Tire-making: it's-almost-boring-now-edition

Old August 23rd 18, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Cimperman

Default Tire-making: it's-almost-boring-now-edition

I made another attempt at the steel-belted radial tire project.
http://beevilletire.com/early_attemp...pdate_015.html

It took me a while to figure out how to make the rubber strips for the
tire's tread area. That seems to be going pretty well now.

This time it went south when I tried to expand the tire casing to fit
the belt. I already have a better setup for that planned but it will
take a bit.

At this juncture I suppose I could try just making a couple un-belted
radial tires, just for entertainment. There *are* still some (recumbent
trike) people who think that radial tires would be an improvement over
what's available.
,,,
Five or so years ago there was about three different tires coming out
that promised great things and radical designs, and yet all three turned
out to be utterly normal.... They're good tires, but not particularly
notable.
Old August 24th 18, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

I am *BOGGLED* that the current topic of discussion is "I could try just
making a couple un-belted radial tires"

Damn good reading mind.