Which tool for Campag new Centaur Bottom bracket.

Old August 1st 05, 06:18 PM
Stan Cox

Default Which tool for Campag new Centaur Bottom bracket.

Hi all
I need to get a new bb for my winter hack and would like to fit the
new Campag Centaur bb (Not the AH one)but I cant see what tool you
need to fit it. I assume its the Record/Chorus tool UT-BB080. Is this
correct.

Stan Cox
Old August 1st 05, 07:03 PM
colnalu

Stan Cox wrote:
Hi all

I need to get a new bb for my winter hack and would like to fit the
new Campag Centaur bb (Not the AH one)but I cant see what tool you
need to fit it. I assume its the Record/Chorus tool UT-BB080. Is this
correct.

Stan Cox

Hi, I went over to Campag's site and found the instructions. According
to these, the new Centaur BB requires the same extractor tool as used
for Record and Chorus.

See: http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/722521...om_bracket.pdf

/Robert

Old August 1st 05, 07:43 PM

You can use the same tool used to remove the cassette.

Joseph

Old August 1st 05, 08:33 PM
Stan Cox

colnalu wrote:
Stan Cox wrote:

Hi all

I need to get a new bb for my winter hack and would like to fit the
new Campag Centaur bb (Not the AH one)but I cant see what tool you
need to fit it. I assume its the Record/Chorus tool UT-BB080. Is this
correct.

Stan Cox

Hi, I went over to Campag's site and found the instructions. According
to these, the new Centaur BB requires the same extractor tool as used
for Record and Chorus.

See: http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/722521...om_bracket.pdf

/Robert

Well that makes me look like an idiot I had looked on their site &
couldnt find the info. Thanks for the help.

Stan Cox
Old August 2nd 05, 03:35 PM
Robin Hubert

Stan Cox wrote:
Hi all
I need to get a new bb for my winter hack and would like to fit the new
Campag Centaur bb (Not the AH one)but I cant see what tool you need to
fit it. I assume its the Record/Chorus tool UT-BB080. Is this correct.

Stan Cox

Recently, I installed a Centaur bb for the first time. It was in a
properly prep'd frame. With far less than the recommended torque, the
thing was binding badly. With normal torque, the spindle was
ridiculously hard to turn. I called Ochsner on this and was told that
it was a known problem, and suggested that Campagnolo was blaming
"certain frames". Poppycock.

I installed an AC-H and everything was fine.

Perhaps the next installation will be ok?

Robin Hubert
Old August 2nd 05, 04:15 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Robin Hubert wrote:
Stan Cox wrote:
Hi all
I need to get a new bb for my winter hack and would like to fit the new
Campag Centaur bb (Not the AH one)but I cant see what tool you need to
fit it. I assume its the Record/Chorus tool UT-BB080. Is this correct.

Stan Cox

Recently, I installed a Centaur bb for the first time. It was in a
properly prep'd frame. With far less than the recommended torque, the
thing was binding badly. With normal torque, the spindle was
ridiculously hard to turn. I called Ochsner on this and was told that
it was a known problem, and suggested that Campagnolo was blaming
"certain frames". Poppycock.

I installed an AC-H and everything was fine.

Perhaps the next installation will be ok?

Since it's a Record/Chorus triple BB with a symmetrical spindle..maybe
it isn't 'poppycock'...who preeped your frame? Are youi sure the
threads are parallel? Mosers were famous for poorly made BB threads. It
is not unusual.

Robin Hubert

Old August 3rd 05, 07:03 AM
Robin Hubert

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Robin Hubert wrote:

Stan Cox wrote:

[...]

Peter,
What are you talking about? Too many Fat Tire ales?
I'm talking about the Centaur bb. I prep'd the frame with Campag.
tools, all around, threads, everything. I've been doing this for 5
years. Threads are parallel. Moser who? This was a Kogswell. The
only thing wrong was the bb. I didn't try another one. What do you
make of Campagnolo's comments?

Robin Hubert
Old August 3rd 05, 02:01 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Robin Hubert wrote:
Peter,
What are you talking about? Too many Fat Tire ales?
I'm talking about the Centaur bb. I prep'd the frame with Campag.
tools, all around, threads, everything. I've been doing this for 5
years. Threads are parallel. Moser who? This was a Kogswell. The
only thing wrong was the bb. I didn't try another one. What do you
make of Campagnolo's comments?

Robin Hubert

What I'm talking about is that the Centaur BB is the same innards and
cups as the Record/Chorus triple BB with a 111mm symetrical spindle. NO
problems with those so the Centaur isn't inherintly a problem, as you
implied-

So you may have had a defective one. ever think of that or too many
'ales'...