tyre rotation

Old April 19th 05, 10:58 PM
geepeetee

Default tyre rotation

Hi

I have just bought a couple of 700 x 35 Michelin Transworld tyres. They
dont seem to have a rotation marked on them but i am sure there is a better
(if not right/wrong) way to fit them.

They have an arrow type pattern, should it point forwards or backwards.

Thanks

Gary

visit our website at www.justjents.co.uk

Old April 20th 05, 09:47 AM
Jeremy Collins

geepeetee wrote:
Hi

I have just bought a couple of 700 x 35 Michelin Transworld tyres. They
dont seem to have a rotation marked on them but i am sure there is a better
(if not right/wrong) way to fit them.

They have an arrow type pattern, should it point forwards or backwards.

I have the 700x28 Transworlds - I think they had a direction indicator
but I guess it's worn off. Anyway, I've got the arrow pattern pointing
forwards.

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

visit our website at www.justjents.co.uk

If the tyre has a label on only one side fit the tyre so that the label
is on the right hand side

Old April 20th 05, 02:40 PM
Jon Schneider

Generally with any (motor)bike you should see V shapes from the front
of the bike.

That means water will get pushed outwards.

Jon
Old April 20th 05, 06:17 PM
Zog The Undeniable

geepeetee wrote:
Hi

I have just bought a couple of 700 x 35 Michelin Transworld tyres. They
dont seem to have a rotation marked on them but i am sure there is a better
(if not right/wrong) way to fit them.

They have an arrow type pattern, should it point forwards or backwards.

Forwards at the front, rearwards at the back (looking from the top of
the bike). This assumes you want the front optimised for braking and
the rear optimised for driving, and you'll be riding on rough surfaces.

nimbus 2 tyre BungleBanks Unicycling 1 April 9th 05 11:56 PM
Tyre suddenly leaks air at valve. HELP! gkmac Unicycling 5 December 16th 03 11:20 PM
Tyre failure example (with an aside on tyre liners) Andrew Webster Techniques 16 December 12th 03 04:59 AM
Tyre failure and tyre liners Andrew Webster Techniques 5 December 4th 03 09:26 PM
Tyre Size Madness ChrisW UK 6 August 21st 03 03:20 PM