coming,’ he said to
her. ‘My friend will pay.’
I nodded meekly. I wondered if it would be out of my own pocket or if
the editor would approve a few dollars out of petty cash to grease my
first interview. Talking of grease, I now saw that the glint on
Franki’s shaven legs was oil.
Now Franki was giving me the inside gen on Shimano’s latest electronic
Dura-Ace. How thrilling to speak to a real expert!
‘Yes,’ Franki said between slurps of latte, ‘an electronically and
mechanically complex pile of parts may seem wonderful to certain
people. For example: slowly pottering geriatrics, techno-complexity
freaks, those who'll never ride enough to test reliability, and those
for whom clicking a gear shifter is unbearably confusing. (And yes,
one person may have all those attributes.)’
‘Ooh,’ I said, taken a bit aback by Franki’s spiteful response to Mr
Jute’s name in the internet posts on the table. ‘Isn’t that a bit
politically incorrect?’
Franki waved the quibble away almost as if it offended him. He was on
a roll now. ‘But others may prefer more control of cadence, power
output and speed, _as well as more range and repairability.’
I smiled encouragingly. ‘You’re so right. It says on Mr Jute’s netsite
that he wouldn’t recommend Shimano’s electronics gears for
offroading.’
It was the wrong thing to say, though I cannot imagine why the fact
that Mr Jute agrees with him should infuriate Franki Krygowski so.
‘I recall an early electronic ignition system on my motorcycle
literally emitting sparks and clouds of smoke after a ride in a
mountain thunderstorm.’
The jellyrolls on Franki’s shaven legs quivered with his emotion. He
was so red in the face, I decided I had enough; I didn’t want my first
interviewee throwing a thombie. Franki didn’t notice me rising. As I
paid for our latte, I heard him behind me confiding to the waitress:
‘I also recall bicycling on gravel roads in remotest North Dakota,
when I couldn't begin to guess where the closest human being was. Not
the time I'd want my bicycle to explode sparks, nor say "Warning! A
firmware update is urgently needed!"’

‘Aw, Franki,’ she said, ‘everyone knows you never rode any further
than the depot on Main Street to pick up your subscription copy of
Musclehead. And put those disgusting shaven legs under the table if
you want to sit here for the rest of the day.’

--From A Cub Reporter’s Casebook of Unimportant Interviews

Old September 6th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Default A Cub Reporter¹s Casebook of Unimportant Interviews

In article
,
Andre Jute wrote:

Edited to make the pars clearer for the usual kibitzers.

[...]

Crikey, Andrew, hope you get some bites on this one.
You _could_ take lessons in trolling. As it is, the
kids take one look at you, make you give up your lunch
money, throw your sneakers over the power line, then
roll you in the ditch.

--
Michael Press
Old September 6th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pat[_14_]

Crikey, Andrew, hope you get some bites on this one.
You _could_ take lessons in trolling. As it is, the
kids take one look at you, make you give up your lunch
money, throw your sneakers over the power line, then
roll you in the ditch.

--
Michael Press

Yeah, let anybody criticize him in any way and he goes into a corner,
sulks, and then comes back with an all out attack. Do you think he'll
ever grow up? Nah, not a chance, the way he's going.

Pat in TX

Old September 6th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sep 6, 8:19*pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
*Andre Jute wrote:

Edited to make the pars clearer for the usual kibitzers.

[...]

Crikey, Andrew, hope you get some bites on this one.
You _could_ take lessons in trolling. As it is, the
kids take one look at you, make you give up your lunch
money, throw your sneakers over the power line, then
roll you in the ditch.

--
Michael Press

Did they authorize you to confess their malice, Michael? I wouldn't
want to kick a guy like Jobst Brandt in the goolies if he sinned
ignorantly, as it appears to me, nor Mike J whose heart is probably in
the right place.

Your wishful thinking is colorful but why am I not quaking in my
furlined booties?

Andre Jute
I didn't do anything to him, Judge. It's my mojo.
Old September 6th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

*Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

From you, perhaps, dear Mikey?

Andre Jute
Little Red Riding Hood

Old September 6th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

*******

*********
Crikey, Andrew, hope you get some bites on this one.
You _could_ take lessons in trolling. As it is, the
kids take one look at you, make you give up your lunch
money, throw your sneakers over the power line, then
roll you in the ditch.

--
Michael Press
Yeah, let anybody criticize him in any way and he goes into a corner,
sulks, and then comes back with an all out attack. *Do you think he'll
ever grow up? Nah, not a chance, the way he's going.

Pat in TX

Yo, Pat in Texas, where once there were men, thanks for another
opportunity to inded Franki Krygowski's quivering legs.

Andre Jute
Practical trollwork 101: knock against the head of the dummy.
Old September 7th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pat[_14_]

Yo, Pat in Texas, where once there were men, thanks for another
opportunity to inded Franki Krygowski's quivering legs.

Andre Jute

Yawn.

Old September 7th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sep 7, 2:40*pm, "Pat in Texas" where once men were men wrote:
...thanks for another
opportunity to index Franki Krygowski's quivering legs.

*******

[...]

Thanks for that, Pat. How long do you think before Jobst rewrites the
Cub Reporters Inconsequential Interview to be 2.143 times as funny?

AJ in Ireland
....where leprechauns are still leprechauns

Old September 7th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,

*Andre Jute wrote:

Edited to make the pars clearer for the usual kibitzers.

[...]

Crikey, Andrew, hope you get some bites on this one.
You _could_ take lessons in trolling. As it is, the
kids take one look at you, make you give up your lunch
money, throw your sneakers over the power line, then
roll you in the ditch.

Did they authorize you to confess their malice, Michael? I wouldn't
want to kick a guy like Jobst Brandt in the goolies if he sinned
ignorantly, as it appears to me, nor Mike J whose heart is probably in
the right place.

Your wishful thinking is colorful but why am I not quaking in my
furlined booties?

Why should you quake? What's the worst that could happen?
Do you think anyone read the unimportant interview, even
after you re-posted that page-and-a-half three times?
We are not quaking either. We are not reading it. Work on
your trolling. I suggest intervals. Short intense paragraphs.

--
Michael Press

CTC Fault Reporter Matt UK 6 November 15th 06 01:09 AM
Reporter looking for OC MUni riders leadpan Unicycling 12 September 2nd 06 02:44 AM
Helmetless reporter story. Simon Mason UK 10 September 28th 05 07:36 AM
UnImportant as hell,Please Read * * Olaf Timandahaff Racing 0 May 19th 05 08:31 AM
WTB: Girvin Rock Ring for 94mm bcd, color unimportant Bob Taylor Marketplace 0 November 26th 04 03:44 AM