Your favourite motorbike ever? The RBT perpetual motorcycle thread.

Old June 28th 14, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Your favourite motorbike ever? The RBT perpetual motorcycle thread.

On Friday, June 27, 2014 5:42:27 PM UTC-4, Dan O wrote:
Not my fave or anything like that, but...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152235820611973&set=pcb.101522358 31941973&type=1&theater

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

room for a rifle scabbard ?

ahhhhh yes.

MOVEM OUT... Yo Clint...MOVEM OUT !

Yes, H-D moves into the future with Bundy & Co.

Amazing Dude !

WOW Sunrise in the Painted Desert...float down to the waterhole on your electraHarley...shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....BLAM BLAM BLAM

bring home the ducks for Martha.

LOEPBURGERS ! !

Yawl viewed the progression to Krupp/BMW welded for Pan American subase, diamond diggers in SA running from the Mau Mau, fanaticizers in California, corn planters in Iowa.

The owner cannah get that wheelbase/trail round a median strip at 15 mph without blowing thru the camera crew. But down the road to infinity...outasight !

That's post war Yurp an Global road conditions. Doahn believe the Germans built those pigs caws they're stupid pigs. No Way Jose !

That's H-D down thru the cornfields to Yuma for lunch. The eternal American trip from Turkey and Ireland to...infinity. The GREAT AMERICAN WEST.

Land of delusion. Where men are men, self reliant rough ready hard individuals cut down every tree, killed the grass, destroyed the land with groos ignorance and mismanagement, always with their hand out for Fed money.

So H-D having gone bottom up trying lighter and cheaper with the Asian Horde moving to 100hp/liter, thought a merger with THE GREAT AMERICAN WEST would sell to those delusionists glued to....MOVEM OUT ! GUNSMOKE ! JOHNNY WICHITA ! that crazy baseball player....

Pa, when you go to the store get an oil cooler wudja ?

Old June 28th 14, 12:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Blue Heeler[_4_]

Andre Jute wrote:

My Laverda three-cylinder 750 and then the one litre were sturdy,
fast, reliable bikes of the highest quality, every detail carefully
considered and attended to by obsessives, overflowing in tactile and
kinesthetic pleasures at standstill and on the move (very quickly
indeed). They made British crap look like what it was, even in the
electrics, where the British bikes were a joke, and the Laverda was,
surprisingly, faultless; even the starter worked every time,
regardless of how cold and stiff the engine was.

You must have had very late model ones then.

Until the 180 degree crank was (rightly) thrown away and a proper 120
degree one fitted, the things vibrated so badly that the frequent stops
needed to encourage circulation to return were nicely phased so that
most of the nuts and screws that had loosened off could be also
tightened up.

The early Laverdas came with a Bosch alternator, which whilst
admittedly somewhat more reliable than most things British, was only
capable of 140watts and therefore had little in reserve after taking
care of a headlight, tail light and ignition requirements. Foolish
owners fitting heated grips or trying to run heated vests came undone
very quickly.

Later model laverdas came with a nippondenso alternator of
significantly great power.
Old June 28th 14, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:37:02 PM UTC+1, Blue Heeler wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

Sure, I had the angle-iron but I rode the flat-crank as well, and also owned an earlier, smaller twin, and that business about horrendous vibration just isn't true. A Laverda triple at speed was a very restful bike, none of that constant fuss and tension of some Japanese bike brands best left to juveniles. Nothing ever vibrated loose on any Laverda I rode, and certainly not on the ones I owned.

Andre Jute
Old June 28th 14, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://classicmotorcycles.about.com/...All-Time_8.htm
Old June 28th 14, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, June 28, 2014 5:49:17 PM UTC+1, wrote:
http://classicmotorcycles.about.com/...All-Time_8.htm

Laverda 750, in the link in Jota (British market) guise: "One of the ten best handling bikes of all time." I'd say! The comment -- "Although relatively heavy and with a slow response from rider input, the Jota won many races and fans with its ability to take fast sweeping bends in its stride" -- is just what I've been saying, a non-oversteering, stable bike with very predictable turn-in, unshakeable at 100mph on the sweep of German B roads at dawn on a Sunday morning. Wet leaves? What wet leaves? Oh, where those other bikers are down. Yah, I saw them and thought those amateurs shouldn't be allowed to buy a fast bike. I kept mine at our Cologne office because it loved those roads (very much like the smaller American roads, actually) so much, and managed to make most weekends a long weekend in Germany for the refreshing adrenaline blast.
Old June 28th 14, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, June 27, 2014 10:42:27 PM UTC+1, Dan O wrote:
Not my fave or anything like that, but...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152235820611973&set=pcb.101522358 31941973&type=1&theater

But it surely looks the business!

Andre Jute
Old June 29th 14, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

if he lived in Milan, he'd buy a Morgan...

http://www.projecteng.co.uk/Laverda/technical_faq.htm

Old June 29th 14, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, June 28, 2014 7:05:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
if he lived in Milan, he'd buy a Morgan...

http://www.projecteng.co.uk/Laverda/technical_faq.htm

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV1111111111

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL4qnEb10Qk

BUT NOT at 170....jeeez guys screw it together wudja !
Old June 29th 14, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Blue Heeler[_4_]

Andre Jute wrote:

Nothing ever vibrated
loose on any Laverda I rode, and certainly not on the ones I owned.

I suspect i know the reason for that. Imaginary motorcycles do not
vibrate and have only minimal servicing requirements.

Old June 29th 14, 09:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, June 29, 2014 2:52:50 AM UTC+1, Blue Heeler wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

Nothing ever vibrated

loose on any Laverda I rode, and certainly not on the ones I owned.

I suspect i know the reason for that. Imaginary motorcycles do not

vibrate and have only minimal servicing requirements.

Oh, Laverda aren't imaginary. They're real, just rare. You never heard of them when they were extant, and consequently had to rush to look them up on Wikipedia, because, as by now you must surely know, anonymous Blue Heeler, you aren't the sort of person who is let into such secrets. Sorry.

Andre Jute

Perpetual motions among the Democrats Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 0 December 28th 09 12:09 AM
Motorbike Filtering judith UK 148 February 21st 09 07:21 PM
Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 18kt Yellow Gold Mens Watch 118208 [email protected] UK 0 April 9th 08 06:46 PM
Perpetual motion! [email protected] Techniques 58 February 5th 08 08:04 PM
Motorbike abuse CoyoteBoy UK 26 April 30th 07 12:43 PM